IGNORED

Ummmm Unhappy Blades

WarksRed

i'm looking for a post i read on a blades board on thurday about coming to Bristol show the 'oiks' how to play football .

it will be so hard not to gloat in my reply when i find it .

:englandsmile4wf:

Do put the link, when you find it. WR.

As to the Robbo posts. he aint that good a manager, great player, but not a great manager. Bit like someone we had innit.

Great quote from a Sheff Utd fan on another forum

Congratulations to Bristol City. I saw in their performance tonight everything I hope for when I watch the Blades. A committed team performance, no quarter given & none expected, non stop energy & enthusiasm, and amidst that a sprinkling of not inconsiderable talent all moulded together by a manager who knows exactly what to do to get the best from his players.

Well done all at BCFC. A brilliant game to watch. Fan now lets pack Ashton gate out every week.

Hes a good manager Robbo, did well at West Brom and Middlesborough, i think Sheff U have some qaulity players but they are just not playing as a team as they showed tonigh..I think Robbo just needs to kick em up the arse..

I'm not sure he IS a good manager - he managed to get Middlesborough promoted to the Prem twice after spending millions of his chairmans money, but underachieved massively when he got there. And nice job avoiding relegation with WBA, but he took them down the next year ! What would a proper manager have achieved with Steve Gibsons millions and talents like Ravanelli, Juninho, Southgate, Gazza etc ?

Good analysis of the game from another SUFC fan:

1-0: A long ball is headed on by Hendrie into a very dangerous area. Morgan gets to it first but his header back to Kenny is too loose. Noble beats Kenny to it, and Armstrong is unable to clear it with his head. By the way a definite high foot, the goal should not have stood.

2-0: First and foremost a great attack by Bristol City, showing pace and off the ball movement.

The strong McCombe wins the ball from Shelton, the ball falls to Sproule who IMMEDIATELY plays a forward pass and runs into space himself. Armstrong chases him, but his tackle fails to knock the ball out of play, and Sproule is allowed to pick out McIndoe with his cross.

McIndoe's movement in between our centre halves is excellent, and makes it very hard to defend against. We could be singling out

- Armstrong, who was outpaced

- Morgan, who jumps with McIndoe

- Lucketti - the zonal marking view - as the cross went over the head of Morgan, Lucketti should be next in line to deal with the ball.

- Cahill - the man marking view - it was their left winger who scored, and Cahill is our right back

Although we have seen plenty of evidences that the roles of our defenders are confusing, and this may have been another example I think we actually should learn more from Bristol City's attacking than our own defending on this occasion.

Wheras we seemingly think sideways passes to players standing still are wonderfully effective, they

- turned on the pace IMMEDITATELY after winning the ball

- the passes went FORWARD

- they used FEW (3) PASSES

- they made use of Sproule's great PACE

- and McIndoe showed great OFF THE BALL MOVEMENT

This is modern, effective football, while we seem to prefer the opposite.

Can't argue with much of that.

When I saw the Noble goal again on sky at half time in the Atyeo concourse I did think it we were a little lucky to not have the goal chalked off for a high foot.

Do put the link, when you find it. WR.

As to the Robbo posts. he aint that good a manager, great player, but not a great manager. Bit like someone we had innit.

I seem to remember on here a few people wondering weather our very own Gary johnson was a good manager on our terrible run and look at us now, GJ is more important than any player we have imo- I'm not saying that Robson will sort sheff united out but he will need time.

Archived