IGNORED

Just Had E-mail From Club Ref.

Never to the dark side

• SC&T Board Members
Am I reading that right,tickets are no longer available at Ashton gate to purchase, so if you want to go to the game then you pay on the day at full price, regardless of circumstances ie. student oap?

Yes, that's right. A battle has been won, but not the war.

BCFC is also, I believe, being misled by PNE.

In the OS statement it indicates that Preston members are unable to buy at the reduced prices on match days. This is not what it says on the PNE OS, where it shows quite clearly the members and non-members prices on the left and right of one single column headed 'Matchday prices'.

First though, credit to BCFC for taking this issue up with PNE. They didn't have to and (supported by the pressure exerted by NTTDS and others) they clearly achieved a result. But we're not all the way yet.

- Why have advance sales been stopped?

- Why not continue advance sales at £21?

- Why is the £21 price not available on the turnstiles?

- How much are concessionary ticket holders going to be reimbursed? The PNE student price is £14. City student supporters have had to pay £25. Will they get £11 back? If not, why not?

Keep the pressure up! Don't let them rip you off!

• SC&T Board Members
Correct.

They have stopped selling advance tickets at the new price of £21 and now we have to pay on the turnstiles at £25.

Earlier today I was advised on the phone when ordering tickets to POTD - I now find that it's going to cost me £10 extra to do that as it now stands.

If someone can provide a direct email address for PNE, I suggest we bombard them with complaints and get the POTD to £21.

The address I initially used today is the one given at the foot of their customer charter (amended this afternoon to exclude any reference to concessions for visiting students), which is enquiries@pne.com My response then came from Ben Rhodes, General Manager.

If e-mailing PNE, you may wish to copy your mail to fl@football-league.co.uk marked for the attention of Patricia Brown, the Football League's principal customer services contact.

Correct.

They have stopped selling advance tickets at the new price of £21 and now we have to pay on the turnstiles at £25.

Earlier today I was advised on the phone when ordering tickets to POTD - I now find that it's going to cost me £10 extra to do that as it now stands.

If someone can provide a direct email address for PNE, I suggest we bombard them with complaints and get the POTD to £21.

ticketoffice@pne.com is the address that I contacted (and received a reply from) earlier in the week.

Thanks to Blagdon and RedTucks - I've pinged an email to all three and will await their response.

We'll be going but they can stuff any additional purchases while we are there.

Well done mate.

I've just e-mailed Preston again (with a copy to the Football League) with the following:

FAO: Ben Rhodes

Dear Sir,

After contacting your ticket office and the Football League over the past

week, it has become clear that your ticket pricing structure for the game

against Bristol City on 29th September is full of anomalies.

I understand that following discussions with the Football League, the

pricing structure resulting from a "membership" scheme for home supporters,

which is not available for away supporters was, "not considered to be within

the spirit of the (Football League) regulations".

As a result, advanced purchasers of tickets sold at £25 in Bristol have been

granted a £4 refund and no further tickets are being sold in advance to

Bristol City fans.

This means that any further supporters wishing to watch the match are now

required to pay £25 on the day to gain admission.

It has also become apparent that any students from Bristol who purchased

tickets were also charged £25 in advance and, whilst they can enjoy a £4

refund, they will still end up paying £6 more than students from Preston who

can gain admission for £14 (+£1). This again is surely not within the spirit

of the Football League Regulations.

In view of this situation which in my view is a shambles, I hope you will

admit the anomalies within your pricing structure and, if you are no longer

prepared to allow advanced purchases, I call on you to charge all Bristol

City fans on Saturday the equivalent relevant "Matchday Price", as shown on

your official website, and enjoyed by Preston "members" + £1, together with

equivalent refunds for all those who purchased in advance.

Thanking you in anticipation of a prompt response.

I suggest as many fans as possible do the same.

If it makes it easier for you, I am happy for you to either copy and paste, or amend my wording.

Send to enquiries@pne.com and copy it to pbrown@football-league.co.uk

Let's pressure them into action that will benefit the supporters of BCFC!

Just had this back - fair play to them, they are very good at answering email ;

Sorry, yes, that was what my email was supposed to explain. PNE fans cannot

purchase a membership card on matchday once the turnstiles are open, so those

who are non members pay the full £25 or equivalent depending on the stand, so,

yes PNE fans and Bristol City fans are paying exactly the same.

Hope this clears things up.

Regards,

Ben Rhodes

General Manager PNEFC

Still missed the point !

No, it doesn't clear anything up!

We still can't get the same price as them by buying in advance.

• SC&T Board Members
I have e-mailed PNE on Thursday and supplied a moble phone number.

Basicly asking to have the 21 pound tickets sold on the day at the turnstiles

Don't think you'll win that one, guys. As he says above, the matchday price is the same for PNE non-members and once the turnstiles open they can't become members. So, although the price difference is bigger than at City, the principle of having an advance and a matchday price is the same.

I would concentrate on why our fans are now being denied access to tickets at advance prices, i.e. why they cannot be bought today and tomorrow at £21. I would also pursue how they are going to compensate students who have been 'overcharged' by £11 (if we let this one lie, they are likely to quietly forget about it).

Keep at them ... they must be hating us, but it serves them right!

Don't think you'll win that one, guys. As he says above, the matchday price is the same for PNE non-members and once the turnstiles open they can't become members. So, although the price difference is bigger than at City, the principle of having an advance and a matchday price is the same.

I would concentrate on why our fans are now being denied access to tickets at advance prices, i.e. why they cannot be bought today and tomorrow at £21. I would also pursue how they are going to compensate students who have been 'overcharged' by £11 (if we let this one lie, they are likely to quietly forget about it).

Keep at them ... they must be hating us, but it serves them right!

Official BCFC site now states that tickets can be bought in advance for £21!

Talk about "the pot calling the kettle black"!!

Do BCFC not do EXACTLY the same to away fans and extract the urine at the same time. £23 for a visiting fans, but home fans only pay £16.30 as they MUST buy a season ticket for that stand. That's unless you are under 16. With this group of people it's £13 for an away fan, but a 15 year old home supporter must purchase an under 21 season ticket. O.k. the price is still good for a 15 year old City fan at just over £8 per game. If you are a 17 year old away fan, you pay £23, where as a 17 year old home fan pays £8. Where is the comparative pricing for comparative accommodation there?

• SC&T Board Members

Just to round this off - re student prices, anyway.

Have just spoken to Patricia Brown at the Football League. She is now satisfied that PNE are not breaking their rules on student pricing because (she has been told) students supporters of Preston can only sign up for membership PRIOR to the season starting and have to provide ID and two photos.

As no PNE student supporter who has not done this could have bought a ticket this week or on the day for any price different to what we are now being charged for adults, they are in the clear.

However, if, in fact, it IS still possible to join the PNE membership scheme as a student, then someone has been telling fibs ....

Perhaps one of our student fans oop north would like to try.

Just to round this off - re student prices, anyway.

Have just spoken to Patricia Brown at the Football League. She is now satisfied that PNE are not breaking their rules on student pricing because (she has been told) students supporters of Preston can only sign up for membership PRIOR to the season starting and have to provide ID and two photos.

As no PNE student supporter who has not done this could have bought a ticket this week or on the day for any price different to what we are now being charged for adults, they are in the clear.

However, if, in fact, it IS still possible to join the PNE membership scheme as a student, then someone has been telling fibs ....

Perhaps one of our student fans oop north would like to try.

maybe worth investigating

Talk about "the pot calling the kettle black"!!

Do BCFC not do EXACTLY the same to away fans and extract the urine at the same time. £23 for a visiting fans, but home fans only pay £16.30 as they MUST buy a season ticket for that stand. That's unless you are under 16. With this group of people it's £13 for an away fan, but a 15 year old home supporter must purchase an under 21 season ticket. O.k. the price is still good for a 15 year old City fan at just over £8 per game. If you are a 17 year old away fan, you pay £23, where as a 17 year old home fan pays £8. Where is the comparative pricing for comparative accommodation there?

It's not the same situation at all.

You cannot compare the price paid by a season ticket holder in the Wedlock Stand with that paid for 1 match by an away fan in the same stand.

A season ticket holder is paying for a whole season, the away fan is paying for one game.

At Preston, a home fan wanting to go to only one game could pay £1 for "membership" and then get a £25 ticket for the Bill Shankley Kop for £20.

Total cost £21.

"Membership" was not available to away fans, so an away fan had to pay £25 for a ticket in the same stand.

It's not the same situation at all.

You cannot compare the price paid by a season ticket holder in the Wedlock Stand with that paid for 1 match by an away fan in the same stand.

A season ticket holder is paying for a whole season, the away fan is paying for one game.

At Preston, a home fan wanting to go to only one game could pay £1 for "membership" and then get a £25 ticket for the Bill Shankley Kop for £20.

Total cost £21.

"Membership" was not available to away fans, so an away fan had to pay £25 for a ticket in the same stand.

O.k Look at it this way. An away fan goes into the Wedlock stand for 1 game for £23. A City Fan wishing to go for that same game only must pay £375. Is it a private members club? Tickets are not available on similar terms, at comparative prices.

Sorry, but you really should look at the ticket pages for both sites.

Maybe then you'll understand what this is all about.

The football league have forced PNE to back down as they are not following regulations and that says it all.

Pretty much sums up the attitude of this club. We don't want to be shafted, yet it's o.k. to shaft others. If you were a 17 year old coming to the Gate, would you be happy that you were paying £23 for the same as a City fan gets for £8? Look further into it. Look at the prices that Sheff.Utd. fans will be paying and perhaps you'll understand what I am getting at. I'm not bitching about the PNE situation. I'm saying that ALL clubs should not be allowed to rip off ANY fans.

Archived