IGNORED

Draw - A Fair Result?

Robbored

Very disapointed today with the City performance. Untill the last 15 mins they looked jaded and out of idea's and resorted to most ineffective 'tactic' of long punts up the pitch. I could understand the tactic if City had a tall front man but untill Vasko came on the punts were coming straight back.The Burnley team must all have been over 6ft tall and ambitious chips and punts played straight into thier hands. It was like watching a Div 1 match and we've all seen enough of them.

On a positive note - the 'never say die' attitude and tremendous spirit of the City squad showed through again and forging a 2-1 lead after going 0-1 down was fantastic but yet again a lack of concentration in the last min cost us two points.Thats probably what Johnson was on about when talking to the players on the pitch after the final whistle.

Burnley didn't look that polished to me. Certainly nowhere near as classy as WBA but once again City held their own against different opposition.7 games and yet to taste defeat - not bad!

Agree with most of whats been said. We had lots of possession first half without creating any clear cut chances, would liked to have seen a few more shots from outside the box to at least test their keeper whom is a little dodge. Burnley picked up in the second half, but were still gifted both goals by Lee Johnson failing to clear his lines TWICE..he did have a better game and was unlucky the ball sliced off his foot for a corner in the last min. How we let their centre half score an over head kick from 3 yards I will never know :noexpression:

Trundle again was not really in it, and its a shame that our passing game just wasnt happening (Way to many sloppy passes and giving the ball away carelessly (Jamie M especially), as was mentioned their centre backs must have been laughing at our ridiculous tactics of punting the ball up to our forwards when they could just win everything time after time. Byfield looked lively and took both his goals really well. I just wish we could get the width back into our games and wipp in more crosses, something that hardly happened again.

Still, its 7 unbeaten and we march on! :winner_third_h4h:

Very disapointed today with the City performance. Untill the last 15 mins they looked jaded and out of idea's and resorted to most ineffective 'tactic' of long punts up the pitch. I could understand the tactic if City had a tall front man but untill Vasko came on the punts were coming straight back.The Burnley team must all have been over 6ft tall and ambitious chips and punts played straight into thier hands. It was like watching a Div 1 match and we've all seen enough of them.

Did you miss the first half?

We totally bossed it in every way and we weren't playing long ball at all. What we lacked was a striker alongside Trundle. We broke through the middle on the floor many, many times and had noone on the end of anything. If Byfield had started we'd have been out of sight by half time IMO.

Burnley came out in the second half with more about them and looked dangerous for a short while but they only managed a handful of chances in the entire game.

The reason we don't have three points today is that we made a schoolboy error defending a set piece by not putting anyone on the post. Wilson normally does that but he'd gone off and noone took the responsibility despite having 11 back in the box.

A couple of poor individual performances aside, the only area we lacked in was cutting edge, and that will be fixed next game after Byfield's exploits today I'm sure.

Taken in context it was a good result for an off day and we've got off to a great start.

Thought a draw was a fair result, gutted at conceding in the last seconds again, we've got 2 flying wingers and i just wish they'd take the fullbacks on, get to the by-line and get the crosses in, they're the hardest ones to defend and easiest crosses to attack, Carey and Byfield outstanding!

No, we deserved a win today. We didnt agianst Wednesday and we stole a point vs Baggies but we were the better team today except from 10mins at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Agreed it looked league one but we were trying to play and use our width whilst lacking an edge up front. Surely Byfield will start now.

Our back 4 were excellent today against a dangerous pair in Gray and Blake.

I was heartened by our performance. Unfortunately we gifted them 2 goals and the deflation at the final whistle was unbearable

i had to walk out i was so angry and thats unfair cause our lot deserved a clap at the end.

As for LJ , well no one is going to give it away on the edge of their own box or slice it out for a corner with seconds on the clock

(under no pressure ) on purpose but. again i thought he was poor all game apart from doing a lot of sweeping up and

so his errors show up more i suppose. :dunno:

Loved Vasko's dive by the way... :winner_third_h4h:

We totally bossed it in every way and we weren't playing long ball at all. What we lacked was a striker alongside Trundle. We broke through the middle on the floor many, many times and had noone on the end of anything. If Byfield had started we'd have been out of sight by half time IMO.

Burnley came out in the second half with more about them and looked dangerous for a short while but they only managed a handful of chances in the entire game.

The reason we don't have three points today is that we made a schoolboy error defending a set piece by not putting anyone on the post. Wilson normally does that but he'd gone off and noone took the responsibility despite having 11 back in the box.

A couple of poor individual performances aside, the only area we lacked in was cutting edge, and that will be fixed next game after Byfield's exploits today I'm sure.

Taken in context it was a good result for an off day and we've got off to a great start.

Yeah that's spot on. Lots of knee jerk reactions on the basis of a last minute goal, which isn't in context of the game.

We did play some good football, against a well organised strong established championship team!! Yet people are still moaning about it?? I know we weren't outstanding, but we were heading for all three points.

As for the 'ineffective' move to put vasko upfront, we scored two goals in ten minutes!! And he caused all sorts of hassle against a team who were winning all the arial battles. Good enough for Jose, good enough for GJ!

Totally agree, for about a 10-15 minute period before half-time we totally controlled the game, I can remember numerous occasions when one of Burnley's players picked up the ball well inside their own half, only for 2-3 City players to close in around them (with Elliott one of them, most of the time!), but the only chance we made from that was McIndoe's impressive shot on about 35 minutes.

Went into half-time thinking "If Johnson puts it up 'em, we'll come out of the blocks flying second half, no problem." And that's where it all went wrong, straight away we were awful, in the end we didn't really deserve a point for our awful second half performance.

But we're still unbeaten, so you can't be too downhearted, a point's a point, at the end of the day - especially in this division.

Burnley were very poor, and we havnt played that badly for a long long time.

Think if we'd got 3 points we'd have totally mugged them, a point was lucky for us.

Although we put ourselves into that position so welcome it after a dire performance.

Cant play that badly again all season and still unbeaten so not too bad.

I thought we done OKAY and to be honest we really should have won the game, Not becuase we played particularly well but because Burnley were awful. I cant remember them hardly having a shot before they scored!! I was very dissapointed with them.

As was previously said, we were in total control in the first half but didnt create anywhere near enough with the posession we had.

They improved slightly second half but even then they werent up to much. No pace at all and Blake and Gray didnt cause us that many problems.

We shot ourselves in the foot at the end - again - from a set piece but the ball should have been half way up the pitch for a throw in not out for a corner. And then to follow that we defended it poorly. Kind of a reversal of tuesday in a way.

Trundle was hugely frustrating today, Nothings sticking for him at the moment and he hardly won a ball in the air. It isnt due to lack of height either, Byfield came on and won more headers in his first 5 minutes on the pitch than Trundle did in the 90. Thats because he went for the ball rather than moaning at the ref and trying to get a free kick!!

In the grand scheme of things though we musnt be dissapointed. Its another point and we are still unbeaten. Alot of the players are still new to eachother and I believe their is plenty more to come from this side.

Draw was fair. First half we were OK, maybe slightly the better side without creating anything. 2nd half they came out and were all the stronger until they got the goal. They looked comfortable until we scored and then we were all over them. Just disapointing to have thrown 2 leads away in the last seconds at home I guess.

Obviously the thing that rankles the most is throwing away 2 points again after dragging ourselves into the lead. Theres no doubt that our unexpected start to the season has lifted expectation levels to unprecedented heights. First and foremost remember we are still the only unbeaten team in the CCC, we are still 4th in the table and thats quite a few places above where many would expect us to be.

Personally i think Burnley came here today looking for a point, minimum. Their back four was the most organised and biggest! i`ve seen yet and they defended high up the pitch, squeezed the midfield and gave us no room to play our passing game. The disappointing thing for me was that we just continued to lump the ball up to the forwards whom 9 times out of 10 didn`t even get posession. We needed someone up there to hold the ball up for midfielders running through but it just didn`t happen often enough and when it did there was nobody running through. It was just one of those days, it probably won`t be the last. As for LJ, at fault for the first yes, but you can`t blame him for the second. We should have been more organised for the corner and as somebody has already said, someone should have been on that RH post.

Came away feeling somewhat numb, it was an odd afternoon. BTW, attendance was about a thousand more than i`d anticipated.

PDG

That's how I saw it.

Burnley were the better side for most of the first half and we were just lumping the ball forward for their defenders to have an easy header. They were passing the ball much better than us and looked like the home side to me.

Second half started the same and we only started to get into it after about 70 minutes had gone by.

At that point we had them panicking and got the two late goals - only to chuck it away.

Very frustrating game and if we had won, it would've been hard on Burnley.

We just about deserved the draw.

Agree, they had a decent game plan, played a very high line, first half at least, catching a number of players offside on numerous occasions. They didn't offer much throughout the whole game and didn't play that well, but first half at least they looked ok. We were appalling at times.

That's how I saw it.

Burnley were the better side for most of the first half and we were just lumping the ball forward for their defenders to have an easy header. They were passing the ball much better than us and looked like the home side to me.

Second half started the same and we only started to get into it after about 70 minutes had gone by.

At that point we had them panicking and got the two late goals - only to chuck it away.

Very frustrating game and if we had won, it would've been hard on Burnley.

We just about deserved the draw.

If we had won we would have deserved it because Burnley were happy to put nearly all their men behind the ball at 0-1, and invited us to break them down.

Burnley were streetwise and 'professional', riding a fine line with a lenient referee. We deserved to win for our patient probing which took time to generate those two goals. That's how far our club has come in the last year and yesterday was a lesson in how to break down a highly frustrating side.

An excellent game yesterday overall and I'm relieved that we're matching and scoring against every Championship side we play - unlike when we were last in this division !!!!!

Burnley are a big strong side though very unsporting. I reckon Byfield was on side on at least two occasions in the second half when the ball was played to him. Alas, as soon as Burnley's central defenders put their hands up to appeal the linesman would always give the offside.

The Burnley player celebrating in front of the Atyeo is asking for trouble doing that. Had he done that in front of the Dolman he could have been hospitalised. It would have only taken one lad to have hopped over the hoardings to give him a slap and BCFC would have probably been fined with the errant BCFC supporter being had up in court.

Up the City

but yet again a lack of concentration in the last min cost us two points.Thats probably what Johnson was on about when talking to the players on the pitch after the final whistle.

GJ should be looking at his substitution that simply invited Burnley onto us with no-one up front to pick up clearances.

Pushed Vasko back, took off Trundle left Mckindoe up front alone.

Should just have replaced LJ with Skuse. Three points would have been ours.

Archived