IGNORED

Fantastic Start - Who Has Surprised Most?

allyolly

Surely everyone is agreed that the start we have made is beyond all expectations. Lets just hope we can continue to show this spirit till the end of the season cos what we might lack in ability we will make up for in sheer determination and committment to the cause.

But which player(s) have surprised you most by making the step up from the lower league?

For me it has to be one of Bradley, Fonts and Basso which would go some way to explaining our great defensive record.

Surely everyone is agreed that the start we have made is beyond all expectations. Lets just hope we can continue to show this spirit till the end of the season cos what we might lack in ability we will make up for in sheer determination and committment to the cause.

But which player(s) have surprised you most by making the step up from the lower league?

For me it has to be one of Bradley, Fonts and Basso which would go some way to explaining our great defensive record.

For me it's Fontaine so far, although Basso has been great. But I think that our best player is now Marvin Elliot - he has made a massive difference in the middle of the park. He has transformed our midfield and that's with LJ who has not shone yet. I wonder how he would play with a fully fit Noble. In theory they would compliment each other very well.

Definately Fontaine. He gave no clues last season that he could be so impressive. Two words described him last season - 'unspectacular' and 'steady'.

But this season he's been a revalation.He's quicker, reads the game well, is more confident especially with the ball at his feet and he's formed a great understanding with Carey.

The other player who has impressed is Elliot.What a star! and well done to the City coaching team for spotting his potential.He has impressed us all immensely with his great engine and massive heart.He really reminds me of the City legend Gerry Gow - and I don't say that lightly.Gow was a magnificent player and my City player favourite of all time. If Elliot could maintain his current form over the next few seasons he could be mentioned in the same breath as the great man.He only needs to add a few goals to his CV and he'd be very close.

Elliot is the only player that I've seen in a City shirt since Gow left (1981) who reminds me of the Scottish hard man.That alone say something.

I said at the start of the season we would finish 7th... I see nothing to change that view. So, no, this start is NOT beyond my expectation.

There will for sure be prem clubs sniffing around the Gate if we are anyway near where we are now come January... for the likes of Elliott and Orr who, for me, are the two best players so far.

Liam Fotaine- good when he first came but poor at times last season.

Bradley Orr- Didn't think he was that good in League 1 but he has coped very well so far despite a slightly poorer game last night. Long may it continue.

Bradley Orr is a legend. He may not be the most gifted of players we will see grace the Ashton Gate turf however he sure makes up for it by wearing his heart on his sleeve.

He has really grown up and improved his game under GJ's guidance.

It was also fantastic to hear him say that despite scoring the goal he thought he played badly. Some players wouldn't do that and would instead revel in all the glory. However he is a real down to earth guy and is loved by the fans' even though he isn't one of our better players.

But for me I'm turn between Fontaine and Elliott. Both have been brilliant.

Archived