IGNORED

Darren Byfield.

Robbored

Very impressed with Byfield today.Ran his socks off, created space and two very decent finishes. Shame he didn't get much decent service untill the last 15 mins.

He certainly looks to be a poacher of some quality. Just what City need.

The scouting team at AG deserve much credit for spotting him as they did.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1203

Byfield has usually managed to score goals wherever he's been and I don't think he's going to have any problems doing the same for us, providing the service is good enough. He must be on at least the same wages as Trundle, if not more, and i think we need to be starting him and getting our moneys worth because he certainly looks match sharp now.

Byfield was very impressive and took his goals very well but the man who deserves massive acclaim is Michael McIndoe.

Last season, we wouldn't have cretaed those opportunites from the left for Byfield to score with a right-footer having to keep cutting back onto his right foot the norm. But with McIndoe, the balance is so much more natural and I thought he was immense today.

I wasn't an advovcat of signing Trundle in the summer for that fee given his age and lack of experience but any criticism of him is unjust when his whole service was simply long balls. Only when we start playing the ball into his feet will we see the best of him IMO.

• SC&T Board Members
Byfield was very impressive and took his goals very well but the man who deserves massive acclaim is Michael McIndoe.

Last season, we wouldn't have cretaed those opportunites from the left for Byfield to score with a right-footer having to keep cutting back onto his right foot the norm. But with McIndoe, the balance is so much more natural and I thought he was immense today.

I wasn't an advovcat of signing Trundle in the summer for that fee given his age and lack of experience but any criticism of him is unjust when his whole service was simply long balls. Only when we start playing the ball into his feet will we see the best of him IMO.

Let's hope Noble's fit soon! He's the man to do just that!

Byfield was quality and took his goals well. Trundle is also a quality signing, the problem is, he is always man marked and usually takes 2 defenders with him, thus creating space for others to score. Byfield and Trundle up front with Sproule on the right wing seems the right solution. After 7 games gone, we do not need to worry whether we can cope with the CCC. Indeed the way we are playing a top ten finish is very possible, especially if and when Brooker finally becomes available. We have a quality squad and I am very very happy with the way we are playing and the football on offer.

D.B. has been different class already for City.

Comes on at Cov, and scores on his debut.

Tuesday night, chasing a lost cause and won the corner which led to Bradley's equaliser.

Yesterday, showed all the ability of a young Ian Wright, (who he reminds me of massively), and took his goals sublimely.

I'm just shocked as I've just read in the paper he's 30 !

I thought he was at least 5 years younger than that.

Millwall must be insane to let us have him, and Marvin ! HA, HA !

Nice one G.J.

Very impressed with Byfield today.Ran his socks off, created space and two very decent finishes. Shame he didn't get much decent service untill the last 15 mins.

He certainly looks to be a poacher of some quality. Just what City need.

The scouting team at AG deserve much credit for spotting him as they did.

Byfield looks like a natural finisher, which was illlustrated by his shooting for a debut goal against Coventry and second yesterday, both executed perfectly. I don't know how he craned his neck muscles to reach McIndoe's cross and head home that half chance, but it was a terrific goal.

Like whats been said about Trundle, if your going to lump 50/60 yard balls upto him, don't expect much, play it to his feet just outside the area and the results will come. What i will say is, he deserves to start because of the amount of space he makes. Hes dragging defenders out of position and everytime it looks like he will get a sniff of the ball, he got 2 players on him straight away. Give him time.

As for Byfield, looked really lively. Took both goals brilliantly and you knew he would score, because of the amount of space he was finding himself in before he got the goals, he was offside a few times and got challenged but you know it will come with him.

I'm really pleased with our 2 up top. Just need Brooker to come out of a coma and we will really be on fire!

Everything Trundle isn't.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if that is yours....fair enough.

But why feel the need to post it in a thread about Byfield?

For the record, Byfield looks quality and deserves a chance to show what he can do in 90 minutes. (Alongside Trundle!)

Archived