IGNORED

Getting Annoyed Now....

The Man In Black

People's attitude towards Bristol City in the Championship is beginning to annoy me now.

Actually, maybe not annoy, as I'm pleased with where we are.... but at the same time the comments are getting irksome.

I think that so far many people outside of the club have not given us credit for where we are and what we have achieved so far. Yes, I am the first to admit that we are only six games in and we have a LONG way to go, but all the talk about a difficult start to get acclimatised to the league have been completely unfounded.

Many of the match reports so far have been describing us as lucky. I even read a report from the Coventry match where we were described as lucky to win(!).

Against Sheffield Wednesday we were told that we were extremely lucky, without them being able to find a way past us. Despite us having a never say die attitude and sometimes rescuing a game in the last minute it is the other team that are described as being unlucky, never mind the fact that it was US who never gave up.

And today at work I was told by two colleagues that we are an anomaly in the table, that we're punching way above our weight and don't deserve to be there at all. This wasn't a mere "wind up" talk, they were deadly serious.

The clubs these two support? Sheffield Wednesday and QPR. One team lies in 23rd, the other 24th. And they say that WE are lucky to be where we are.

Sorry, but we are unbeaten so far. No one else is, which makes that a cracking record. We've played teams that are in the top of the league so far (Blackpool, S****horpe, Coventry, WBA) and still have that record. No one can say that we're only playing the poorly performing clubs.

Us, S****horpe and Blackpool are playing amongst teams that have benefited from being at this level for years or even enjoying the parachute payments from the Premiership. I'm beginning to think that they don't like us upsetting the apple cart in this league.

When will the pundits and fellow fans give us some credit?

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy where we are, we've had an amazing start and long may it continue!

Let them keep underestimating us I say. Yes it is annoying...The Championship TV programme seems to go on and on about anyone who once played in the Pemiership and don't seem to notice City's performances. We are top of the league on merit and 3 points against Burnley (lucky or otherwise) will do nicely!

Some people are just bitter. On the other hand alot of people have been giving us credit for what we have done so far and I think we have recieved quite alot of good press.

Mowbray tonight said he was dissapointed with a point(As anyone would be if you conceded that late) but also said we are a good side and deserve to be where we are at this moment in time. He said that its good that they are dissapointed with a point against a side higher than themselves in the table!!

• Admin

Look for a couple of the broadsheets' match reports from Saturday. A couple of them mention us as potential promotion candidates, as did a West Brom caller on the radio tonight (albeit via the play-offs).

The longer the run goes the more people will realise we are here on merit.

In all fairness we were lucky at Wednesday despite the hard work, but tables don`t lie, even only 6 games in, we`re there because the team deserves to be there. I can`t remember seeing a City side so commited to the cause. There`s still an awful long way to go but this is shaping up nicely. Roll on saturday.

PDG

Look for a couple of the broadsheets' match reports from Saturday. A couple of them mention us as potential promotion candidates, as did a West Brom caller on the radio tonight (albeit via the play-offs).

The longer the run goes the more people will realise we are here on merit.

Yeah, I've actually been surprised by the positivity so far this year, especially considering how upset so many media outlets acted when we got promoted.

The monday Guardian report suggested we rode our luck, but gave us full credit for our organisation and tactics, pointing out Coventry were not slouches either.

Plus, Sky Sports news tonight was upbeat about us too. We're the surprise package right now which makes us newsworthy and a good story. Will be a very different story once our form dips

We are top of the league on merit and 3 points against Burnley (lucky or otherwise) will do nicely!

Annoying thing is even if City had extremely lucky 1-0 wins for the whole season there would still be complaints on this forum.

1. Our forwards don't score enough.

2. The defence looks fragile.

3. We'll be slaughtered if we go up.

4. Some people will post GJ will now be snapped up by a bigger club.

5. Others will still post the Conference level manager uses the wrong tactics for this league.

Well, it is certainly a fair comment to say that six games into the season is no time to be making any judgments. Everyone has played six different teams, some will have had harder games, some easier. Our first four games were a pretty easy start on the face of it. The last two weren't, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that we got four points more from those games than I thought we'd get!

I'd say the first meaningful table Xmas, when everyone (roughly speaking) will have played everyone else once.

Then again ...

Top of the league, we're having a laugh :winner_third_h4h:

Archived