IGNORED

The Next Two Games

Dolman Block B

Then Wolves away, Chalton home, Ipswich away, Leicester home.

Now don't know about you lot, but when the fixtures came out, November made me shudder.

I mean, big teams, all been in Prem recently,and really could,nt see where a point was coming from.

Now, we have these two home games, and tbh i honestly think we can WIN both now, and all of a sudden the four after just don't hold any fear anymore!!!!

Great to be City fan chaps, lets make the most of it...Arn

Eleven games and 20 points. John Hartson and all the other "bigtime" players should all be afraid, very afraid. The West Country team is just that, a fantastic team and all these clubs we will be meeting in the next 6 weeks will know they've been in a football game.

Win, draw or lose it is bloody fantastic being a City fan at the moment. We've had our Downs. Now we're having the Ups. Long may it continue. Bring on the Saints on Wednesday. We owe them for Easter 1965!!

Eleven games and 20 points. John Hartson and all the other "bigtime" players should all be afraid, very afraid. The West Country team is just that, a fantastic team and all these clubs we will be meeting in the next 6 weeks will know they've been in a football game.

Win, draw or lose it is bloody fantastic being a City fan at the moment. We've had our Downs. Now we're having the Ups. Long may it continue. Bring on the Saints on Wednesday. We owe them for Easter 1965!!

Sorry to be a thick feker, but what happened Easter 1965? :noexpression:

It was City's first season in Div 2 after getting promotion the previous season from the old Div 3 (the same situation as now)

We played Saints home and away over easter and although we were the better team over the 2 games they luckily got a draw and a win (3 points - then) and went on to win promotion to the old Div I (now Prem). City finished 5th but would have finished 2nd had we taken the 3 points (instead of 1 pt) off the Saints - that our performances deserved.

So basically they nicked our promotion - what would have been back to back promotion and a chance to play in the top flight.

John Atyeo retired after the last game of the season and we never had the chance again until 10 years later and the Dicks team of 1976.

So - if we beat them on Wednesday - it could be an omen that back to back promotion is coming!!!!!!!!!!

CR

Nothing. Just seeing if you were awake! I meant Easter 1966 when we played them either side of Easter Sunday. We lost 0-1 at home on Good Friday in front of 25,106 and drew 2-2 away on Easter Monday in front of 23,120. They got promoted with 54 points and we finished 5th with 51 points.

So we owe them!!

well...yes ,but we did dump them out of the cup in the 4th round the next season was MOST satisfying!

Yes it was and in front of 38,017 at Ashton Gate on 18 Feb 1967. 1-0 Terry Bush. JUst thought you'd all like the details!!

Spot on mate.......

I reacon 4 points from the next two games. A draw with Southampton and a win against Stoke.

Watched Saints v Cardiff on Sky earlier and Soton were very lucky to hang to a 1-0 win.They didn't look like a team playing with much confidence.I'm sure that if City can get at them early on and maybe nick a goal then a win is most certainly possible.

Stoke got beat 2-4 at home to lowly Wednesday yesterday and face a tough game at Palace mid-week.They'll come to AG under pressure.No doubt about that.

Six points from our next two games is a distinct possibilty.

Post-match BBC quote:

Stoke boss Tony Pulis:

"We've been papering over the cracks for a while.

"We've got away with it but we didn't today and looked fragile. WE're pretty threadbare. We weren't at the races in the first half.

"But I thought we got the ascendancy in the second - once they got the third goal though, that knocked us flying."

Doesn't sound too positive about the team. If they lose away at struggling Palace on Tuesday, I'd fancy our chances.

Then Wolves away, Chalton home, Ipswich away, Leicester home.

Now don't know about you lot, but when the fixtures came out, November made me shudder.

I mean, big teams, all been in Prem recently,and really could,nt see where a point was coming from.

Now, we have these two home games, and tbh i honestly think we can WIN both now, and all of a sudden the four after just don't hold any fear anymore!!!!

Great to be City fan chaps, lets make the most of it...Arn

Arn, i hate to put a downer on everything but Norwich murdered us in the first 25 mins yesterday. If we play like that against the teams you have named above i fear the worst!

HOWEVER......if we play like we did in the second half yesterday, i reckon we will take 6 points off soton and stoke, a point of wolves, defeat at Ipswich and a point against Leicester.

What do you think?

Watched Saints v Cardiff on Sky earlier and Soton were very lucky to hang to a 1-0 win.They didn't look like a team playing with much confidence.I'm sure that if City can get at them early on and maybe nick a goal then a win is most certainly possible.

Stoke got beat 2-4 at home to lowly Wednesday yesterday and face a tough game at Palace mid-week.They'll come to AG under pressure.No doubt about that.

Agree.

I watched and would not say they are as good as our lot.

Or is it that we have become that good?

Got to agree. Saints didnt look the best of teams. And, depsite starting brightly, Cardiff didnt really offer much either. Lloyd Dyer looked a bit dangerous with hs pace and Bradley Wright-Phillips, but both looked inexperienced and could be easily rattled.

Stoke, well, i'm sure Clueless will have them fired up for their game on Tuesday after losing 4-2 at home to Sheffield Weds, and that could carry on to the game with us next saturday.

4 points is a real possibility with 6 there for the taking aswell.

Got to agree. Saints didnt look the best of teams. And, depsite starting brightly, Cardiff didnt really offer much either. Lloyd Dyer looked a bit dangerous with hs pace and Bradley Wright-Phillips, but both looked inexperienced and could be easily rattled.

Stoke, well, i'm sure Clueless will have them fired up for their game on Tuesday after losing 4-2 at home to Sheffield Weds, and that could carry on to the game with us next saturday.

4 points is a real possibility with 6 there for the taking aswell.

For all of you who wish to se what Stoke fans think of clueless at the moment, pop over to City,s Rivals site.

They cant stand him....should be fun

Archived