IGNORED

Team V Barnsley

Bristol Boy

Having looked all through this thread the concensus of opinion is that Byfield should start with Trundle but no-one seems to able to suggest how that combination could be accomodated if Sproule is to stay in the side.

I can only judge on what I see - I heard Sproule was going to be the fastest player in the Championship and turn games on his own - but I havn't seen it for City. (Actually Ishmael (sp) Miller is the fastest I've seen so far)

On current form (and how else can you decide) I would play Murray ahead of Sproule. Murray's looking sharp and confident.

So

Bas

Orr

Fontaine

Carey

McAllister

Murray

Johnson

Elliot

McIndoe

Byfield

Trundle

Bench: Wilson,Skuse,Jevo,Henderson,Vasko

For an away game I might swap (rest) Murray for Wilson & Skuse for Johnson

Longer term I'd be intersted to see how Brooker Byfield would work up front and a Elliott/Noble central midfield.

CR

Longer term I'd be intersted to see how Brooker Byfield would work up front and a Elliott/Noble central midfield.

CR

Most fans would like to see a fully fit Noble back. He's a class act and pretty much all City fans rate him as an attacking midfielder. Its unusual to see such a common consenus amongst the faithfull. Usually you'll find someone who'll disagree or not rate a player for whatever reason but with Noble I can't ever recall him taking any critism.

I sometimes get the impression that Johnson doesn't see Noble in the same light as the fans.

Most fans would like to see a fully fit Noble back. He's a class act and pretty much all City fans rate him as an attacking midfielder. Its unusual to see such a common consenus amongst the faithfull. Usually you'll find someone who'll disagree or not rate a player for whatever reason but with Noble I can't ever recall him taking any critism.

I sometimes get the impression that Johnson doesn't see Noble in the same light as the fans.

I have to say that although I do rate Noble highly I believe he is overrated on here by many.

He made less league starts last season than Brooker (and only 4 more over all) and the general attitude that he would do a better job than Lee Johnson is a bit undermined by the fact LJ has scored and assited more goals for us, which if he's meant to be an attacking midfielder does not bode well. I think he's a class act, don't get me wrong, but he has a lot to prove at this level when he gets his chance. He also played as part of a three man central unit along with Johnson or behind a striker for a good few of those appearences, so it's hard to say he performs the same role as LJ but only better.

I think a lot of people look at the flaws or mistakes in LJ and instantly remember the positive things Noble can do, which isn't quite fair. I ope they both have awesome seasons of course, but do think we shouldn't rose-tint our view of Noble.

I have to say that although I do rate Noble highly I believe he is overrated on here by many.

He made less league starts last season than Brooker (and only 4 more over all) and the general attitude that he would do a better job than Lee Johnson is a bit undermined by the fact LJ has scored and assited more goals for us, which if he's meant to be an attacking midfielder does not bode well. I think he's a class act, don't get me wrong, but he has a lot to prove at this level when he gets his chance. He also played as part of a three man central unit along with Johnson or behind a striker for a good few of those appearences, so it's hard to say he performs the same role as LJ but only better.

I think a lot of people look at the flaws or mistakes in LJ and instantly remember the positive things Noble can do, which isn't quite fair. I ope they both have awesome seasons of course, but do think we shouldn't rose-tint our view of Noble.

Very good points.

In fairness to Noble, he didn't miss games through injury in the main it was GJ's selection policy up until we playe Boro and had only one fit and available striker.

One concern that I've expressed is that you can't get the two of them together into a 4-4-2 although both have proved themself in a two man central midfield next to Russell or Skuse and in a three with LJ.

Our central midfield from a squad perspective is only three strong at the moment, albeit with two on loan and that's wafer thin.

----------------------Bass----------------------------

-Orr--------Carey---------Fontaine-----McAllister-

-Wilson----Johnson-------Elliott----------McIndoe-

-------------Byfield--------Trundle------------------

Weale

Vasko

Noble

Murray

Jevons

gotta be. except maybe Ivan on the bench? and skuse for cover so no Noble or Vasko ( skuse can play centre half cant he??? :whistle2: )

gotta be. except maybe Ivan on the bench? and skuse for cover so no Noble or Vasko ( skuse can play centre half cant he??? :whistle2: )

The only reason for leaving out Noble & Byfield can be fitness.

I can't see why we'd want Murray & Sproule on the bench, so for me, Murray and a night off for Ivan.

We need a striker on the bench and we only have two fully fit strikers at the club in Trundle & Jevons who played OK together in Pre-Season.

Be about the same if we lose and don't make changes.Comments like shouldn't change a winning team would only come from people who haven't watched the last three games or heard the scores, surely?

Seen all but blackpool and Preston. Personally the only change I would make is Byfield for Spoule but would fully understand GJ if he decided to leave it alone and fielded an unchanged team.

Be about the same if we lose and don't make changes.Comments like shouldn't change a winning team would only come from people who haven't watched the last three games or heard the scores, surely?

Seen all but blackpool and Preston. Personally the only change I would make is Byfield for Spoule but would fully understand GJ if he decided to leave it alone and fielded an unchanged team.

I can't see GJ going for a change from 4-4-2.

So:

.....BASSO.......

ORR.............CAREY.....FONTAINE..........MCALLISTER..........

MURRAY.......ELLIOTT...NOBLE..MCINDOE.

......BYFIELD..TRUNDLE..

SUBS

WEALE

SHOWUNMI

WILSON

SKUSE

VASKO

(16)

Rested:Sproule, Johnson, Jevons, Betsy & McCombe (5)

Loan:Keogh, Henderson, Russell, JMW & Artus (5)

Injured:Brooker (1)

Junior Pros:Plummer, Ribiero,Slocombe, Wilson J (4)

Our two biggest problems at PNE were ball retention and lack of quality in the final third.So three changes in the final third with Murray replacing Wilson on form, Trundle getting a last chance next to a proper striker from the outset, Byfield replacing Sproule on form and because he's actually a striker.Showunmi puts pressure on the front two to perform, Wilson can play anywhere on the left or right and Vasko can play at either end if we're chasing the game or holding on, whilst Skuse can add energy in the midfield.

It's not a case of changing a winning team because the team's not winning.It's more a case of fixing what's broken in a well oiled machine.

Didn't LT have a stormer against Barnsley in the Cup last season ans he won't want to miss out on TV against Sheff Utd.

Over to you.

i think its the matter of what you want the team to be, not neccisarily what GJ will pick, me personally will think he will stick with the same XI again and maybe swap 1 or 2 players agaisnt Sheff. Utd, possibly Sproule for Byfield and maybe McCombe for Fontaine just becuase GJ is thiking that it will make it harder for Fontaine to score from the bench :innocent06:

I can't see GJ going for a change from 4-4-2.

So:

.....BASSO.......

ORR.............CAREY.....FONTAINE..........MCALLISTER..........

MURRAY.......ELLIOTT...NOBLE..MCINDOE.

......BYFIELD..TRUNDLE..

SUBS

WEALE

SHOWUNMI

WILSON

SKUSE

VASKO

(16)

Rested:Sproule, Johnson, Jevons, Betsy & McCombe (5)

Loan:Keogh, Henderson, Russell, JMW & Artus (5)

Injured:Brooker (1)

Junior Pros:Plummer, Ribiero,Slocombe, Wilson J (4)

agree but Sproule on wing as he is not a striker and Murray sub

Archived