IGNORED

Segregation

Midge

The answer's very simple.

The club, CS in particular would rather have the ground below capacity and therefore easier to manage.They are terrified of the police, The HSE, Local Council and, I think, mice and other small rodents.

Not being football fans, they've never seen the incidents that marred the 70' & 80's and simply don't know the difference between boisterous and hooligan behavior.

I smile when I read about how it's an "English disease" when you look at documentaries like the Real Football Factories, see guns commonly used around matches in Brazil, a man kicked to death in front of his 12 year old son in Urguay, Fixtures played behind closed doors in Italy and whole programmes of fixtures suspended after a policeman is killed with a petrol bomb.Then you see that 66 men have been arrested in Rome this week.

I'll promise you this:

• You won't see safe standing at AG under the current regime.
  • You won't see any meaningful reduction in segregation anytime soon.
  • The new EE, if built, will hold about 5,500 fans allowing for segregation and I still reckon the away supporters will be in there.

I did say "in the main" for the Premiership, and I wasn't talking about our division though the two you mention are hardly a good advocate for keeping things as they are.

Are you saying that at the Premiership clubs you mention viociferous opposing fans are within a few yards of each other and, with no restrictions, allowed to "mob up" either side of the small divide as they wish and there is no trouble at all?

That's hard to believe - out of the club's you mention Newcastle v. Sunderland would be a certain recipe for bedlam, West Ham v. Newcastle has got history, let alone the near certainty of carnage under those circumstances when Chelsea or Spurs are at West Ham.

Plymouth recently showed exactly how it should be done for a high risk game. Two large nets adjacent to fans then sterile area in between.

Its not hard to believe at all as depending on game you change stratergy with levels of policing. Newcastle and Sunderland fans are within metres of each other derby day and its the same for Boro who really used to have reputation.

City have more segregation than most and fail to use what is at their disposal properly if what those occupying the East End say it true.

Mobbing up at City! Not sure at about the terminology maybe its just supporting the club in manner others do not understand [club]. The fifty foot gap is still there, net it, small fence maybe, use stewards and when necessary police.

I'll promise you this:
  • You won't see safe standing at AG under the current regime.
  • You won't see any meaningful reduction in segregation anytime soon.
  • The new EE, if built, will hold about 5,500 fans allowing for segregation and I still reckon the away supporters will be in there.

Agree on the first two points but the third! The new East End will house home fans but at an inceased price as -

1. Exectutive boxes will harder to sell if surrounded by away fans.
  2. The new East End will be the main entrance to the stadium and the club will hardly want a very large police prescence e'g Cardiff in that area.
  3. Its too good an opportunity not to put prices up as fans will be able to access all those new facilities which come at a real price. Leave fan in the Atyeo its alesser price, new facilities = Dolman price and more for the best sets in the centre which will be able to use the debenture lounge.

This is Sexstone biggest baby yet and he is going to have to make it pay and that means the prices are going up still further.

That's simply not true.

I've watched football in South America, Spain, Italy and Germany and in all cases the fans were segregated and in several of those games if they hadn't been there would have been a riot.

Segregation does seem unique to football though.

You can't have old bill "subduing" people in the UK. Inevitably someone not involved will get a truncheon in the head and sue.

Segregation is necessary until the scumbags have been bred out, unfortunately it doesn't look like happening soon.

That simply is true, I talk sport and you talk football/soccer. Please don't be selective after I have mentioned other sports.

You agree that segregation is unique to football, exactly the point that I was trying to make.

for what ever reason it is, a minority of football fans of seem totally unable to control their behaviour when they are at matches, yet fans of other sports have no problem what so ever, it's a strange one,

problem is, our little bunch of idiots seem to be worse than at some other clubs, every game since it's been open this season there has been something looking like it is going to kick off in that stand, unfortunalty the few ruin it for the many

for what ever reason it is, a minority of football fans of seem totally unable to control their behaviour when they are at matches, yet fans of other sports have no problem what so ever, it's a strange one,

problem is, our little bunch of idiots seem to be worse than at some other clubs, every game since it's been open this season there has been something looking like it is going to kick off in that stand, unfortunalty the few ruin it for the many

Point being why should a tiny minority be allowed to ruin it for many others (they win then) who have spent many,many peacefull hours in that stand; It is totally wrong that innocents should have to pay the price for this clubs inability to segregate fans and throw out trouble makers. :disapointed2se:

Agree on the first two points but the third! The new East End will house home fans but at an inceased price as -
  1. Exectutive boxes will harder to sell if surrounded by away fans.
  2. The new East End will be the main entrance to the stadium and the club will hardly want a very large police prescence e'g Cardiff in that area.
  3. Its too good an opportunity not to put prices up as fans will be able to access all those new facilities which come at a real price. Leave fan in the Atyeo its alesser price, new facilities = Dolman price and more for the best sets in the centre which will be able to use the debenture lounge.
This is Sexstone biggest baby yet and he is going to have to make it pay and that means the prices are going up still further.

One one hand I understand where you're coming from, but whatever we build the EE will still be behind the goal and that area will traditionally be the cheapest seats.

I can't think of to many grounds where the away fans aren't behind a goal so will they go to the Atyeo and will the corporate boxes be in the remodelled Williams?

Be nice to see some plans and an outline of the project, design & timescale.

If it's single tier and 5,500, I can't see how the £7/8m stacks up when we can get 4,500 in their now.

One one hand I understand where you're coming from, but whatever we build the EE will still be behind the goal and that area will traditionally be the cheapest seats.

I can't think of to many grounds where the away fans aren't behind a goal so will they go to the Atyeo and will the corporate boxes be in the remodelled Williams?

Be nice to see some plans and an outline of the project, design & timescale.

If it's single tier and 5,500, I can't see how the £7/8m stacks up when we can get 4,500 in their now.

The away fan swill be behind the goal as i think the club have let out enough information to glimpse what is happening.

I don't think tradition will have anything to do with it as the boxes will be behind the goal along with improved facilities. Sexstone increased prices previously on the basis of superior views. The opportunity will not be missed to wringe every last penny out of this stand so i reckon we will see a range of prices all above the Atyeo and if its seat with acess to the debenture lounge the price will be above the Dolman.

There will be boxes in the Williams eventually and to me that is where they should go but the premier club has scupperd that and as of yet City are still waiting for it to bear the promised profits. Well i have not heard anything different.

The £7/8m is mostly for the facilities not the 5,500 seats and i would like to see it but then again maybe i won't.

Or City are not that proficent at controlling relatively small crowds with even a huge area of segregation?

Archived