IGNORED

So, It's January 1st

Bristol Boy

It's never been as high as it is at the moment though.

I wouldn't expect us to survive or even try to compete, just take the money and continue with our current plan. Easier said than done though I agree.

Oh and "second season syndrome" is a misnomer at best. It's more that any promoted club who survives one season is ludicrously overachieving in that season and the second is a more accurate representation of where they should be.

It will be interesting to see how the next few years go. My best guess is that the increased TV money will just lead to further wage inflation for the type of player you need to compete. So, on relegation, the difference between Championship income and Premiership outgoings will be even more difficult to deal with than ever before.

Watford may be the first example of a new breed of club who are prepared to take the money and run. But, like us, I thing that they had no intention to gamble to get promoted in the first place, and did it through good scouting, a good academy, good training and good management from the boardroom down.

we cant sell any of them

elliott runs after everything

basso dives for anything

noble can put the ball anywhere

So if someone offers stupid money for each of the three then we still cant sell them? Say we get offered £3m for Elliott, £1.5m for Basso and £1.5m for Noble. That's £6m that your prepared to turn down when we can then go out and get a better player for each position. I think you need to grow up alot beyond your years!

So if someone offers stupid money for each of the three then we still cant sell them? Say we get offered £3m for Elliott, £1.5m for Basso and £1.5m for Noble. That's £6m that your prepared to turn down when we can then go out and get a better player for each position. I think you need to grow up alot beyond your years!

If there is better players out there for each position, why come buy our players? :innocent06:

I used to think like that.

Why are a club willing to pay that money for one of our players when better is available for less?

Why do you think if we get £3m for Elliott someone will sell us a player as good as him for any less, particularly knowing we have that money burning a hole in our pocket?

You never improve your side by selling good players. You improve it by bringing in better ones and selling the ones you don't need.

Question for you BB - if City are still the play-off zone come January 1st then why would Johnson want two more players?

That said - If Johnson did want another two players at a million each then some of the currant players would be out of AG. Possibly some of those that are currently out on loan.

As for hanging on to our quality players - Lansdown has always said that 'every player has his price' and if any club came in offering silly money for any of City's players then it might be too good an offer to refuse. Lets face facts - players want to play at the highest level possible and if a Prem club came for any of our players then I'm sure they'd be off and who can balme them? Its simply a question of how much....

I would be cautious if our manager will still be here, if we are in the playoffs come January many clubs are going to be sniffing.

Archived