IGNORED

Akinbiyi

Dolman Block B

Will he come back to haunt us?

Loved the guy when he was here, and confident he will give 100% sat.

Hopefully a decent recetion from our lot, then Fontaine/Carey will take good care of him.

I hope he doesn't Arn, hated the guy and was really pleased we made a decent profit out of him. Any player that tries to get the acclaim of the crowd for scoring the consolation goal in a 3-1 defeat is not a team player.

I hope he doesn't Arn, hated the guy and was really pleased we made a decent profit out of him. Any player that tries to get the acclaim of the crowd for scoring the consolation goal in a 3-1 defeat is not a team player.

Blimey HB hate,s a strong word.

What game was that mate?

I can only remember him for making strong runs, scoring and celebrating like a maniac!

Best Akinbiyi memory away to Leicester in the FA cup the january/february after they signed him with all four stands at filbert street signing 'what a waste of money' - still think if he'ld of scored a quarter of the chances he missed we'ld of stayed up that year - respectful applause deserved but he was nowt special imo

Former players always seem to score against us. So I wouldn't be surprised if Ade does on sat.

I will certainly clap him before the game as he was a quality player for us in what was a poor season.

But come kick off I shall be willing him to have the worse game of his career.

He lied to me!!

I won the "Player of the Month" competition in the Evening post and was invited to a luncheon at the Swallow Hotel on Park Street. He was there for City, Cureton for the Sags (Spit).

I asked him over smoked salmon would he be staying, he said he was taking his kid to Florida for a hoilday and would be there next season.....then the bugger left!

How very dare you!

I always thought his nickname was Panicbuyi?

Same here.

He always gave 100% for us and ill be giving him the good reception he deserves on saturday.

Always remember those t shirts they had under their city shirts vs Crewe (5-2 if i remember correcty) and when he scored he took his shirt off, had some message about sticking with us.

Didnt know that CH.

Where abouts it to?

Aye

If you're heading towards AG from Avonmouth along the Portway, before you go under the Suspension Bridge there is a massive rock slope on the lefthand side where the water treatment works are and where the rock climbers chill out (its fenced off now) it was in big bold letters, you could'nt miss it when it was done, but think its now been removed of written over/faded away.

Very symbolic at the time when he was considering his move, it did'nt make much difference in the end though :laugh: as he buggered off! :violin:

Must be others who remember this?

He scored 21 goals in a VERY VERY poor team that finished bottom.

What else could he do for you to 'rate' him??

Yes, I know his goal scoring record for us thanks.

But standing him alongside players such as Andy Cole/Jacki/Bob taylor/Goater/Riley do I rate hime as a player......no.

Besides, what has he done since?

Yes, I know his goal scoring record for us thanks.

But standing him alongside players such as Andy Cole/Jacki/Bob taylor/Goater/Riley do I rate hime as a player......no.

Besides, what has he done since?

We gotta get rid of McCallister then, cos hes' nowhere as good as barnard was or, get rid of fontaine cos he's nowhere near as good as Shaun Taylor was!!

Do we compare players to all the greats when they play for us - or do we actually see if they play well for us?

We gotta get rid of McCallister then, cos hes' nowhere as good as barnard was or, get rid of fontaine cos he's nowhere near as good as Shaun Taylor was!!

Do we compare players to all the greats when they play for us - or do we actually see if they play well for us?

Jeez.....calm down!

Yes he scored goals for us, and I give him plenty of credit for that. But do I think he is/was a great/talented footballer (or legend as you put it)....no I bloody don't!

He is a very average player who did well one season for us.

Probably why you haven't answered my question....what has he done since?

Wasn't he top goalscorer that season? with about 21 goals?

His scoring record considering we finished rock bottom was impressive in my opinion. He certainly was one quality player for us

Not being funny mate, 21 is impressive on paper, but that year he should've scored 41.

He missed chance after chance.

An unintelligent player, with a poor first touch, and a poor shot to be fair, who relied heavily on pace and power.

I look back on that season and 21 was a poor return considering the chances he had.

Archived