IGNORED

Should Trundle Start

BITW

I didnt actually go to norwich so i don't know how byfield played. Just wondering what others think the team should be. After two brilliant wins I'm not sure i would change the team, but noble and trundle together does sound promising. Your views...

tough one as normally for me it's always a case of never change a winning team......however.......the subs which included bringing Trundle on, turned the game so I'd be tempted to almost start Trundle against Southampton.

tough one though to be honest, but a nice position to be in.

I was actually at norwich and thought trundles goal was quality and typical trundle , but with the system johnsons playing i think he would have alot of running to do and whether u like it or not thats not trundles game, so i would stick with byfield for now even though i don't think he had a great game yesterday ( worked hard ) Also it looks like fontaine may be missing so thats going to be 1 change think that will be enough changes for now

tough one as normally for me it's always a case of never change a winning team......however.......the subs which included bringing Trundle on, turned the game so I'd be tempted to almost start Trundle against Southampton.

tough one though to be honest, but a nice position to be in.

IMO i don't think the subs changed the game i thought at the time we were all over them and they were there for the taking , there goal came from a poor bradly c**k up apart from that at that time they really didnt look like they were going to score

I was actually at norwich and thought trundles goal was quality and typical trundle , but with the system johnsons playing i think he would have alot of running to do and whether u like it or not thats not trundles game, so i would stick with byfield for now even though i don't think he had a great game yesterday ( worked hard ) Also it looks like fontaine may be missing so thats going to be 1 change think that will be enough changes for now

Thing is Kev, GJ can bring in McCombe, and what a player that lad is.

Fontaine has been play of the season for me, was never first choice in Rovers league, but has been a shining example so far this season.

Thing is, out for a while, but tough as s h i t for the lad to get back in.

City really do have a great squad

The only worry for me is will boom boom mcombe come in and unsettle the defence as however good he was last year fontaine has been absolutley superb and again was one of the best performers yesterday for me after the first 10 mins when the middle 2 at the back were all at sea but then improved , also surprised no one has commented yet thought the referee yesterday was pretty poor especially in the first half give us nothing

The only worry for me is will boom boom mcombe come in and unsettle the defence as however good he was last year fontaine has been absolutley superb and again was one of the best performers yesterday for me after the first 10 mins when the middle 2 at the back were all at sea but then improved , also surprised no one has commented yet thought the referee yesterday was pretty poor especially in the first half give us nothing

I am sure it will be the same side except McCombe in for Fontaine if injured. I thought Fontaine was outstanding yesterday. However I thought McCombe looked comfortable in the few minutes that he played including one excellent tackle. I don't think Trundle would be suitable as the lone striker instead of Byfield, although he can obviously do a job late on when defences tire. If anything, he could do Noble's job if he was injured. I thought the ref had a very good game yesterday. I hardly noticed him and could not argue with hardly any of his decisions.

I am sure it will be the same side except McCombe in for Fontaine if injured. I thought Fontaine was outstanding yesterday. However I thought McCombe looked comfortable in the few minutes that he played including one excellent tackle. I don't think Trundle would be suitable as the lone striker instead of Byfield, although he can obviously do a job late on when defences tire. If anything, he could do Noble's job if he was injured. I thought the ref had a very good game yesterday. I hardly noticed him and could not argue with hardly any of his decisions.

You obviously missed the handball against orr after about 5 mins when with orrs hands in front of his chest the ball was rifled at him from about 2 yards and handball was given, they nearly scored from this and then this lead to our 10 / 15 mins of all hands to the pump

Why would GJ change a side that has performed so well over the past two games. Trundles goal was a good un but I don't think it should chnage the side for Wednesday.

The formation is working is working great, but I don't think it suits trundle, who has got the fitness to play as a lone striker. Byfield is great for this.

As long as we keep winning, and winning well, the team should stay the same barring injuries

I agree - two match winners on the pitch.

Byfield has done nothing wrong, but Trundle does have that extra bit of class which can make all the difference.

Yes, trundle does that little bit extra, but we haven't seen much of it this season. He has been dropped, and will play the subs roll until we hit a bad patch, or Byfield gets injured, has a bad couple of games etc.

Just because he scores a goal late on in the game, doesn't mean he can just waltz back into the team. But it does now put Byfield under a bit of pressure to get a goal soon.

I think thats patently obvious.

But the goal he scored killed off the game - much better seeing it out 3-1 up than 2-1 I think you'd have to agree. And most players would have headed for the corner and ended up giving possession away - he just scored a very good individual goal, which he is good at.

We all have opinions of LT, but you don't seem to see any good in him whatsoever judging from your many posts on the subject - even his goal yesterday didn't count in your eyes.

Take the blinkers off mate and see him for what he is - a cut above most in this division.

Sorry Cynic, but LT has a lot more to prove to be a "cut above the rest".

Lets look at the flip side, going to the corner late on in the game is what most good pros do, If Lee had have lost the ball and they went up the other end of the pitch and equalized, it would have been a totally different thread today wouldn't it?

His goal was great and I was cheering my head off and scaring my kids in the front room, but as I said all along I will reserve judgement on Lee until I see more consistancy from him, not one goal every six or seven games.

When I see it, I'll be the first to sing his praises like any other player in the team :innocent06:

Belfast are you as critical of all the other city players , if you are after yesterdays mistake bradley would never wear a city shirt again . you have to judge all squad members on there merets and critisize all players evenly , for eg i remember matt hewlett getting slagged for making the same mistakes as tommy doc but all the crowd would say was hard luck tommy, but they would want to hang matt hewlett

I didnt actually go to norwich so i don't know how byfield played. Just wondering what others think the team should be. After two brilliant wins I'm not sure i would change the team, but noble and trundle together does sound promising. Your views...

None of them have impressed so far - except when coming on as a sub. Yes, Trundle scored twice against S****horpe but that was a while ago.

Belfast are you as critical of all the other city players , if you are after yesterdays mistake bradley would never wear a city shirt again . you have to judge all squad members on there merets and critisize all players evenly , for eg i remember matt hewlett getting slagged for making the same mistakes as tommy doc but all the crowd would say was hard luck tommy, but they would want to hang matt hewlett

I am critical of all, Orr's mistake was poor and he got a poor rating in the tabs. I try to be evenly critical of all the team but most of the focus on the forum is on LT23 and Lee Johnson so it's hard not to look as if you are against a single player. I'll argue my point over ever player in the team.

I listened to the game on BCFC World, it sounded like Orr had a good game up to his mistake. But I do understand your point.

Just saw the goal scored yesterday on world. Quality run down the wing and quality finish past the keeper. I think he may do well for us as an impact player like Murray. Keep him on the bench and see what he does for us after an hour. If he scores matchwinners like that things will only get better for lee!

Just saw the goal scored yesterday on world. Quality run down the wing and quality finish past the keeper. I think he may do well for us as an impact player like Murray. Keep him on the bench and see what he does for us after an hour. If he scores matchwinners like that things will only get better for lee!

I think you might have touched on something there, his goal was quality, if he comes on at the right time, his runs against tired legs will pay dividends.

But would Lee be happy to become an impact player?

I am critical of all, Orr's mistake was poor and he got a poor rating in the tabs. I try to be evenly critical of all the team but most of the focus on the forum is on LT23 and Lee Johnson so it's hard not to look as if you are against a single player. I'll argue my point over ever player in the team.

I listened to the game on BCFC World, it sounded like Orr had a good game up to his mistake. But I do understand your point.

Orr was superb up to mistake then superb after it

Just got back from Norwich! I think we should keep the same team as bringing LT on as a sub (and Murray) can scare the opposition! Sproule was limping when he left the field so he and Fontaine may both be doubts for Wednesday. If so we can bring on McCombe and Murray with Vasko and Wilson getting a chance on the bench - great squad and the Norwich fans I spoke to were very envious of our side. How they would love to have someone like Trundle...they had to put up with a clearly unfit Hartson on loan to try to get goals. Their left back also looked like he was going to poo his pants every time City attachked in the second half. Gary will also be looking at the Southampton side and no doubt may want to change things around to play on their weaknesses and negate and threat.

I think you might have touched on something there, his goal was quality, if he comes on at the right time, his runs against tired legs will pay dividends.

But would Lee be happy to become an impact player?

I'm sure he wouldnt care as long as he scores goals and we win the game!! At the end of the day football is about teamwork and if its an impact player or 90 minutes on the field its the winning that counts.

that was brads one mistake in the game ...... and it was his tackle to win the ball, and pass to trundle that made our third goal .......

byfield ran the channels non stop until he was subbed, and dragged defenders about everywhere, and for all trudles talent, he's not built to do that .......

so no change for me except maybe mccombe for fontaine ....... if he's still injured.

and mcindoe to stay wider on the left, not play centre midfield, ...... that is until its time for him to sneak in to head his goals

:englandsmile4wf:

that was brads one mistake in the game ...... and it was his tackle to win the ball, and pass to trundle that made our third goal ....... I totally agree with you

byfield ran the channels non stop until he was subbed, and dragged defenders about everywhere, and for all trudles talent, he's not built to do that ....... Correct, thats why the team should remain the same

so no change for me except maybe mccombe for fontaine ....... if he's still injured. Yes

and mcindoe to stay wider on the left, not play centre midfield, ...... that is until its time for him to sneak in to head his goals I love Macindoe, he is coming on in leaps and bounds

that was brads one mistake in the game ...... and it was his tackle to win the ball, and pass to trundle that made our third goal .......

byfield ran the channels non stop until he was subbed, and dragged defenders about everywhere, and for all trudles talent, he's not built to do that .......

so no change for me except maybe mccombe for fontaine ....... if he's still injured.

and mcindoe to stay wider on the left, not play centre midfield, ...... that is until its time for him to sneak in to head his goals

McIndoe is a cleaver player and should continue with his runs in mid park. Lacks the pace to play a traditional left winger going round his man.

Good points!

Archived