IGNORED

Defend The Indefensible...

andy g

ok, this is just a bit of fun (so don't take it too seriously)...

in the style of 5 lives "fighting talk" does anyone want a go at defending an indefensible comment ?

And the comment is...

"Gary Johnson has achieved absolutely nothing in his time as Bristol City manager and he is basically a Conference manager"

lee johnson is useless

if johnson wasnt manager of city heaven forbid he should be left out

elliott is better pound for pound then lee trundle

so far we've payes 1 million pound for 2 goals

If Gary Johnson wasn't manager of City we could be in league two right now looking up at the gas.

Maybe you could concede then that Gary picks a good team on the whole and that Lee must be doing something right to get in a very successful side for a manager with high standards?

Or perhaps you just don't know what you're talking about.

If Gary Johnson wasn't manager of City we could be in league two right now looking up at the gas.

Maybe you could concede then that Gary picks a good team on the whole and that Lee must be doing something right to get in a very successful side for a manager with high standards?

Or perhaps you just don't know what you're talking about.

i do no what I'm talkin about

he is nooo way better then noble or elliott and should be dropped

johnson is the best manager ever i just think that he sees him as his son not his player

why was one of the first singings he made

his own son that nones every heard of ?

none knew his background he played in scotland ?

yet he brought everyone else cause they had a backgound

i grant mccalister only scored in the scottish cup but what did johnson do for hearts ?

You obviously don't.

johnson is the best manager ever i just think that he sees him as his son not his player

i grant mccalister only scored in the scottish cup but what did johnson do for hearts ?

Lee Johnson was a very important part of the Yeovil side that GJ got promoted twice. GJ is his father, we all know that, but if you truly believe that's why he's in the side then you're a nutter.

What LJ adds to the side is very obvious, he created 10 goals last season the second highest assist total in the league if I remember correctly. He takes good set plays and has an eye for the killer pass. He has faults in his game and looks more at home in a 3 man central midfield granted but to suggest nepotism is utter foolishness.

If LJ wasn't good enough to start and was simply being included because daddy was manager then how the hell would the other 10 players put up with it and how would the squad have such a great attitude? If he should be dropped then how did we get promoted carrying him through every game?

I obviouslty didnt explain that very well ! Have any of you listened to Fighting Talk on Five Live ?

They have a tie-breaker at the end where the two contestants are given a clearly indefensible statement. They then have to try to justify that statement.

Lets just quietly forget this one shall we !

I obviouslty didnt explain that very well ! Have any of you listened to Fighting Talk on Five Live.

no, they're football fans, cultural references are lost on the majority. The topic's clearly been taken for another lets make "clever" statements without the humour or wit to back them up.

I'm not going to use your age as an excuse because the same put down is frequently used at me when the "senior" members of the forum run out of logic. But... you don't have enough footballing knowledge to back up anything you say.

i love noble and hate johnson you cant drop a plyer of elliots caliber or nobles for a player like lj

personally

i think lj should go

lee johnson is useless

if johnson wasnt manager of city heaven forbid he should be left out

A tip that could be used by you (and quite a few other on the forum) is to actually check what you've written before hitting the add reply button.

ok, this is just a bit of fun (so don't take it too seriously)...

in the style of 5 lives "fighting talk" does anyone want a go at defending an indefensible comment ?

And the comment is...

"Gary Johnson has achieved absolutely nothing in his time as Bristol City manager and he is basically a Conference manager"

Well I know what you are talking about, so here goes.

"Gary Johnson may be doing well with City but has he ever actually won anything? He hasn't with City, seeing them consistently get knocked out of all cup competitions and spectacularly floundering to second place last season. He's failed to maintain a good start this season through constant tinkering and favouritism of certain players. He is basically a failed CCC/L1 manager and failed to impress during his time with lowly Latvia where they failed to reach any major tournamemnts. He should stick to managing at his level - Kettering Town."

Now obviously I don't believe a word of this, for those who don't know what Fighting Talk is, read HERE.

Stewart

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

a) lee johnson has played well in the last season and helped earn the club promotion

b) he has said on a number of times he see's him as just another player

c) he wasn't one of JOHNSON's first signings at all......McCombe, Noble, McAllister, Jevons, Enoch, Basso, are some players who came in before Lee.

d) plenty of other people had heard of him from his time at Yeovil

blah, blah blah, what a complete and utter pile of crap!

Lee Johnson has actually had a very succesful career so far, and last season's promtion was actually his SIXTH PROMOTION in his career to date, he also has been involved in 2 cup competition wins!

perhaps, you haven't heard of him, but many others have and RATE HIM

as other have pointed at.......I think the person who can't tell the difference between Lee Johnson the player and Lee Johnson the managers son....IS YOU

Archived