IGNORED

Segregation

Midge

I notice at many Premiership grounds Home/away fans are seperated by either a fence or a very small gap.

How is it that they can have crowds of 70000 and no trouble and yet ourselves with less than 15-000 generally are seperated by a huge gap.

All we have to do is increase the stewarding and police at the East end and then we can open it up fully.

I believe our supporters should have the right to go where they please.

If the club are worried about incidents well there will always be hostile crowds at every game,after all that's what creates atmosphere. When Liverpool and Man United play they are 2-3 seats apart and yet there is rarely any trouble between those two sets of fans and they hate each other more than any other team.

BTW to any Man U fan who reads this

MAN UTD 0 COVENTRY 2

I notice at many Premiership grounds Home/away fans are seperated by either a fence or a very small gap.

How is it that they can have crowds of 70000 and no trouble and yet ourselves with less than 15-000 generally are seperated by a huge gap.

All we have to do is increase the stewarding and police at the East end and then we can open it up fully.

I believe our supporters should have the right to go where they please.

If the club are worried about incidents well there will always be hostile crowds at every game,after all that's what creates atmosphere. When Liverpool and Man United play they are 2-3 seats apart and yet there is rarely any trouble between those two sets of fans and they hate each other more than any other team.

BTW to any Man U fan who reads this

MAN UTD 0 COVENTRY 2

You do make a good point. I was watching the Reading-Liverpool game on Tuesday and thought the same. Liverpool fans did have the whole stand but that white fence type thing is the segregation. Could be an idea for the new east end?

ALSO, for any Man United fans...

HULL CITY 0-4 CHELSEA!!!

You do make a good point. I was watching the Reading-Liverpool game on Tuesday and thought the same. Liverpool fans did have the whole stand but that white fence type thing is the segregation. Could be an idea for the new east end?

ALSO, for any Man United fans...

HULL CITY 0-4 CHELSEA!!!

The new East End will be the home end.

As for segregation I do not believe City has more Uncontrollable berks than Man U, Cardiff or West Ham. I just think City are very poor at Stadium management.

Crowds around the world are not seperated at all, without any problems.Look at the Ashes in Australia, no seperation enforced, beer on sale all day, no problems, ditto the American football and many Europeon countries.

Its down to a few areas in England, and even then down to a small minority. That minority are pussies, cant fight without 20 or more behind them, and in any case they can be subdued if crowd control is serious.

Segregation is a BS issue and we should be allowed to sit where we want to sit.........I DO and I'me in my 60's.

A) Mikel should never have been sent off! Joe Cole should have

B) The referee shouldve blown for half time when the ball was first cleared! the danger had never passed if it was a half decent clearance maybe

C) It was a brilliant dive by Saha Or just a poor timed tackle, you cant get away with mis timing tackles anymore the player is almost certain to go down if a poorly timed challenge is made on him in the penalty box

To be honest its six of one half a dozen of another.

too many ifs and buts.

Even so who cares and why is this being discussed on the City forum?

Isnt this a bristol city forum? And a topic about segregation?

Not how great man u are for beating chelsea and all that crap

A) Mikel should never have been sent off!

I don't care, nothing to do with city.

B) The referee shouldve blown for half time when the ball was first cleared!

Again nothing to do with city

C) It was a brilliant dive by Saha

It was a good dive but still nothing to do with city

Crowds around the world are not seperated at all, without any problems.Look at the Ashes in Australia, no seperation enforced, beer on sale all day, no problems, ditto the American football and many Europeon countries.

Its down to a few areas in England, and even then down to a small minority.

That's simply not true.

I've watched football in South America, Spain, Italy and Germany and in all cases the fans were segregated and in several of those games if they hadn't been there would have been a riot.

Segregation does seem unique to football though.

That minority are pussies, cant fight without 20 or more behind them, and in any case they can be subdued if crowd control is serious.

Segregation is a BS issue and we should be allowed to sit where we want to sit.........I DO and I'me in my 60's.

You can't have old bill "subduing" people in the UK. Inevitably someone not involved will get a truncheon in the head and sue.

Segregation is necessary until the scumbags have been bred out, unfortunately it doesn't look like happening soon.

Isnt this a bristol city forum? And a topic about segregation?

Not how great man u are for beating chelsea and all that crap

Sorry!

It was how the thread developed, and I just couldn't resist it.

(I actually can't stand either of them.)

I consider my wrists to have been slapped!!!

A) Mikel should never have been sent off!

B) The referee shouldve blown for half time when the ball was first cleared!

C) It was a brilliant dive by Saha

Agree on all points.

Saha did dive. Contact by itself is not a foul, you have to actually impede the player for there to be a foul and he wasn't impeded he just threw himself on the floor. Cheating scummer.

Agree on all points.

Saha did dive. Contact by itself is not a foul, you have to actually impede the player for there to be a foul and he wasn't impeded he just threw himself on the floor. Cheating scummer.

But still, to not have a shot on target for a whole game, you don't deserve to win!

But still, to not have a shot on target for a whole game, you don't deserve to win!

Draw would have been the right result for the game and it's only because the ref handed it to Man U that they won. If I was a Man U fan I wouldn't brag about that result. And I'd kill myself.

Man Utd vs Chelsea

9 Shots on Target 0

8 Shots off Target 3

5 Blocked Shots 1

10 Corners 1

87.4 Passing Success 83.5

83.3 Tackles Success 80

54.1 Possession 45.9

Irrelevant. Chelsea were away and down to 10 men. Away sides often need to defend through the first half and then hit on the break in the second when the game gets edgy.

The ref handed the game to ManUre and that's from an impartial observer who despises both of those clubs with equal measures of hatred.

Now go and stand in the corner and be ashamed of yourself.

Irrelevant. Chelsea were away and down to 10 men. Away sides often need to defend through the first half and then hit on the break in the second when the game gets edgy.

The ref handed the game to ManUre and that's from an impartial observer who despises both of those clubs with equal measures of hatred.

Now go and stand in the corner and be ashamed of yourself.

You Sir should be standing in the corner! Whilst Chelski are worthy recipients of a hefty dose of contempt, you should not be putting them on a pedestal with ManUre when it comes to hatred. ManUre deserve more repugnance any other team. FACT.

Now go to the back of the class.

The difference in the Premiership is the seats next to the away fans are taken in the main by ST Holders, so the same people in the same seats each week, a mixture of ordinary fans and NOT the home club's "mob" or even most vociferous fans.

The away fans have to sit in designated numbered seats (and are mostly season ticket holders anyway) so there is no opportunity for their most vociferous fans to congregate right next to the home fans either.

No banter, gesturing and very little atmosphere but no trouble in the ground either. How often do you hear opposing fans chanting at each other in the Premiership?

The big difference at City is the opposite happens, the most vocal fans are trying to create an atmosphere right next to the away fans - if City fans had to sit in a particular numbered seat each match and the vocal fans were therefore split up away from the partition then the atmosphere would be reduced but so would the potential for trouble and City could put many more home fans in there.

If you want much smaller sterile areas, the answer, unfortunately for the present EastEnders, would be to follow the Premiership's lead and make fans sit in their particular numbered seat - like in the other stands at AG- and do the same with the away fans so their vocal fans can't bunch up by the netting either. Make a point of not selling tickets to groups of young men anywhere near the fence and don't discourage families through age restrictions and pricing - two lots of families either side of the partition are more likely to share their sandwiches than try to assault each other. :innocent06:

Unfortunately for those who want the East End to be hostile like the old days the only way for 2 sets of fans to be close to each other is if the hotheads amongst them are still kept widely apart by being diluted to such an extent that they are hugely outnumbered by those who have no real animosity to those on the other side.

Of course in the Premiership sky high prices dictate there's also a dearth of fans under the age of 25 anyway so that must make a difference.

tying the two themes on here - Man U vs Chelsea and segregation. I was AT Old Trafford on sunday for that game.

a. entering and exiting the game both sets of fans mingling together (and thats 75000 fans by the way)

b. I didn't see a single incident, not even a huge number of police but you knew they were there and to be honest the scale of that many fans in one place doesnt give much room for a scuff.

c. I sat about 40 yards from chelsea away end (I was in with the prawn sandwich munchers, about 3 rows back from Abramovich)

d. My 2 tickets cost £110 - these were face value season ticket prices borrowed from my next door neighbour who couldn't make it (I know, I know...I have a mission to turn him to his local side)

The chelsea fans (about 8000 I would say) were segregated away from Man U fans, first by a big fence then a few columns of seats then some stewards. Plenty of raucous singing - "Jose Morin-ho" for about 25 mins, and a lot of "Sign on Morinho" from the Man U fans in retort. Then a hug e amount of "Stand up - if you're champions". But the match was good to watch and no i didnt think Mikel should have gone, but Cole defo as was penalty - and the ref was crap.

Overall lots of posturing but no incidents at all that I saw. Someone threw a coke can towards a player, but I think it was a Man U towards Joe Cole.

Unlike East End where fans are able to run on the perimeter track around the pitch or slightly inside the ad boards, it didnt seem possible to do that at all at Old Trafford as there just wasnt a route available. I did see a bunch of stewards come in and remove a chelsea fan half way through the first half and it did seem they (stewards) were focussed on chelsea fans and not man u fans. My impression is its the other way around for the East End?

Just my 5 pence worth.

Cant believe we have a topic about removing segregation and replacing with more Police and better stewarding on the same forum that wants the ticket price cheaper - do you think all the extra things cost zilch!

Use the police that are "already" paid for the policed matches v QPR, Stoke, Cardiff, Plymouth, Sheff U, Southampton, Wolves, ........ and v Blackpool net the entire fifty feet plus of segregation more v S****horpe and the Stewards. There is no extra cost!

The difference in the Premiership is the seats next to the away fans are taken in the main by ST Holders, so the same people in the same seats each week, a mixture of ordinary fans and NOT the home club's "mob" or even most vociferous fans.

So thats the premiership sorted out except Newcastle, West Ham, Bolton, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Sunderland who do not do that and down in the championship Cardiff, Plymouth and more than a few others who also don't.

speaking of segregation in the premiership, anyone else think it is really weird what they do at fulham?

everytime they play at home, the goal to the right (when watching it on tv) is shared by both home and away fans. no segregation what so ever!

like rubgy fans, all in the same stand! look out for it next time you watch match of the day. i cannot understand it.

i would hate to have a fan literally sat next to me going crazy after they scored. but whats even stranger is that there never seems to be an trouble or agro between fans?...

I know that when there's a merseyside derby, Everton fans sit in the Kop and Liverpool fans sit in the Gladys Street End, both wering their colours openly.

So thats the premiership sorted out except Newcastle, West Ham, Bolton, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Sunderland who do not do that and down in the championship Cardiff, Plymouth and more than a few others who also don't.

I did say "in the main" for the Premiership, and I wasn't talking about our division though the two you mention are hardly a good advocate for keeping things as they are.

Are you saying that at the Premiership clubs you mention viociferous opposing fans are within a few yards of each other and, with no restrictions, allowed to "mob up" either side of the small divide as they wish and there is no trouble at all?

That's hard to believe - out of the club's you mention Newcastle v. Sunderland would be a certain recipe for bedlam, West Ham v. Newcastle has got history, let alone the near certainty of carnage under those circumstances when Chelsea or Spurs are at West Ham.

Archived