IGNORED

Poor Crowds

westonred

Currently we are 2nd in the championship and are a credit to Bristol Football so where are all you stay away supporters?? It wasn't long ago that we took 45,000 to the Millenium stadium.

The crowds we are getting at the moment is a disgrace and makes us laughing stock..

Our crowds ought to be on a par with Stoke Wolves Southampton etc but at present it is not happening

I have followed BCFC for over 40 years and seen us top of the old 1st division (premiership now) only for 24 hours and have also seen us bottom of the 4th division but have never stopped following the boys in red and white and turned up home and away.

We need all of you part time supporters to stop staying away and come down and support GJ and the boys and roar us on to greater things.

When you think that Norwich yes Norwich get an average attendance of 23,000 it makes us look pretty poor doesnt it..

Ticket Prices.

People are fed up of being ripped off at football and have finally said enough is enough.

Ticket prices - £23 - £32

Lager - £3

Pasty/Pie - £2.50??

Program - £2.50

If you got a couple of kids that go it adds up - This is all on top with the cost of living going up all the time, house prices at an all time high etc and this is why our attendences are crap.

Currently we are 2nd in the championship and are a credit to Bristol Football so where are all you stay away supporters?? It wasn't long ago that we took 45,000 to the Millenium stadium.

The crowds we are getting at the moment is a disgrace and makes us laughing stock..

Our crowds ought to be on a par with Stoke Wolves Southampton etc but at present it is not happening

I have followed BCFC for over 40 years and seen us top of the old 1st division (premiership now) only for 24 hours and have also seen us bottom of the 4th division but have never stopped following the boys in red and white and turned up home and away.

We need all of you part time supporters to stop staying away and come down and support GJ and the boys and roar us on to greater things.

When you think that Norwich yes Norwich get an average attendance of 23,000 it makes us look pretty poor doesnt it..

I to have been for over 40 years blah,blah, blah;used to go to all home and most away; I now find other things like seeing the world are more attractive; especailly with the current restrictions on my fav end. I will wait till they are lifted :surrender:

some are blaming it on the cost, but that's just an excuse, real reason is that City fans in general are VERY FICKLE and have various excuses why they can't be bothered to go.

as for your other points,

as for your other point, we do actually have a higher average attendance than Stoke, as for Wolves and Southampton, in all honestly we aren't as big as club as either of them, they have both played premiership football recently and have well established large fan bases.

oh and we only take just over 40k to the mill stad, not 45k, but for games like that you get people turning up who aren't even City fans and are just looking at a nice day out in a big ground

I to have been for over 40 years blah,blah, blah;used to go to all home and most away; I now find other things like seeing the world are more attractive; especailly with the current restrictions on my fav end. I will wait till they are lifted :surrender:

an example of previous mentioned excuse for not going.

No excuse mate.... I am off sick and have been on no pay for 6 months but i will still find the money to follow the boys

I admire your devotion.Have you got a wife ,kids ,mortgage, or are you alone with no other commitments? if the latter is true fair play ,if not, well .You must have been around long enough to realise that it takes a prolonged period of success to increase average attendances at any club,given time and a bit of success our crowds will increase.

Well westonred, explain if your on the club, no income, you find the funds to follow the boys?

Not a dig, just interested as many others who are in work, cant afford

Because the money i do get i spend following the boys...

It just p'ees me off when you look at the poor crowds we are getting compared to other teams from City's not as big as Bristol...

We ought to be getting crowds on a par with Manchester, Leeds, Stoke, etc

It just p'ees me off when you look at the poor crowds we are getting compared to other teams from City's not as big as Bristol...

I reckon you have spend some of your bunce on super strength cider - We should not be getting crowds anywhere near either manchester sides!

eh??? for starters Manchester and Leeds are both Bigger than Bristol...... and Stoke get LOWER ATTENDANCES than US.

and never in our time have we had any equal levels of success or equal level of attendances?

much as I'd love it to happen, your being VERY OVER AMBITIOUS

some are blaming it on the cost, but that's just an excuse, real reason is that City fans in general are VERY FICKLE and have various excuses why they can't be bothered to go.

City fans are very loyal. Years of under achievement saw Citys gates remain steady around eleven and a half thousand for nine seasons.

Its cost and a steady stream of being taken for granted which has left its mark on gate figures this season.

All i am trying to say is for a City as big in population as Bristol and the surrounding catchment area for the football we are currently playing we deserve to be getting bigger crowds than we are getting and whatever the prices of tickets we ought to be selling out Ashton Gate every week..

Well mate, the money you get, you follow the boys, is a class comment.

All i am trying to say is for a City as big in population as Bristol and the surrounding catchment area for the football we are currently playing we deserve to be getting bigger crowds than we are getting and whatever the prices of tickets we ought to be selling out Ashton Gate every week..

The reasons have been explained before many times- mainly down to ticket prices. You may be able to afford it but thousands can't.

So.. not a REAL fan then? just a Yeah, I quite like them..sort of guy.

It's ok nowt wrong with that.

We ought to be selling out but will not. But using your theory as an example Arsenal should get gates of 500,000 or London having thirty five league clubs. Transient population comes into it, lack of history a little but the over riding factor is price.

eh??? for starters Manchester and Leeds are both Bigger than Bristol...... and Stoke get LOWER ATTENDANCES than US.

and never in our time have we had any equal levels of success or equal level of attendances?

much as I'd love it to happen, your being VERY OVER AMBITIOUS

Theres nothing wrong with being ambitious..

And yes i know that Manchester and Leeds are both bigger than Bristol but why cant we compete with citys like them .. And as for stoke if they were 2nd in the league they would be pulling in crowds of 25,000+

And yes i know that Manchester and Leeds are both bigger than Bristol but why cant we compete with citys like them .. And as for stoke if they were 2nd in the league they would be pulling in crowds of 25,000+

No chance, Stokes average attendance is 13,557 . Lower than ours. They were in the top 6, and they attracted 14,000 yesterday against a team 60 miles up the road. Around 12,500 home fans.

I agree that our gates should be higher, but no way near the figures you suggest.

Stokes attendances are shocking for how established they are! And theyr only 3 points behind us! If they were 2nd i doubt it would change by 10000 odd!

It is the prices, but there needs to be some give and take.

You can sacrifice beer, programmes, pies etc quite easily if thats an issue.

Other habits just have to be cut down if people want to go to the footy; fags, trips to the pub, takeaways for the whole family etc. all eat away at disposable income which could be spent on tickets.

But then its a choice, so nobody should feel obliged to do anything.

I think its a bit cheeky to propose that 40,000 from the Mill Stad all cant afford it though.

It is the prices, but there needs to be some give and take.

You can sacrifice beer, programmes, pies etc quite easily if thats an issue.

Other habits just have to be cut down if people want to go to the footy; fags, trips to the pub, takeaways for the whole family etc. all eat away at disposable income which could be spent on tickets.

Yes, change your lifestyle for football, I can see that being a winner.

http://www.citystats.org.uk/search.asp?txt...amp;selAbandon=

during the famous 1975-76 promotion season we had 9 home games

with a lower attendance than this season's average,

in fact crowds didn't start to grow until the promotion run-in

in the spring of '76

If we stay in the top 6 this season, crowds will go up,

and by the end of the season the ground won't be big enough :englandsmile4wf:

So.. not a REAL fan then? just a Yeah, I quite like them..sort of guy.

It's ok nowt wrong with that.

Your right I`m not a real fan (what is that) I`m glad its o.k with you though :tongue:

We ought to be selling out but will not. But using your theory as an example Arsenal should get gates of 500,000 or London having thirty five league clubs. Transient population comes into it, lack of history a little but the over riding factor is price.

Leeds is not bigger than Bristol. The size of Leeds is based on a conurbation band linked with Bradford. Bear in mind that the size of Bristol is based on the City limits that are at least 1 - 3 miles inside of what most of us class as Bristol. So the realism of 500k living in Bristol to 1.8m living in greater Bristol, why shouldnt we get the crowds we are looking for.

Just to add to the point, things won't change 38.5k against Liverpool in the same season and 16k against Norwich.

Archived