IGNORED

Fed Up With Being Called A Part Timer

bcfcmike6969

I think people also have to realise that the past 10 or so years, we have been in a very poor league. The majority of this clubs exsistence, we have been in a poor league. So the fans who turned up at the Millenium Stadium ARE Bristol City fans, BUT because they never got hooked to watching shit games against shit teams every saturday, week in week out, they have may have found another hobby which they find more enjoyable. It takes a lot to break a life long hobby, or routine and as long as City keep climbing the leagues, then that's the only way the people who have these set routines for a saturday afternoon will change them and go to see city.

The price issue is a huge reason too. £26 a seat?! is it really worth that much? I don't think so. Which is why I play football instead of watch it. Only if they played in the prem would I consider changing my weekly routine. Sorry guys, but only weekday games it is for me.

If United got relegated down the leagues, I bet they would still reach 35,000 atleast every game in the 4th tier. Much like Man City did several years ago. Leeds, prime example, still getting big crowds, because thier fans have been hooked on big games from years and years of top flight footy and feel it neccesary to keep on supporting them. That is thier routine.

We have only had 3 or 4 years of top league football for fans to get hooked on.

Archived