IGNORED

Fed Up With Being Called A Part Timer

bcfcmike6969

just to let u all know I hate the posts where City fans moan about the gates we get at ashton gate.I used to be a season ticket holder with my wife and my son and i paid roughly a £1000 for the 3 of us a season.Now work this we get take home 1500 a month between us

Right shouldnt bring personal detaila into it but listen to our situation

WE SPEND £600 A MONTH MORTGAGE

SHOPPING IS AT LEAST £320 A MONTH

COUNCIL TAX AND WATERS £130 A MONTH

WE HAVE THE CARS AT £320 A MONTH

work it out it leaves hardly nothing please although we cant watch um all the time even though I was there against west brom we love CITY AND WILL ALWAYS WILL please give the fans a chance

just to let u all know I hate the posts where City fans moan about the gates we get at ashton gate.I used to be a season ticket holder with my wife and my son and i paid roughly a £1000 for the 3 of us a season.Now work this we get take home 1500 a month between us

work it out it leaves hardly nothing please although we cant watch um all the time even though I was there against west brom we love CITY AND WILL ALWAYS WILL please give the fans a chance

Exactly

My out goings are similar to yourself, I was fortunate this season to be able to renew my season ticket for the 12 consecutive season....but its getting harder and harder.

Its does annoy me when people refer to fans such as yourselves as part timers....no doubt the fan that says that is some spotty nosed teenager who lives at home with his parents, paying £20 a week rent!

Ok, we got promoted and prices go up....but it doestn mean people can afford it. Cost of living in the City is high at the minute, and sadly enough.....bills have to come above football

I'm buying my tickets in advance at the moment and I bought my ticket for the Williams Stand for £26 instead of £28 - only a small saving but every little helps. Especially considering I borrowed £3,500 on my credit card for a family holiday to the Bahamas in order to get a piccie with the statue of famous Bristolian and pirate hunter Captain Woodes-Rogers with a City flag as per my avatar image. :innocent06: I'll be crippled for the next year paying that £3,500 back - but what the hell - I'll never be the richest man in the graveyard that's now guaranteed with City charging what they do for a match ticket. :winner_third_h4h:

you say cars?? Can't you get rid of one then??

Can well understand but you need to lighten up a bit and stop giving a flying one what anybody thinks or says. Number one is you the missus and kids, next holidays :cool2: then the bills; anything left could go on entertainment i.e being in the E.E at Ashton Gate or whatever floats your boat.

Who cares what other people/fans think its your life, one life live it. :farmer:

I could not give a Hoot what anyone thinks about the fact i have only been to ONE game this season. Like the person who started this thread my outgoings are massive.

I stated before the season started that after a few games the crowds would go down. WBA game there was 14.000 City there and Burnley 13.000. I can not afford to go with my 2 boys, i wont go on my own and leave them at home.

Sextone cocked up the price structure FACT.

We as a club are on the crest of a wave, but still the crowds arent good.

I have been going for 33 years and this is the first year that i cant afford the prices, you wont find many more loyal than me and if it effects me, how are the floating support going to pay £30 if we (hopefully not) have a bad run of results.

I know a few people in my situation and they are now getting to feel less and less part of the club.

The team are doing so well, its just a shame that some of us who have been PRICED OUT cant get to watch them :ranting:

Dry your eyes mate!!! We all have bills, if you can't go, you can't go! Surely there should be others to fill your place ifyou don't go. If we can take 40,000 to cardiff for the play-offs etc we should be getting at least 18-20k a week including away support.

Fair weather supporters

Dry your eyes mate!!! We all have bills, if you can't go, you can't go! Surely there should be others to fill your place ifyou don't go. If we can take 40,000 to cardiff for the play-offs etc we should be getting at least 18-20k a week including away support.

Fair weather supporters

Course theres others who will take our places,they all live in Cornwall,Dorset etc etc and they are waiting untill we get in the Premier league :whistle2: .Then they can all turn up to watch there glamour sides.

Fair weather supporters

Yep, they were there in the capacity crowd agaimst Burnley! Weren't they?? And will they still come when we are not doing so well??

Welsh or English? Often I hear this asked of me and the answer is both and it does people's heads in - we then get in to a conversation about where were you born - England - where do you live - Wales - where we you brought up - England are your parents English - No they're welsh. Well you don't sound Welsh why don't you go back to England? So if you're wife gave birth to your son in England he would be welsh or English - Welsh of course but it wouldn't happen - The arguement as to whether you're English or Welsh just goes around in circles and the people trying to prove that they are more of one than you can ever be is just damn silly.

As is this arguement about whether there are part time supporters or full time supporters. The measure of a whether a fan is a fan and a supporter is how passionate you are about the team and given your own financial resources what you can do about following the team. Now if I earned a shed load of money and won the lottery I expect I would invest in the club - perhaps £0.25m - £0.5m. I would be entitled to the best seats in the house, travel with the directors when I want to and the club will have benefitted hugely by the financial donation that I provided - does this financial gift mean that I am more of a supporter than the guy who hasnt missed a match for 20 years or the chap who has a season ticket - well some would argue that it's the number of times you see City and how much City make off you from viewing matches, buying merchandise etc... makes you more of a supporter than the chap who turns up once or twice a year.

The mature outlook on this arguement is given your financial resources and your family circumstances are you a loyal supporter who will make games or not depending on finances rather than how are we playing, who are we playing and how much the price of the ticket has gone up since last time.

From a personal prospective - I think the club has put the prices up too much but havent gone over the top - the lack of meaningless football matches which allows the club to offer quid a kid offers meansd that there are less oppertunities for the club and supporters to take advantage of these very attractive offers. Having to balance financial priorities between family and self entertainment I suspect that with the absense of family offers I will have seen the last game at Ashton Gate this season. Sad really - seen friendly against Darren Anderton's mob and WBA I have planned to go to away matches at Wolves, WBA and Southampton due to financial constraints.

Guage people on their passion for the club is a much more fruitful disposition to have. last year I managed 6 or 7 home matches and 1 away match at Rovers - I remember that when we played Liverpool I was the first in the queue for the allocation of tickets that were available after the Season Ticket holders had theirs. I had fantastic tickets for the home and away matches against Cardiff in the playoffs (together with a £80 mobile phone bill whilst being on the move all day)(note I had to travel from Wales to get the coach to cardiff to then watch the match and return to bristol so I could get my car to travel back to my home - 20 miles north of cardiff). I remember getting up at 3:30 a.m. to get in a queue for a ticket to the Walsall away match in the 1988 playoffs and travelling to the match knowing my first born was due any day.

Call me a part timer if you like (I been called a daily mail reader last time I posted - so I been called worse) but I empathise with the opening poster's sentiment.

I fully understand the original poster's point of view. My college's American football team is having a down spell after years of success. It has brought out the worst in people; it seems a lot of posters on our message boards have a litmus test for who is and is not a "real fan." I have been accused of not being a real fan because I can't make the 200 mile drive to our home games. Insanity, eh? As I said on that forum, all of us support the club; if we didn't we wouldn't post here. So don't feel ashamed of your level of support, and never be afraid to proclaim your love for City to anyone who asks.

At the end of the day people have a right to do as they wish,if you can't afford to go to games that seems a perfectly good reason(not that you need one) as far as the 40,000 fans is concerned every club besides the biggest in the land will only attract fans for the bigger games.

What would evryone think if we did sell out each game and it became difficult to get tickets for home games,then you'd tell people to clear off because they never used to come when we were poor.

At the end of the day people have a right to do as they wish,

We all have a choice as to where we spend our hard-earned. At the moment, there is no doubt that certain people are being priced out; however, there is also no doubt that there is little difference in attraction between a mid-lower CC side and a Div 1 side (in terms of getting bums on seats).

If we were playing WBA or Charlton week in week out, the ground would be near capacity.

Personally, I think the board have got the pricing wrong because not all games are against top sides. Look at how the 20-20 World Cup was sold out (cheap tickets) and how the other Limited Over World Cup (expensive tickets) wasn't.

One final point: when tickets are expensive, big crowds don't always guarantee good atmosphere. Remember a proportion of those extra people will be neutralish prawn-sandwich eating 'part-timers' who aren't sure who Lea Trindle is. They don't sing cos they don't know the songs and they leave early cos they want to know how Spurs/ Arsenal (insert prem team of their choice) have got on.

I don't think people have a problem with fans tht cant afford to go because, that isnt their fault. Its the people that can go, can afford it, but basically cant be bothered to. The ones that come out for the big games, or don't even go to any game at all and still profess to be staunch city fans.

There's countless people i know that fit into that category. There's one bloke i know that will only wear his city shirt out if we win. If we draw or lose he doesnt wear it. Then has the gall to take the pi55 out of the Rovers fans.

Welsh or English? Often I hear this asked of me and the answer is both and it does people's heads in - we then get in to a conversation about where were you born - England - where do you live - Wales - where we you brought up - England are your parents English - No they're welsh. Well you don't sound Welsh why don't you go back to England? So if you're wife gave birth to your son in England he would be welsh or English - Welsh of course but it wouldn't happen - The arguement as to whether you're English or Welsh just goes around in circles and the people trying to prove that they are more of one than you can ever be is just damn silly.

As is this arguement about whether there are part time supporters or full time supporters. The measure of a whether a fan is a fan and a supporter is how passionate you are about the team and given your own financial resources what you can do about following the team. Now if I earned a shed load of money and won the lottery I expect I would invest in the club - perhaps £0.25m - £0.5m. I would be entitled to the best seats in the house, travel with the directors when I want to and the club will have benefitted hugely by the financial donation that I provided - does this financial gift mean that I am more of a supporter than the guy who hasnt missed a match for 20 years or the chap who has a season ticket - well some would argue that it's the number of times you see City and how much City make off you from viewing matches, buying merchandise etc... makes you more of a supporter than the chap who turns up once or twice a year.

The mature outlook on this arguement is given your financial resources and your family circumstances are you a loyal supporter who will make games or not depending on finances rather than how are we playing, who are we playing and how much the price of the ticket has gone up since last time.

From a personal prospective - I think the club has put the prices up too much but havent gone over the top - the lack of meaningless football matches which allows the club to offer quid a kid offers meansd that there are less oppertunities for the club and supporters to take advantage of these very attractive offers. Having to balance financial priorities between family and self entertainment I suspect that with the absense of family offers I will have seen the last game at Ashton Gate this season. Sad really - seen friendly against Darren Anderton's mob and WBA I have planned to go to away matches at Wolves, WBA and Southampton due to financial constraints.

Guage people on their passion for the club is a much more fruitful disposition to have. last year I managed 6 or 7 home matches and 1 away match at Rovers - I remember that when we played Liverpool I was the first in the queue for the allocation of tickets that were available after the Season Ticket holders had theirs. I had fantastic tickets for the home and away matches against Cardiff in the playoffs (together with a £80 mobile phone bill whilst being on the move all day)(note I had to travel from Wales to get the coach to cardiff to then watch the match and return to bristol so I could get my car to travel back to my home - 20 miles north of cardiff). I remember getting up at 3:30 a.m. to get in a queue for a ticket to the Walsall away match in the 1988 playoffs and travelling to the match knowing my first born was due any day.

Call me a part timer if you like (I been called a daily mail reader last time I posted - so I been called worse) but I empathise with the opening poster's sentiment.

Geoff....Fab post mate. Agree with most of it.

The problem people have though is those who turn up for the odd big games but won't bother coming down for the smaller ones - WHATS THE DIFFERENCE? You, for example, have picked the away games that are attractive. Why not Blackpool, S****horpe and Colchester away? See why people may be a bit disgruntled.

P.S. I also live in Cardiff but am English born and bred. Its because my girlfriends welsh that I live in Wales. However, I would make damn sure that if we were ever to have kids I would drive her 40 miles down the M4 to Bristol first before she gave birth :englandsmile4wf: Sorry mate, didn't mind the Welsh and used to want them to do well when they played, but having talked to many of them and heard there views on the English, there absolute hatred of England is ridiculous! :englandflag:

SHOULD HAVE BUILT A WALL NOT A BRIDGE!

Need to find better friends - but then again if you havent got kids then you're probably socializing down the pub and it's rough in a pub scenario when england are playing wales. Having got friends I known for 20+ years there certainly isnt the bigotry that you have expereinced - but then again I learnt a long time ago not to go to the pub and be pro english in a welsh pub :laugh: . A friend of mine who was a welsh rugby international supports england in the finals of the world cup and euro championship.

As to my choices of away matches - I could spend £30 plus travelling expenses on myself to watch City at Ashton Gate or alternatively I can spend £30 plus travelling expenses to watch City away for a couple of hours and then meet up with the family after they have gone shopping in the local area. Why not S****horpe,Blackpool or Colchester? They are all over 4 hours drive away from my house whereas WBA Wolves and Southampton are all grounds that I havent been to and are less than 3 hours drive away - also have you seen the shops in Blackpool S****horpe or Collchester - not something that I would imagine are any better than any other small town places.

Thanks excellent reply to my original post and I also add that prior to me settling down with a married life (when I was single)I used to watch city home and away and I was even at newport county when it was supposed to citys last game ever but I wouldnt swap my life as it is now for anything so I being a part timer will have to do for now but you can gaurentee me down when I can to watch the one and only team in bristol

CHEERS M

CITY TILL I DIE

i live in aldershot I'm in the army and i manage one game a month and couldnt give a t*ss if people are that small minded to call me a part timer i have probably been to more games than most in the last 24 years anyway between 1985 and 1997 when i joined the army i went to every home/away and cup game

i live in aldershot I'm in the army and i manage one game a month and couldnt give a t*ss if people are that small minded to call me a part timer i have probably been to more games than most in the last 24 years anyway between 1985 and 1997 when i joined the army i went to every home/away and cup game

sorry meant to here here :10_1_108:

Need to find better friends - but then again if you havent got kids then you're probably socializing down the pub and it's rough in a pub scenario when england are playing wales. Having got friends I known for 20+ years there certainly isnt the bigotry that you have expereinced - but then again I learnt a long time ago not to go to the pub and be pro english in a welsh pub :laugh: . A friend of mine who was a welsh rugby international supports england in the finals of the world cup and euro championship.

As to my choices of away matches - I could spend £30 plus travelling expenses on myself to watch City at Ashton Gate or alternatively I can spend £30 plus travelling expenses to watch City away for a couple of hours and then meet up with the family after they have gone shopping in the local area. Why not S****horpe,Blackpool or Colchester? They are all over 4 hours drive away from my house whereas WBA Wolves and Southampton are all grounds that I havent been to and are less than 3 hours drive away - also have you seen the shops in Blackpool S****horpe or Collchester - not something that I would imagine are any better than any other small town places.

Where did I say i heard it in Pubs? Most of the places I hear it are actually from upstanding members of the welsh public, older men/women and my girlfriends close family - not the rough down the pub. It seems to be built into the welsh mentality that you must hate the English at all costs! Suppose I shouldn't tar all 2 million+ of the welsh population with the same brush though.

Understand your point on the away games, and reminds me how long its going to take me to get to Preston, but you must see how it can be perceived that you "pick and choose" only the bigger games to suit your fancy. FAIR PLAY to you though.

It will only get more expensive when we reach the Premier League! It is unfair for people to be called "part-timers" when they can't attend because of financial situation. The club, however, should reward loyalty when the big games come along and their aren't enough seats for the demand. The people that have supported City through bad times should get priority in the good. Football is no longer a cheap entertainment and the club are lucky to have so many season-ticket holders who can afford to pay for matches months in advance.

Great post, shouldn't worry about it too much, you only can do what you can afford, don't let them get to you! i'm over 40 so according to some people i'm an 'old timer,' water off a ducks back!

Well said that man from another 40 plus man; Got to admit watching City is dropping down my priority list; used to watch every home and most away back in late 60`s early 70`s now other things like holidays, seeing the world, and quite a lot more are leaving spending £50 odd quid watching my team play far behind; more so if I cant even choose what stand to sit in. :disapointed2se:

Archived