IGNORED

A&s Police Warning To Qpr Fans -keep Away

Guest weqprarebetterthanu

GoldStar (Gold something, anyway, I forget exactly) may be many things, but modern in attitude they ain't.

You're telling me. I almost got kicked out for talking to a friend.

I'm talking to a friend on the top tier from below when I'm approached by a burley steward

Steward: Where are you sat?

Me: (Pointing) Over there.

Steward: Find your seat.

Me: I'm just chatting a sec mate.

Me: Yeah but.....

Me: I was just....

Steward: Do you want to watch the second half? Find your seat.

Me: OK..... :@

I am not travelling to this one mainly cos i am in Australia !!!!!

But i think its a shame if you people cannot control themselves with an away fan next to them then they should stay at home .

We do not live in caves any more !

In my opinion its the QPR fan who is sitting in our end that is in the wrong, not the guy next to him who cant control his temper.

I seem to remember the City fans who went in the Wycome end at Bristol Rovers a few seasons back (to watch the Gas go down) were ejected, even though they were not causing trouble.

I think if you have got tickets for the home end and you make yourself known, you need to be kicked out even if you are not causing trouble. It will be very partizan Saturday, and there will be those there who will not hesitate in having a pop.

You're telling me. I almost got kicked out for talking to a friend.

I'm talking to a friend on the top tier from below when I'm approached by a burley steward

Steward: Where are you sat?

Me: (Pointing) Over there.

Me: I'm just chatting a sec mate.

Me: Yeah but.....

Me: I was just....

Steward: Do you want to watch the second half? Find your seat.

Me: OK..... :@

know exactly what you mean!!! me and my mate couldnt find 2 spare seats together,and there were people sat in our seats,so not wanting to cause a fuss we stood at the back minding our own buissness.

then,for the whole first half we(and about 10 others with the same problem,including a bloke with a 4yr old boy he had to hold on his arms) had to endure this scottish steward(one of the few that spoke english...but only just) threatening to chuck us out,calling us animals,swearing and saying we were the worst behaved fans hed ever dealt with!!!!!

all we wanted was a seat,we even offered to go in to the top tier but he wouldnt let us.the man was a prized tit. in the end he gave up his torent of abuse,but only after hed got a couple of innocent lads chucked out!!! thier whole stewarding policy is a shambles.ive been to that ground 4 times in recent years and every time weve had problems.

Guest LeicesterRed

Whilst I have sympathy(SOME ANYWAY) for genuine supporters who want to see the game, I don`t want my 8 year old son who`ll be at the match with me injured by some daft a**ehole who is in our end for trouble. The police will act wholly correctly ejecting anyone who is in the wrong part of the ground.

Although our Cops come in for a load of abuse, they do a great job overall, and they ain`t paid that much to take cr*p from scum wanting a fight.

Having personally been the victim of mindless thugs , i don`t want to see anyone else get snotted by some cretinous moron out to chin whoever he can in the name of football.

The answer is clear, if you don`t have a ticket , keep away, and if you have a ticket with the City fans, I hope you get knicked.

Hopefully, the moronic element with be knicked well before the game anyway.

Personally, and I maybe cussed for this, but I feel as long as an away fan behaves, ie. doesn't incite any form of trouble, then why not let them watch the game?

Why?

Because I have done it in the past with my old man at Plymouth & Brentford, purely and simply because we wanted to watch the game.

Now tell me anyone here who hasn't tried it themselves, doesn't know, or hasn't heard of a mate who hasn't tried doing the same before?

I find it quite sad that some here have actually accepted that if an away fan is noticed sitting in the home part of the ground, and is given a 'kicking' for his/her troubles for being there, then that's ok.

If I were to see an away fan sat next to me who behaved himself/herself, and enjoyed the game, the last thing in my mind would be to give them a 'kicking' for being there.

Sorry if that makes me human but there.

Guest LeicesterRed

Totally agree that there are idiots on both sides and innocent people shouldn`t be attacked no matter who they support.This is football and not war!!

Unfortunately it ain`t going to happen.

its a sad indictment on our society, but that`s how it is.

I remember standing in the Anfield road end in Liverpool scared to death throughout a football match, being surrounded by scouse nutters. I`m as passionate as the next about City, but I had to question my sanity at being there in those circumstances.

I know things have moved on a bit, but there are a lot of idiots out there, unfortunately.....

Personally, and I maybe cussed for this, but I feel as long as an away fan behaves, ie. doesn't incite any form of trouble, then why not let them watch the game?

Why?

Because I have done it in the past with my old man at Plymouth & Brentford, purely and simply because we wanted to watch the game.

Now tell me anyone here who hasn't tried it themselves, doesn't know, or hasn't heard of a mate who hasn't tried doing the same before?

I find it quite sad that some here have actually accepted that if an away fan is noticed sitting in the home part of the ground, and is given a 'kicking' for his/her troubles for being there, then that's ok.

If I were to see an away fan sat next to me who behaved himself/herself, and enjoyed the game, the last thing in my mind would be to give them a 'kicking' for being there.

I don't think anyone is saying it's OK, the point is that there WILL be hooligans of our own at the match on Saturday and the QPR fans know this and have been warned, so if they end up getting a kick in then they've only got themselves to blame for going in the wrong end when they are well aware of the possible consequinces.

There be voices in my 'ed making i write these words :wacko: I am but a peppercorn wage earning worker trying to be loyal to Queen and Country :ph34r:
Careful, my good fellow, they will seek to ban thee from this esteemed organ of truth, for breach of the king or queens law, for it cannot be allowed for allegations of this nature to be aired, loyal to queen and country by God!! You'll be saying you like Tony Bliar next, and Mr Wilson is a good manager!! :whistle:

seriously though:

2 points:

One,addresses: I live in Bucks and had no problem getting my ticket(First time I registered and brought on line, near London I be living, no questions asked? :whistle: Strange) Please dont do me I got a southern accent but I will be in a home strip!!

Two Security: Any supporter who gos to an away ground takes the risk ( I've done it at Wycombe, Brentford)-if ya keeps quiet, no problem, but gobbing off is an instant no-no, :baa: and as for the burberry muppets and their ilk, nothing short of cutting their nuts off with a blunt razor blade is going to stop them. We should be so lucky to have them gone :ph34r:

So to one and all Saturday enjoy the game what ever the result, and go in peace for **** sake. Its a game of football at the end of the day, we love our teams, but to get a kicking because of it- C'mon!!! :whistle:

Whilst I have sympathy(SOME ANYWAY) for genuine supporters who want to see the game, I don`t want my 8 year old son who`ll be at the match with me injured by some daft a**ehole who is in our end for trouble. The police will act wholly correctly ejecting anyone who is in the wrong part of the ground.

I agree and feel the same, I'm taking my nipper who's about the same age.

I want him to enjoy the match and that's all, I do not wish to worry about his, mine or anybody else's safety but I accept there are always risks.

I really dont see what the problem is - as long as the away fans in the home section are behaved and are there just to watch the game then why should they be thrown out??

I watched the Plymouth game last season in the home end at Home Park and had no problems whatsoever - despite a mini riot taking place in and around the away end

we made no secret of the fact we were city fans but had no problems of the fans around us and even managed to exchange some banter as the game went on - i've sat with home fans at a number of other away games (most notably a 4-1 drubbing at derby a few years ago that i'm still in therapy for now) and never had any trouble

why?? because i'm not there to cause trouble just to watch the game

now i agree that if any qpr fan appears to want to antagonise the home fans or start trouble they should be ejected as should any home fan who rises to the bait - it is a matter for the i expect substantial police and steward presence to deal with and not us

after all this is only a game of football!!!

Why?

Kingswood, i don't think anyone has a problem with the odd away fan dotted about quietly watching the game.

But if dozens are jumping up and celebrating noisily in the any City stand if QPR score the ensuing problems are inevitable as they would be in any ground.

You don't need someone rubbing it in close by at your moment of despair, and although many of us could take it manfully, the tense atmosphere will ensure that many others can't.

Bottom line is they shouldn't be there. And are QPR beaming it back, if not why not?

Archived