IGNORED

Ten Match Review & Ratings

Bristol Boy

As I have said the post above was in reply to another post and was not in anyway criticising BB his posts his ratings etc....That probably came later as I am a little fed up of reading some criticisms (stated and Implied) of our players and officials (Although I'm not singling BB out here)...However I will post this with other replies in mind (and bearing in mind peoples right to opinions)

The point is the end result is what matters, individuals can be good bad or indifferent but if the end result is winning/ promotion/top four then how much does it matter if certain players do not live up to anybody's expectancy? If the team is getting results, and lets face it Gary Johnson does know that Lee Trundle is not quite doing it fully yet, then perhaps letting the coaching and management staff get on with it without supporters putting further doubt in a players mind is what we should do at least for a while.

I, a supporter of this club for 45 years have listened and read all sorts of crap particularly over the last 30 and to be perfectly honest I feel one of the biggest enemies to success here has been the attitude of supporters who criticise and single out individuals constantly thus making it a damn site more difficult to manage the players and the club

Football is a squad game (trite I know, but a fact)...If players are not performing as well as they might to bad, but does it need to be pointed out quite so often and does a player not performing to his ' price tag' mean the manager may not get future support of the chairman...Probably not...

Judgement of players is part an parcel of football but so is supporting a football team...Thus a little more support of a team doing well and its players who are not playing so well yet (especially as this manager in particular is very definate about his approach to motivation) may be a better way to push us further toward the promised land...

Some very good points however, football is a great game of opinions as others have stated and, with football under the microscope on an hourly basis both at home and abroad. it's to late to put that particular genie back in the bottle.

Top managers come under scrutiny every day and GJ gets far less of that than Benitez, who's won a European Cup and other major trophies here and abroad.Opinion comes with people's dough and the more they pay the more they'll say.The passage in my signature sums it up very well and, no, I didn't write it.

Look at the stick that Peter Crouch gets and he plays for England.Lampard was booed ON Saturday.

As I have said the post above was in reply to another post and was not in anyway criticising BB his posts his ratings etc....That probably came later as I am a little fed up of reading some criticisms (stated and Implied) of our players and officials (Although I'm not singling BB out here)...However I will post this with other replies in mind (and bearing in mind peoples right to opinions)

The point is the end result is what matters, individuals can be good bad or indifferent but if the end result is winning/ promotion/top four then how much does it matter if certain players do not live up to anybody's expectancy? If the team is getting results, and lets face it Gary Johnson does know that Lee Trundle is not quite doing it fully yet, then perhaps letting the coaching and management staff get on with it without supporters putting further doubt in a players mind is what we should do at least for a while.

I, a supporter of this club for 45 years have listened and read all sorts of crap particularly over the last 30 and to be perfectly honest I feel one of the biggest enemies to success here has been the attitude of supporters who criticise and single out individuals constantly thus making it a damn site more difficult to manage the players and the club

Football is a squad game (trite I know, but a fact)...If players are not performing as well as they might to bad, but does it need to be pointed out quite so often and does a player not performing to his ' price tag' mean the manager may not get future support of the chairman...Probably not...

Judgement of players is part an parcel of football but so is supporting a football team...Thus a little more support of a team doing well and its players who are not playing so well yet (especially as this manager in particular is very definate about his approach to motivation) may be a better way to push us further toward the promised land...

EXCELLENT POSTING!!! :clapping: totally agree with the highlighted para, as someone in the same position as you with a similar amount of experience watching city, totally agree about your point about these so called know it all supporters, but still.......these people are just "another fan" at the end of the day, some of which just have FAR too much time on their hands and the views of few on here are just a Tiny percentage of the Bristol City fan base.

EXCELLENT POSTING!!! :clapping: totally agree with the highlighted para, as someone in the same position as you with a similar amount of experience watching city, totally agree about your point about these so called know it all supporters, but still.......these people are just "another fan" at the end of the day, some of which just have FAR too much time on their hands and the views of few on here are just a Tiny percentage of the Bristol City fan base.

Yours certainly are.

"So called, know it all supporters?" What the hell is that about?

Enjoy Paris, I'll be in Norwich cheering the players on.

Just think, if we all did what you're going to do, they'd run out Saturday.not one City Supporter at Carrow Rd :disapointed2se:It's not like you can't afford it like some of the lads who've posted on here.

Here's to a City win and a great performance ala Sheff Utd and another World Cup for England-Good luck to both teams.

Yours certainly are.

"So called, know it all supporters?" What the hell is that about?

Enjoy Paris, I'll be in Norwich cheering the players on.

Just think, if we all did what you're going to do, they'd run out Saturday.not one City Supporter at Carrow Rd :disapointed2se:It's not like you can't afford it like some of the lads who've posted on here.

Here's to a City win and a great performance ala Sheff Utd and another World Cup for England-Good luck to both teams.

Come on guys, you're both better than this.

BB - so what if he goes to Paris rather than City? Paris is a one-off occasion and you've got no right to look down on him for that.

OMT - I can honestly say that despite the sheer number of posts, I've rarely found BB to be dismissive of other's views and at least engages in debate, is willing to try and understand others p.o.v. and contributes a lot to this forum.

I also feel you've seriously overestimated the significance of this forum in the grand scale of things. It's often just a venting post for people's frustrations and I'm sure no professional footballer or manager takes the opinions that seriously. We're just frustrated bystanders and sharing opinions is all we can do outside of matchday. I can't honestly believe anyone on this forum thinks that their opinion is (or should be) worth any real muster within the echelons of AG.

Do they?

BB - so what if he goes to Paris rather than City? Paris is a one-off occasion and you've got no right to look down on him for that.

spot on, these things don't come around often and nothing in the world will stop me from being there

I also feel you've seriously overestimated the significance of this forum in the grand scale of things. It's often just a venting post for people's frustrations and I'm sure no professional footballer or manager takes the opinions that seriously. We're just frustrated bystanders and sharing opinions is all we can do outside of matchday. I can't honestly believe anyone on this forum thinks that their opinion is (or should be) worth any real muster within the echelons of AG.

Do they?

exactly....it's just a forum, let be honest, GJ hates this place!

the difference being, I know I'm just another fan and I know my views are only as worthwhile as the next person

If the next person is Donald Duck or Goofy, yes :rolleyes:

I'm not looking down on him for a moment and the fella can do what he likes.I'm just pointing out the reality

OMT - I can honestly say that despite the sheer number of posts, I've rarely found BB to be dismissive of other's views and at least engages in debate, is willing to try and understand others p.o.v. and contributes a lot to this forum.

Thanks

5% Booking Fee to be dropped on Debit Cards and The Chairman & Manager read it.That's not supposition, it's fact.

NTTDS and the PNE rip off and there are other examples.Now, I'm not saying for a minute that this Forum or any other is the B all and End All, but it is full of people who care about City enough to spend time on it, that attracts advertisers for the ST, so is no bad thing.

It is, IMHO, fairly representative of opinion at AG although the majority of people can't be arsed to post or even register.

It should be worth something as a significant % of ST Holders read and lots post and any organisation worth it's salt listens to it's customers.

exactly....it's just a forum, let be honest, GJ hates this place!

That may be the case and if so, that's his problem.

Archived