IGNORED

Should Trundle Start

BITW

Should Trundle start against Southampton? No.

Unless he is forced to change things by injuries Johnson will start with the same squad.

Trundle needs another striker to play alongside and that would mean changing the whole formation.

Agreed. To play that role up top alone you need to have pace and Trundle dosen't have any, even though Byfield probably had his poorest showing in a City shirt on Saturday i'd start with the same 11 and depending on how the game is going Id bring him on in the latter stages.

Agreed. To play that role up top alone you need to have pace and Trundle dosen't have any, even though Byfield probably had his poorest showing in a City shirt on Saturday i'd start with the same 11 and depending on how the game is going Id bring him on in the latter stages.

I am totally for and against all of the formations that we are discussing they all have there pluses and minuses just goes to show we have a pretty decent squad and hopefully a fit again enoch and brooker, oh and by the way the argument about trundle not being able to play the lone striker up front because he lacks pace doesnt stand up for me, the reason being the best player to play the lone striker over the last 20 years with his back to goal and he didnt posses much pace was mark hughes :coat:

Hopefully Fontaine and Sproule will be fit for Wednesday so we can keep the same side. Fontaine has been outstanding this season and Sproule has now started to show us what he can do in his correct position. I like it when Mcindoe cuts across the midfield with the ball as he pulls the defence all over the place creating space for others. Byfield should keep his place as he worked his socks off with little or no help running the channels all afternoon.

Archived