IGNORED

Crewe Chasing Jevons.....

Dolman Block B

GJ said we have already 5 players out on loan, and he doesn't see anyone else going for the time being.

Don't be surprised if Jevons does go on loan to Crewe - but with an instant recall option.Jevons needs games and he won't get match fit playing reserve team football at City.

He is way down the pecking order at City behind Trundle,Byfield,Enoch, Murray and Sproule all of whom have started ahead of him this season.

Going out on loan would be a good option for Jevons and the club. Jevons gets first team games, he is temporay off the City wage bill and if he starts scoring regularly at Crewe - City reap the benefits when he comes back.

Don't be surprised if Jevons does go on loan to Crewe - but with an instant recall option.Jevons needs games and he won't get match fit playing reserve team football at City.

He is way down the pecking order at City behind Trundle,Byfield,Enoch, Murray and Sproule all of whom have started ahead of him this season.

Going out on loan would be a good option for Jevons and the club. Jevons gets first team games, he is temporay off the City wage bill and if he starts scoring regularly at Crewe - City reap the benefits when he comes back.

Says just on local radio this mornings Western Daily Press that Gary J has told Crewe to go and "swivle"

Actually its swivel, a link between two parts, in this case City and Crewe. The link is Jevo.

One part being able to operate or revolve without the other.

Now Jevo could link City to Crewe and operate for Crewe without City..........Now thats a cockney football swivel.

http://www.crewealexandra-mad.co.uk/news/l...W&id=355244

Looks like Jevo is staying put and now Crewe are after Betsy :whistle2:

P.S. Looks like he won't be needing a lift Haster, BAD TIMES; But it's good news for all the slaters of Betsy, GOOD TIMES

I hope Jevo stays and I would put him before Enoch IMO

P.S. Looks like he won't be needing a lift Haster, BAD TIMES; But it's good news for all the slaters of Betsy, GOOD TIMES

Shame booked a days holiday off work to give him a lift will have to cancel that later.

Me too, and there must be more to Betsy than we've seen so far so a month away to find his form sounds a good idea. :yes:

Not withstanding te relative merits/meanings of the word, "swivel" :disapointed2se:

Come January, I reckon:

• Russell
  • Jevons
  • Betsy

will all leave and if we can get £350-400k for all three, super.

It looks like Keogh might join them on a deal (£100-200k) with a large sell on/promotion/apparance etc clause, as he doesn't look like signing the contract City have offered, which is a shame.

That will gve GJ some additional funds to add to those that SL allows :innocent06: if we're there or there abouts (or in trouble!) to strengthen the squad and by then we'll know exactly which positions need improving.

Loans are essential for a number of reasons:

1.Not enough Resv Football.

2.What there is, the quality sucks, in the main.

3.Only way to get the players match fit.

4.Keeps the players interested as well.

5.Saves on all or some of their wages.

The only downside is that they might get a knock or even a bad injury at which point they'll be off loan and back here!

Still, you can't have it all.

Not withstanding te relative merits/meanings of the word, "swivel" :disapointed2se:

Come January, I reckon:

• Russell
  • Jevons
  • Betsy

It looks like Keogh might join them on a deal (£100-200k) with a large sell on/promotion/apparance etc clause, as he doesn't look like signing the contract City have offered, which is a shame.

That will gve GJ some additional funds to add to those that SL allows :innocent06: if we're there or there abouts (or in trouble!) to strengthen the squad and by then we'll know exactly which positions need improving.

The only downside is that they might get a knock or even a bad injury at which point they'll be off loan and back here!

400k for them three? I would bite their arm off and swallow it whole!

Russell - release on a free - mutual consent

Betsy - 50k

Jevons - 50k

Keogh could be gone, but I reckon 40k with a huge sell on attached...

Thats it I'm afraid.

It's something I would have told a saghead to do if he would have asked me to drive him and his mates to Wembley for the playoff final !!!!!

:disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

We (Cheltenham) are being heavilly linked with both players, John Ward was saying he would like them both but faces competition from other clubs. We want them on loan with a permanent deal being finalised in January.

Come January, I reckon:

• Russell
  • Jevons
  • Betsy

I'd like to see Jevons stay. He was top scorer last season and is always worth a few goals when ccoming on from the bench.

Archived