IGNORED

Best Championship Defender

Stephen Lewis

You know that aint true and no one is slating McAllister.

It's just some people are stupid enough to believe these stats rather then their own eyes.

So i'm stupid then am i? Open your eyes. I havent once said that he is the best defender in the league nor have i said he is our best player of the season so far. I just backed up what the stats said and that's that the STATS think he is the 2nd best player in the Championship this season!

So i'm stupid then am i? Open your eyes. I havent once said that he is the best defender in the league nor have i said he is our best player of the season so far. I just backed up what the stats said and that's that the STATS think he is the 2nd best player in the Championship this season!

If you believe these stats then, yes, to me, you are stupid.

If you believe these stats then, yes, to me, you are stupid.

Right, now you show me the exact post in this thread where i have flat out said that them stats are accurate based on performances, then you may get your wish! Until then, don't judge people who you only know by a pen name and their opinions on an internet forum!

Right, now you show me the exact post in this thread where i have flat out said that them stats are accurate based on performances, then you may get your wish! Until then, don't judge people who you only know by a pen name and their opinions on an internet forum!

I never said you did.

Re read my post and you'll I said if

Interesting. The only negative actions it lists there are yellow/red cards and missed shots.

Some of the biggest problems I felt McAllister had in the first few games was continually getting caught in possession and either giving the ball away or hoofing it, as well as getting turned onto his wrong foot easily by wingers and beaten - none of that looks to be penalised.

Elliott has had more shots than pretty much anyone on our team so it's no surprise he's scored low.

I honestly can't see the use in lumping all those stats together into one index score. I would think a coach would rather just see the raw data - how many clearances did the player make, how many passes did they complete etc. I guess that's what prozone is for.

I thought he had an OK game. Ive seen him play better but he didnt do alot wrong. Wasnt the best player on the pitch but wasnt the worst.

Isnt it funny how people see the game so differently.

I thought he was dreadful and summed it up when basso went to roll the ball to him and he refused - even though there wasnt a cov player around him!

Since then, GJ has stuck with him and he's starting to show us all what a class player he could be at this level.

It's interesting. As I live in Canada I can't obviously be at the games except for my 1 or 2 visits a season. Having seen them on TV and read reports I was under the impression that ORR and Carey were both MOM and stood out. Orr has gotten us some nice goals. Seeing Bradley at 46 and Mcallister at 2nd means either what I read has been distorted or the stats are... I failed stats at school :bruce_h4h:

Isnt it funny how people see the game so differently.

I thought he was dreadful and summed it up when basso went to roll the ball to him and he refused - even though there wasnt a cov player around him!

Since then, GJ has stuck with him and he's starting to show us all what a class player he could be at this level.

It is and that's what makes football what it is. Its down to personal opinions at the end of the day. Did you go to Preston?

Archived