IGNORED

3 Big Games - Passed The Test

Loderingo

After what was seen as a reasonably easy opening 3 games against QPR, Blackpool and Scunny, everyone was saying that that the Wednesday, Coventry and WBA games would be a real test of how we would cope in this league. Some people said they would be happy with 2 points from those 3 games. Well we've passed the test with flying colours and in fact managed more points (7) than we did against the 3 perceived easier teams (5).

Our next 3 games - Burnley (H), Preston (A) & Barnsley (A) may look slightly easier on paper, but we mustn't be complacent. They do, however, give us a great chance if we can maintain our high level of performance to push on and stay near the top of the pile.

As we all know GJ likes to look at the season in blocks of 10 games and some people of suggested he might have set a target of about 14 points for the first ten. Well we have 12 already with 4 games remaining!

I will doubt there will be many Champ sides that come to AG this season and play as well or show as much quality as WBA. The fact that we held them to a battling draw shows how far we have come. It also shows that we should not be afraid of the top 6 sides. Last time we were relegated we got a mere 2 points out of 36 from games against the top 6 as I recall, which sent us down despite some good performances against our fellow strugglers. S****horpe and Blackpool have alrady shown that the "big 6" can be beaten and he need to be prepared to take them on both at Ashton Gate and on their own turfs.

I'm sure that the success we have had so far will help to bolster our confidence further and that that in turn will help deliver further success.

Roll on Saturday and bring on Burnley.

The last three games have also shown the remainder of this division that City can & will absorb continual pressure from stronger teams but go on to score themselves. Last minute goals v Cov C & WBA also show City will keep on going to the final whistle.

Downside of course is that many teams will come to AG and be happy to play for a point. :disapointed2se:

In hindsight that "worthy draw" v QPR is now looking like two points dropped.

Final point; anyone else noticed we fans no longer prefix the words <League> or <Division> with the word <poxy>!

Some people are getting VERY carried away,

It's too early to be even considering play-offs or anything like that, if we are still up here at xmas, but I still feel we have a long way to go to establish ourselves.

So far we have only played ONE team that could be considered a top team in this league and that was last night, a game that we somehow managed to snatch a possibly undeserved point from.,

We are yet to play TOP teams like Watford, Wolves, Sheffield Utd or Charlton, West Brom showed how hard this division is going to be this season, we need to concentrate of beating the likes of Hull, Colchester and Barnsley's off this league because they are what we are trying to aspire to right now and those are the teams we need to make sure we beat. Anything we get from the top few teams in this league can be considered a bonus, which is what last nights point was.

I just think we need to calm down a bit, we are doing well, have had a good start and let's enjoy the ride in the meantime, but play-offs and promtion...........that's just crazy talk in September.

I don't see any teams in the Championship much better than us, we should be afraid of no one now

we are going to make the playoffs and get promoted tbh imo.

if thats tongue in cheek, you had me for a second.

otherwise, have you looked at wolves, watford, west brom etc. squads?

I think it's highly premature to even mention play offs or promotion as pleased as I am with our two points a game start.

TBH, we've done that without looking at our best in any of those games for any real length of time.Most of the games, certainly the away games have been tremendous defensive performances with star quality goal keeping.The key issue for me is that players whose positions may have been considered under threat are playing out of their skins.

Basso, Orr, Fontaine all have real competition for their places as does, I suppose Louis Carey-and they are all responding magnificently-Not quite as much competition up front and in midfield is there? ;) Likewise Brian Wilson one of four right wingers.

A while ago I said take a look after twelve games and that'll be a better indication.Twenty four points then and I might be in that shop window with GJ :D

Until then, enjoy it, but calm down and keep your heads-Players & Fans.

Some people are getting VERY carried away,

It's too early to be even considering play-offs or anything like that, if we are still up here at xmas, but I still feel we have a long way to go to establish ourselves.

So far we have only played ONE team that could be considered a top team in this league and that was last night, a game that we somehow managed to snatch a possibly undeserved point from.,

We are yet to play TOP teams like Watford, Wolves, Sheffield Utd or Charlton, West Brom showed how hard this division is going to be this season, we need to concentrate of beating the likes of Hull, Colchester and Barnsley's off this league because they are what we are trying to aspire to right now and those are the teams we need to make sure we beat. Anything we get from the top few teams in this league can be considered a bonus, which is what last nights point was.

I just think we need to calm down a bit, we are doing well, have had a good start and let's enjoy the ride in the meantime, but play-offs and promtion...........that's just crazy talk in September.

How could you say "undeserved point" .After the effort that the team put in & not only effort but also a fair amount of skill I think we more than deserved a point .To say we didnt deserve it belittles al the hard work they put in .

Archived