IGNORED

Fifa 2008

Always Believesham

having purchased the latest fifa I'm undecided, similar to trundle although i found a bargain on this one, the new extras are worth £20 but the gameplay seems similar, and the crowd noises and the stadiums, except white hart lane...which may i add looks magnifcent in lego let alone computerised. Like trundle its yet to grow on me but I'm sure it will.

What platform are you playing this on?

I bought i for the xbox360 and havent been able to put it down since i got it on friday!!

The game play is completley different to 07 (did have it on ps2 though), graphics are stupidly good and its generally a shed load better than pro evo! Which i played the demo of and its uter shite! I think this year alot of pro evo fans will be very tempted to change to the 'dark side'

Bw Fifa on xbox live is brilliant and its always nice to beat man utd scum on there!

Danzinio

What platform are you playing this on?

I bought i for the xbox360 and havent been able to put it down since i got it on friday!!

The game play is completley different to 07 (did have it on ps2 though), graphics are stupidly good and its generally a shed load better than pro evo! Which i played the demo of and its uter shite! I think this year alot of pro evo fans will be very tempted to change to the 'dark side'

Bw Fifa on xbox live is brilliant and its always nice to beat man utd scum on there!

Danzinio

ps2, I'm not blessed with anything more updated. i did get pes4 or 5 i cant remeber but city had a disasterous season so although the gameplay 'was' better its allways going 2 be fifa from now on. I'm also sad 2 not be online, ps2 online is something i aspire to. please beat some man u scum for me .... like coventry haha!! i wonder if there are any real man utd fans read/post on here, actually is there such thing as a real man u fan? going back to the subject, ive heard a few pes fans say theyll try fifa this year and if word gets around it should sell well. I didn't realise that you could create chants on fifa 07 on the nintendo ds until august so I'm guessing there are lots of different features for the better platforms.

Pro Evo's game engine is a million times better than anything EA can come up with.

They have the graphics and the license but they can't put together a system that flows like a real game of football.

Pro Evo is meant to be hard, and it bloody is, but when you figure out how to play the beautiful game on it it's so much more rewarding.

Nibor have you played PES08's demo, its awful.

Not yet, but I doubt I will find it awful unless they've radically changed something and they don't tend to do that.

What platform you played it on and what don't you like about it?

Only ever played the Pro Evo series on the PS2 myself (I think all football games suck on the pc) though I'm probably going to buy me a PS3 and a HDTV for xmas.

Not yet, but I doubt I will find it awful unless they've radically changed something and they don't tend to do that.

What platform you played it on and what don't you like about it?

Only ever played the Pro Evo series on the PS2 myself (I think all football games suck on the pc) though I'm probably going to buy me a PS3 and a HDTV for xmas.

PC - very static, probably be good on a PS3 though!

Pro Evo is meant to be hard, and it bloody is, but when you figure out how to play the beautiful game on it it's so much more rewarding.

The pes2008 demo on the xbox 360, isnt hard at all, its very very very easy! Won 5-0 first game, and that was the first time i played pes since 05 or 06!

It doesnt flow like real football anymore! Watching a real game the other day, i could see what fifa have done this year to make it as realistic as possible! For all you fifa fans you wont be disapointed! All you Pes fans i would play both of them and see which you prefer! you will be most suprised ;)

Danzinio

Heard the same thing every year danzinio and it's never, ever been true. I'd bet on it not being true this time either. Winning 5-0 doesn't mean a lot, it depends which teams you were using and what level, and as for it not flowing even if that were the case that would just mean it had slipped back to where FIFA is just about getting to instead of being light years ahead :)

FIFA just make it easy for you to do absolutely everything, the game loses it's challenge in about 3 minutes and multiplayer games end up having scores like 32-19. EA design it for yanks so they have to keep it simple.

Is it only me then who is a bit dissapointed with FIFA 08. To be honest I think its basacially the same as FIFA 07 and yes although thats what I was expecting (don't think it can be anything else unless you get it on PS3 or xbox 306) it just seems to be missing something. Is it me or is it slightly harder as well?

Pro Evo I'm tempted to get as my m8s say its the way forward, so I may end up with both of them this year and decide for myself which one is better.

okay a few things ive picked up on... i thought pro evo had the liscence for holland and italy until last year but not sure what happened with that....

Pro Evo is just different to fifa... apples and pears IMO i prefer fifa bacause well frankly i can only afford one a year, and when i chose pro evo city wer crap so i shelled out got both and city missed out on the play offs but thats superstition and i don't get enough practice at either to judge its difficulty i prefer city being Bristol City...playing in red and white with the liscences etc its cooler without having to create it ... what about this is football anybody played that? its the one with the dive button its legendry! fifa should have a dive button ill grant you.

back to a point ive made twice ... is it impossible to get the keeper to come up for corners?

preston did it to me on opening day at 2-2

okay a few things ive picked up on... i thought pro evo had the liscence for holland and italy until last year but not sure what happened with that....

Pro Evo is just different to fifa... apples and pears IMO i prefer fifa bacause well frankly i can only afford one a year, and when i chose pro evo city wer crap so i shelled out got both and city missed out on the play offs but thats superstition and i don't get enough practice at either to judge its difficulty i prefer city being Bristol City...playing in red and white with the liscences etc its cooler without having to create it ... what about this is football anybody played that? its the one with the dive button its legendry! fifa should have a dive button ill grant you.

back to a point ive made twice ... is it impossible to get the keeper to come up for corners?

preston did it to me on opening day at 2-2

In the last min if your losing on mine it says press (forgotton what the button was) a button to send your keeper up when your taking a corner.

In the last min if your losing on mine it says press (forgotton what the button was) a button to send your keeper up when your taking a corner.

fairy nuff cheers anyway though its settled question

and is there a reason why the france v england post is in footy talk ... I'm not naive am i it's a rugby match isnt it?

Haha This is Football - Awful games but fun with loads of mates just because of the 'dive' button getting your friends sent off for a deliberate dive in the penalty box! oh and also what else is funny about it is turning off fouls and using the two footed lunge button!

I played FIFA 08 On the 360 last night and despite all the talk of the Pro Evo players being won over this time round, its the same old story. Apparently getting better and better, but still not in the touch of Pro Evo I'm afraid. I'd personally rather play PES6 on the PS2 than FIFA 08 on the 360.

Archived