IGNORED

April Fools Featured In Today's Wdp

Mr Mosquito

I've just finished reading today's Western Daily Press (April 1st 2004) and featured on the back page - lo and behold!!!!! - Ian Hollowhead and Geoff Dungford.

Dungford is probably the bigger fool after admitting pumping £400,000 of the Dungford fortune into the Gas just to keep the Gas in the football league last season :ph34r:

The other fool, Ian Hollowhead, still maintains he is a staunch Gashead and reckons he won't even listen to the City fans this Saturday :wacko: It's now up to us to create an intimidating atmosphere for Hollowhead, big head Bigknob and the hoards of blue hooped Monarchist Cockneys.

Up the City

Look fella stop spouting this republican nonsense or you'll be the first in the tower after the reveloution.

In 1661 Oliver Cromwell's body was exhumed from Westminster Abbey by Monarchists on the orders of Charles II and was subjected to the ritual of a posthumous execution - on January 30, the same date that their tyrant King Charles I had been executed. Cromwell's corpse was in fact hung, drawn and quartered. At the end his body was thrown into a pit. Cromwell's head however was detached from his body and displayed on a pole outside Westminster Abbey until 1685. Since then it changed hands several times before eventually being buried in the grounds of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, in 1960.

........I don't think you Royalists can do any worse to me in that bloody tower than was done to Cromwell's corpse :P

PS page 8 of today's WDP features an article on Republicanism in Australia for your perusal :wacko::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"I don't think you Royalists can do any worse to me in that bloody tower than was done to Cromwell's corpse "

Ah but his body wasn't alive like yours will be.

And as for the Aussis - I don't want a bunch of vulger racist convicts in the commonwealth.

Look fella stop spouting this republican nonsense or you'll be the first in the tower after the reveloution.
Ever sussed that some people might actually be 'Old School Republicans' even to this day huh?

Nothing wrong in it but I can't see Red Goblins head being put on display in London

"I don't think you Royalists can do any worse to me in that bloody tower than was done to Cromwell's corpse "

And as for the Aussis - I don't want a bunch of vulger racist convicts in the commonwealth.

I bought today's WDP in wonder at the piccies on the front page and page 7. I thought the Iraqis were hanging sheep carcuses from a bridge when in fact they're human bodies!!!!! These Iraqis are still not as ghoulish as the Royalists that did mutilate the corpse of Cromwell - in my honest opinion :ph34r:

Marcus Bigknob reckons, WDP page 61, that Saturday's game is far more important than the game he played for with the Gas when he scored in front of the Atyeo stand. Bigknob was, apparently, a last minute signing for QPR from Rushden and Diamonds before the transfer deadline.

Ever sussed that some people might actually be 'Old School Republicans' even to this day huh?

Nothing wrong in it but I can't see Red Goblins head being put on display in London

Cast your mind back to 1977. It's summer and BCFC have just survived to play another season of top flight Div 1 football. It's the British Government Queen's silver jubilee - and who has to play their concert on a Thames barge to avoid a charge of high treaon? - YESSSS, it was the Sex Pistols playing their wonder hit 'God Save the Queen Fascist Regime" :baa::whistle::whistle::ph34r::wacko::ph34r:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I wonder how many Republicans are Catholic?

I've always found the French reveloution so ironic, the people rise up against the privilidged aristocracy yet still kept a church which probably a greater wealth.

Umm to keep it City related - Ronnie Sinclaire , where is he now!

Cast your mind back to 1977. It's summer and BCFC have just survived to play another season of top flight Div 1 football. It's the British Government Queen's silver jubilee - and who has to play their concert on a Thames barge to avoid a charge of high treaon? - YESSSS, it was the Sex Pistols playing their wonder hit 'God Save the Queen Fascist Regime"  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:  :ph34r:  :wacko:  :ph34r:

And they still got hunted down, surrounded, snared and dragged off to the cells. Fascist regime? :baa:

Meanwhile the City kept flying the flag for the underdog in the top flight until the turn of the decade when, symbollically, Thatcher's era began and the plucky Cidereds didn't stand a chance!

I wonder how many Republicans are Catholic?

I've always found the French reveloution so ironic, the people rise up against the privilidged aristocracy yet still kept a church which probably a greater wealth.

Umm to keep it City related - Ronnie Sinclaire , where is he now!

You've just got to buy today's Western Daily Press Willsbridge. Great article on page 10 entitled "Danger's of USA's mission from God" - an awesome read. It explains the thinking in American government that goes back to the original Puritan immigrants that fled religious persecution in England !!!!!! A lot of those original Puritanical immigrants were, in fact, Oliver Cromwell's main supporters !!!!!!

We're everywhere you know, come the revolution..... :ph34r:

And they still got hunted down, surrounded, snared and dragged off to the cells. Fascist regime? :ph34r:

Meanwhile the City kept flying the flag for the underdog in the top flight until the turn of the decade when, symbollically, Thatcher's era began and the plucky Cidereds didn't stand a chance!

I like that....Bristol City, like the punks of yesteryear, fly the flag for the underdogs. :wacko: Strange how we're still here and the so called English 'super patriot' Thatcher has fled to live in the Republican USA. :ph34r:

Against overwhelming odds the bulk of the 1970's/80's zidermen have survived relegation from Div 1 to Div 4 and the merciles/pitiless Thatcher regime to come back better and stronger than before. Are we SUPERMEN ?????!!!!!! 'cause I believe we are :baa::whistle::whistle:

We are zider redz, we are zider redzzzzz

Up the City

Are you saying that Cromwell's head was kept on a pole for 24 years? That must have scratched a bit.

Here's a question for you...were the places that recently voted for mayoral rule, as opposed to council rule, original staunchly royalist in the good old days?

Oh yeah, is Wilson a royalist or what?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

America is having a wave of religious thinking morality right now, which in all honesty can only be a good thing. I'm hoping it will catch on here.

However a militant Catholic superpower is dangerous - Spain and France being the 2 previously. Maybe we should be rebuilding the Navy?

Seriously though America has always had a ruling elite of puritanical christians. They certainly have alot of influence, look at the whole Janet Jackson saga at the superbowl

Are you saying that Cromwell's head was kept on a pole for 24 years? That must have scratched a bit.

Here's a question for you...were the places that recently voted for mayoral rule, as opposed to council rule, original staunchly royalist in the good old days?

Oh yeah, is Wilson a royalist or what?

Cromwell's head was indeed kept on a pole outside Westminster Abbey for 24 years as a warning to others not to oppose the Monarchy and partly to satisfy Charles II whose father Charles I was executed.

Not sure about your second question regarding mayoral and council rule.

As for Danny Wilson he had the chance of being the King of Ashton Gate last season but blew it in our last game against Cardiff in the play-offs :wacko: Steve Lansdown is our 'King' for now :ph34r:

Cromwell's head however was detached from his body and displayed on a pole outside Westminster Abbey until 1685. Since then it changed hands several times before eventually being buried in the grounds of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, in 1960.

Interestingly, Cromwell's sister is buried in Longthorpe, Peterborough and the grave stone comments that the grave contains not only her remains, but also those of a relative. It does not state which one and the local reckon that is Ollie's head. (Not to be confused with Hollowhead whose dreams will be buried @ AG on Saturday)!!!!!

Cromwell's head however was detached from his body and displayed on a pole outside Westminster Abbey until 1685. Since then it changed hands several times before eventually being buried in the grounds of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge, in 1960.

Interestingly, Cromwell's sister is buried in Longthorpe, Peterborough and the grave stone comments that the grave contains not only her remains, but also those of a relative. It does not state which one and the local reckon that is Ollie's head. (Not to be confused with Hollowhead whose dreams will be buried @ AG on Saturday)!!!!!

There's also a great mystery surrounding the actual burial place of King Harold - the last truely Anglo-Saxon King of the English who died fighting to defend his realm against the Norman invaders at Hastings. One thing's for sure - if you're a controversial leader your remains will be hidden to stop the burial place becoming a shrine to others with similar beliefs.

I just hope Wilson and Co can bury the spectre of Hollowhead's QPR this Saturday :ph34r::wacko::ph34r:

However a militant Catholic superpower is dangerous - Spain and France being the 2 previously.  Maybe we should be rebuilding the Navy?

The last word on that one must go to Father Ted 'Not A Racist' Crilly:

"I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas...priests.......... MORE DRINK!"

The last word on that one must go to Father Ted 'Not A Racist' Crilly:

"I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas...priests.......... MORE DRINK!"

....... :whistle::whistle::ph34r::wacko::ph34r:

I still don't understand Willsbridge's train of thought with regard to the Catholic French and Spanish navys still being a threat to Protestant England :baa: Unless he's writing about their fishing fleets :whistle:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

City Rocker that is my favourite comedy episode of all time :ph34r:

"I still don't understand Willsbridge's train of thought with regard to the Catholic French and Spanish navys still being a threat to Protestant England Unless he's writing about their fishing fleets "

You wait till a French and Spanish fleet of fishing boats and ferrys take the severn estuary by storm - You wo'nt be mocking then will you :ph34r::wacko:

City Rocker that is my favourite comedy episode of all time :whistle:

"I still don't understand Willsbridge's train of thought with regard to the Catholic French and Spanish navys still being a threat to Protestant England Unless he's writing about their fishing fleets "

You wait till a French and Spanish fleet of fishing boats and ferrys take the severn estuary by storm - You wo'nt be mocking then will you :ph34r::wacko:

Bristol is probably the most easy City in the whole world to defend in the event of an attack via the sea !!!!!

Any attacking vessel would have to sail through 3 miles of Avon Gorge with treacherous mud banks and the second fastest tide in the world against them. Plus assorted Bristolian heroes at the top of the Gorge and suspension bridge hurling rocks down at them :baa: Even if an enemy ship made it through to the floating harbour they'd soon attract the attentions of hoards of marauding City fans exiting Ashton Gate. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Any surviving invaders would then have to explain their actions to the half-wit Bristol councillors in their comfy Council Chamber - they'd be bored to death with a politically correct lecture translated into their own language lasting for months :P:ph34r:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Plus assorted Bristolian heroes at the top of the Gorge and suspension bridge hurling rocks down at them "

These same people would be nicked for infringing the French/Spanish human right to invade

"Any attacking vessel would have to sail through 3 miles of Avon Gorge with treacherous mud banks and the second fastest tide in the world against them"

The health and Safety mafia would never allow this - They'd probably insist any invading forces had up to date maps.

"Even if an enemy ship made it through to the floating harbour they'd soon attract the attentions of hoards of marauding City fans exiting Ashton Gate"

The next days evening post will be repoting how Bristol City fans arranged the whole thing over the internet and by phone. On the same page will be an article about how Rovers fans can put butter in their mouths without it melting.

"Plus assorted Bristolian heroes at the top of the Gorge and suspension bridge hurling rocks down at them "

These same people would be nicked for infringing the French/Spanish human right to invade

"Any attacking vessel would have to sail through 3 miles of Avon Gorge with treacherous mud banks and the second fastest tide in the world against them"

The health and Safety mafia would never allow this - They'd probably insist any invading forces had up to date maps.

"Even if an enemy ship made it through to the floating harbour they'd soon attract the attentions of hoards of marauding City fans exiting Ashton Gate"

The next days evening post will be repoting how Bristol City fans arranged the whole thing over the internet and by phone. On the same page will be an article about how Rovers fans can put butter in their mouths without it melting.

:whistle::wacko::ph34r: You win Willsbridge :baa:

I've got the same thread going on the message board at www.bristolcitynet.co.uk to which only QPR fans have replied - and they're getting very irate :ph34r: ....

......I don't know how the dopey Cockneys are going to find Ashton Gate when they think I'm Welsh and that Bristol is in Wales !!!!! :whistle:

I got nothing against Catholics - Just the Catholic Church :ph34r:

I've got a problem with the Monarchy, House of Lords and Church of England - these organisations were all abolished during the English Republican period - and for good reason methinks :P

The British monarchy is a big con especially considering that the rightful heir to the English throne lives in Australia and is a staunch Republican like me :ph34r: Direct any further questions on this to Baldrick (Tony Robinson) as it was his TV programme that exposed the current 'Queen' as an imposter :baa::wacko:

Absolutely class! I bet you never get this kind of discussion on the argyle site..

"We're goin up"

"Yeah. Stuff the brizzol druggies"

"heh heh. yeah"

"hey beavis..."

Mind you, organised religion could teach BCFC a thing or two:

(if you take offence at this, then I'm not having a go at your religion, just one of the other ones :P )

1. Unquestioning support

2. Massive organisation/supporter wealth discrepancies

3. Massive influence with no need to practice what is preached

4. Out of date dogma with no need to make it relevant to society today

5. Corruption with no come-back

Sounds fantastic. If City could do that, they'd be Man Ure! Allegedly.

:ph34r::wacko::ph34r:

However a militant Catholic superpower is dangerous - Spain and France being the 2 previously. Maybe we should be rebuilding the Navy?

Now Wilsbridge, you know the comfortable, and prosperous will never pay money to re-build our armed forces, God defend our way of life, naaah the trendy lefties dont want that at all, gave in to the PIRA, and signs of giving in to muslim extremisism too, while making our forces a shadow of their former size, shame they cant take our military skills out though, and its amzing how we get treated when the ###### hits the fan, abso-bloody-lutely amazing.

Other countries are exactly the same, mainly worse, and now the USA calls the shots, and everybody moans!! If you want a seat up there with, put the money and troops up, not cut back, to spend on illegals fighting deportation, or stupid multi million pound enquiries no-one tells the truth at. The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance, and that, I'm afraid costs..close run thing in 1940, and todays world is much more dangerous, than a one knackered paperhanger, with a hygene and race problem

Archived