IGNORED

V F M

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Is the football on offer changing anyone's views on ticket prices?

Last nights fare was surely the best game seen at the Gate for a few years, West Brom have quality, they moved the ball around effortlessly and we weren't far behind in skill, as well as exceeding them in endeavour and effort.

Does this justify the price hike? I would be happy to watch football like this every week, rather than the dire, 10 men behind the ball mentality of many of the 3rd & 4th division teams. If the consequence of seeing improved quality is a higher price, I'm happy to pay it.

Is the football on offer changing anyone's views on ticket prices?

Last nights fare was surely the best game seen at the Gate for a few years, West Brom have quality, they moved the ball around effortlessly and we weren't far behind in skill, as well as exceeding them in endeavour and effort.

Does this justify the price hike? I would be happy to watch football like this every week, rather than the dire, 10 men behind the ball mentality of many of the 3rd & 4th division teams. If the consequence of seeing improved quality is a higher price, I'm happy to pay it.

Interesting point. But so far its only one game that has been such high quality and so exiciting.You can't say the games against QPR and Scunny were anything like as good. Its always likely that Saturdays game against Burnley won't be as top notch either and on those grounds I'm not sure I agree that the huge price hike was worth it.

I took a lad from work last night, and although he wasn't happy paying near £27 for his ticket he certainly enjoyed it last night.

We keep playing like that then I doubt anyone will care too much about the pricing, the seats will be filled with those who can afford it, simple.

However if we suddenly have a bad spell I do worry gates could drop massively.

I took a lad from work last night, and although he wasn't happy paying near £27 for his ticket he certainly enjoyed it last night.

We keep playing like that then I doubt anyone will care too much about the pricing, the seats will be filled with those who can afford it, simple.

However if we suddenly have a bad spell I do worry gates could drop massively.

Top of the league, sixteen thousand, hmmmm i doubt if City wil sell out more than once this season.

I disagree.

I think Southampton, Cardiff and Sheffield United are all going to be near enough sold out.

We will see but i thought sixteen thousand was really good tonight but it should be lot more.

Sheff Utd is on tv and a late kick off so it will dramaticaly affect the gate.

Southampton is the game where i would expect a full house.

Last night's game was great but I simply don't believe that a rise of only 20% would have meant we made any less money really because we'd sell more tickets. There were 3,000 empty seats last night for a game against one of the best sides in the division, that should be telling us something.

But where were these 3,000 empty seats?! The Dolman was as full as I've ever seen in any game. In fact the club had sold tickets for season ticket holders seats (they will do anything for money these days, even sell the same seat twice!) at the back of the B Block so there were loads of people stood at the back for the entire game. And barely a spare solitary seat to be seen.

Atyeo looked pretty full, as did the Williams (apart from the Premier seating) and West Brom brought a fair few down. We said before the game that it looked 18,000 minimum. Not sure whether they stopped counting at kick off or at say 7.55 as there were a lot of people coming in late due to the ridiculous queues outside.

But where were these 3,000 empty seats?!

The attendance was 16.5k and that including non attending ST holders. We had over 19k in for the Rotherham game. There were around 3k empty seats give or take a few hundred. There were spare seats in every stand that were still on sale, judging by looking around the ground never seems to be that accurate.

Archived