IGNORED

Is The Problem The Wings?

Pete1975Legend

He closer to 12 stone and is 6ft tall,Hardly an anorexic midget! It not about that anyway, it just about LT making it tougher for oposing defenders and not giving them a moments peace.

11'6 according to the official site, so close to 11 than 12 actually and that's positively scrawny at 6ft. Most centre halves he faces will have size and strength on him and usually there are two of them in his back. I don't see how you can make it hard on them in that situation when you have noone around you looking for a knock.

BB

"I still reckon all of our midfielders look better and more comfortable in a three than a two"

I reckon our coaches need to start training the midfield so that when Elliott is out of position and we have the ball that we find away to get the balls to the wings or retain possession until Elloitt is able to get back into the normal midfield position and distibute the ball - that will take time and yes until we learn how to do that I think a three will be a better option than a two in midfield as the opposition wont be able to pressurise the creative talent when faced as a three than as a two - however long term the idea has got to be to get into a system or formation that allows us to utilise Elliott to his maximum and not inhibit the team in a creative manner.

"In terms of our best midfield I can't believe that Noble isn't in it? LJ & BW in entral midfield would be as big disaster as LJ & DN-Walk through"

DN isnt in team as he injured but it's either LJ or DN but not both in central midfield - akin to lampard or Gerrard - they are similar players but there is only place in center midfield for that type of player.

Archived