IGNORED

Ntds... ££££'s ?

WhistleHappy

Just an idea,

I hope this doesnt embarrass NTDS in any way...

I think NTDS has done a great job this week with his campaigning over the PRESTONGATE AFFAIR.. I know others have done their bit too but I'm sure everyone will agree NTDS has been the prime mover in this & it is largely due to his efforts that City fans will have collectively saved possibly upwards of TWO & a HALF GRAND this week.

Hows about everyone who have benefited from his efforts contributing a percentage of their ticket price savings (say a quid or so each) to a charity of NTDS's choice? ... (maybe The Wurzels prostate cancer charity fund would be a fitting choice - if NTDS agrees?)

This could raise around a Thousand Pounds for a good cause -with no-one being out of pocket (except possibly money grabbing PNE!)

Maybe it could turn into a season long football supporters charity fund-raiser if all away fans from all teams who visit PNE & benefit from this could be made aware of the savings (& how they came about) and encouraged to chip in with a quid to NTDS's charity choice?... (perhaps a thread to this end could be started on all CCChampionship clubs forums?

Its a great opportunity for something REALLY MEANINGFUL to be achieved out of all this - a real possibility to raise TENS OF THOUSANDS OF ££££'s -with every quid having been reclaimed, by the fans - for the fans, from the grasping hands of the greedy profiteering professional football business!!!

Whatever happens, - NTDS - you are star this week! (I even heard you raising the issue on Radio Bristol the other day -well done mate!!)

It makes me feel very humble with all the kind comments that have been made this week

I would like to say there were other city fans who fired off just as many e-mails to PNE and the football league who had a part in geting the ticket prices down to 21 pounds

Ringing up Radio Bristol was done on the spur of the moment,I was actually in swansea bus station

heading for the Mumbles.When I thought, poo or bust.

I didn't know if I was going to get another phone call from Dave barrett on wednesday

It turns out he was on holiday for the last three days of the week

So maybe as many of you could e-mail Dave barrett and say a big thank you

BUT ONLY WHEN HE COMES BACK OFF HOLIDAY,I'll let you know when he returns

A request to as many of you a possible to e-mail the football league today(friday)

FAO Patricia brown fl@football-league.co.uk and say a thank you for all her efforts

over the last few days

I don't know how to organise getting all the four pounds to whistlehappys chosen

charity,So what if we say and the majority agree that the advanced ticket

sales of 751 tickets qhich equeals 3004 pounds

So if Bristol City were to write a cheque to the amount of 3004 pounds

to the prostate charity

As the money must be technically in the City shops bank account

They will be responsible for giving the money back

I think the City shop would prefer to write a cheque out for 3004 pounds

than handing out all those four pounds

I would prefer to see the cheque written out in the public domain,maybe at our Sky

live match against sheffield united on 6th october

I don't want the club to say,okay we'll give the money to the prostate charity "on your behalf"

Back to you lads(and lasses)

NTTDS has done a fantastic job with this and it just shows what fans can achieve by doing something proactive and persevering. Fans can make a difference.

Good idea this. On a practical note, wouldn't it be best to allow individuals enough time to claim their £4 if they want to and then ask he club to send any unclaimed money to the charity? Bit like the distribution of unclaimed lottery money but on a smaller scale

• SC&T Board Members
NTTDS has done a fantastic job with this and it just shows what fans can achieve by doing something proactive and persevering. Fans can make a difference.

Good idea this. On a practical note, wouldn't it be best to allow individuals enough time to claim their £4 if they want to and then ask he club to send any unclaimed money to the charity? Bit like the distribution of unclaimed lottery money but on a smaller scale

That's sounds like a very nice gesture. Clearly a relatively small group of fans (I know, it seems like everybody's on here - but they're not) can't make decisions on behalf of all of those entitled to a refund, so that sounds a good idea, i.e. let those that wish to reclaim their money do so and then have the club issue a cheque for the balance and have NTTDS hand it over to a representative of the chosen charity in front of Sky cameras on pitch!

Clearly it can only work with the club's support.

Stu, maybe you could ask CS if he's up for it?

i,m happy to donate my £4

:englandsmile4wf:

So pleased the 'Prestongate' Charity idea has been been well received by NTDS & the ever generous fans of Bristol City FC .... & with the additional publicity ideas being put forward by forum members (ntds presenting cheque on the pitch/sky tv etc) the knock on effects could result in an even greater benefit to a good cause.. :)

(if the prostate cancer charity was chosen for instance maybe The Wurzels could receive the final cheque from NTDS in front of a packed Ashton Gate & the media cameras while One For The Bristol City is playing over the tannoy system!)

Any ideas how to harness support/donations from the rest of the visiting Championship supporters to Preston this season who will also benefit from the ticket-price savings that NTDS & others connected to BCFC have brought about?... - be a shame if they remain unaware of the situation - & could collectively raise a handsome sum over the course of the season!

So pleased the 'Prestongate' Charity idea has been been well received by NTDS & the ever generous fans of Bristol City FC .... & with the additional publicity ideas being put forward by forum members (ntds presenting cheque on the pitch/sky tv etc) the knock on effects could result in an even greater benefit to a good cause.. :)

(if the prostate cancer charity was chosen for instance maybe The Wurzels could receive the final cheque from NTDS in front of a packed Ashton Gate & the media cameras while One For The Bristol City is playing over the tannoy system!)

Any ideas how to harness support/donations from the rest of the visiting Championship supporters to Preston this season who will also benefit from the ticket-price savings that NTDS & others connected to BCFC have brought about?... - be a shame if they remain unaware of the situation - & could collectively raise a handsome sum over the course of the season!

Edson has offered to give it some exposure on an independent web site that rival fans tend to use :shifty:

Great suggestion and comments by Whistlehappy.

I think Blagdons way forward is the cleanest way of doing it if it can be managed by the club.

And it would be a nice gesture if NTTDS were to present the cheque on behalf of supporters.

Totally agree with and endorse the above.

The club have confirmed to the Trust today, and via the Trust to NTTDS, that they will be happy to donate non-claimed refunds to the charity suggested.

Expect an announcement on the OS in the morning.

Thanks 'Blagdon red' - good news..

nice to see the ST & Club being proactive in this (although nothing on OS yet)

(have PM'd NTTDS with a few suggestions - might be both fun & beneficial to all concerned if it could be done)

• SC&T Board Members
Thanks 'Blagdon red' - good news..

nice to see the ST & Club being proactive in this (although nothing on OS yet)

(have PM'd NTTDS with a few suggestions - might be both fun & beneficial to all concerned if it could be done)

We've chased them again ... no idea why they're dragging their feet announcing it, it was said to have been all agreed internally on Wednesday.

• SC&T Board Members

Well done to NTTDS for raising the Preston pricing issue in the first place and to Whistlehappy for coming up with the charity idea!

Let's hope that lots of people sit on their hands and this initiative raises a four-figure sum for charity (last Thursday over 2 grand remained unclaimed).

Thanks ...hope it raises a tidy sum for a good cause,

Be nice if NTTDS(if he wishes) or a ST rep was able to present the final cheque on behalf of contributing fans to a representative of the Charity (or even a Wurzel) on the pitch at halftime while 'One For The Bristol City' plays over the tannoy.

How about a few volunteers (organised by ST maybe?) in each stand doing a bucket collection too? - could be dressed up (Wurzeled Up) with floppy hats & red neckerchiefs... taking place during same half-time as the cheque presentation?

Might create some extra media publicity for The Wurzels charity record & increase sales etc... the Preston'gate' refund money could escalate & become just the tip of an iceburg if the opportunity/situation is made the best of...

Well Done to All Concerned.

Thanks ...hope it raises a tidy sum for a good cause,

Be nice if NTTDS(if he wishes) or a ST rep was able to present the final cheque on behalf of contributing fans to a representative of the Charity (or even a Wurzel) on the pitch at halftime while 'One For The Bristol City' plays over the tannoy.

How about a few volunteers (organised by ST maybe?) in each stand doing a bucket collection too? - could be dressed up (Wurzeled Up) with floppy hats & red neckerchiefs... taking place during same half-time as the cheque presentation?

Might create some extra media publicity for The Wurzels charity record & increase sales etc... the Preston'gate' refund money could escalate & become just the tip of an iceburg if the opportunity/situation is made the best of...

Well Done to All Concerned.

They did a bucket collection yesterday around the ground for Prostate Cancer.

They did a bucket collection yesterday around the ground for Prostate Cancer.

...oop's didnt realise that, was at home with a lousy flu-bug thing... cheered up by the radio though & the performance of the lads, great win, -best medicine in the world!.. :)

(ps. Basso made saved some great 'balls' yesterday(& all season so far) erm, hope the charity, with help from the ever generous City support, can do the same -if ya get my meaning!.. :)

Archived