IGNORED

Tommy Doc

NEWTONRED66

Nice to see one of City's best back The Doc has fully recoverd from his recent illness and back playing.Good Luck Tommy all the very best hope it works out for you.

Scroll to the bottom of link.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/WTPSD...1149689,00.html

Yea is back and fit saw him other day as His brother lives next door to me, has had a hard time of it with Injuries, what ever you think of Tommy since he left the blokes a alright chap

Cetainly NOT a city legend!

All depends how you define" legend" personally i loved watching him play but he just never achieved the heights that his talents merited but all in all a top bloke, some say Tinnion is a legend, certainly not my opinion with the way he threw his dummy out of the pram since giving up playing for us

All depends how you define" legend" personally i loved watching him play but he just never achieved the heights that his talents merited but all in all a top bloke, some say Tinnion is a legend, certainly not my opinion with the way he threw his dummy out of the pram since giving up playing for us

Tinnion was a legend as a player regardless of what he did as manager.

Tinnion was a legend as a player regardless of what he did as manager.

Tinnion was not a legend in my eyes, i suppose you forgot when Tinnion stuck 2 fingers up at the crowd?? Also people only think he was a legend because he played over 500 games, How many goals did he score, he had 2 or 3 above average seasons in 12 or so in my opinion.

Tinnion was not a legend in my eyes, i suppose you forgot when Tinnion stuck 2 fingers up at the crowd?? Also people only think he was a legend because he played over 500 games, How many goals did he score, he had 2 or 3 above average seasons in 12 or so in my opinion.

When did he stick 2 fingers up to the crowd? your not getting him mixed up?!

i know everyone is entitled to an opinion, and we should respect the individual, etc - but you're just wrong. wrong wrong wrong. wash your mouth out!

tommy doc? not a legend in my opinion. symbolises "old city" in underachieving and never fulfilling potential. People say "ahhh, but he was so committed! always gave 100%!" b***ocks!!!! being committed and giving 100% means working hard 7 days per week, looking after yourself, and not (for example) smoking and drinking. Tommy would through himself into a tackle when the fella was within lunging range - but compare that with the kind of fitness Marvin Elliot has, and the dedication that must sit behind such fitness - and the contrast is huge.

but at least there's cause for debate with Tommy. With Tinnion there isnt. He's a Bristol City Legend, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. end of.

i know everyone is entitled to an opinion, and we should respect the individual, etc - but you're just wrong. wrong wrong wrong. wash your mouth out!

tommy doc? not a legend in my opinion. symbolises "old city" in underachieving and never fulfilling potential. People say "ahhh, but he was so committed! always gave 100%!" b***ocks!!!! being committed and giving 100% means working hard 7 days per week, looking after yourself, and not (for example) smoking and drinking. Tommy would through himself into a tackle when the fella was within lunging range - but compare that with the kind of fitness Marvin Elliot has, and the dedication that must sit behind such fitness - and the contrast is huge.

but at least there's cause for debate with Tommy. With Tinnion there isnt. He's a Bristol City Legend, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. end of.

Agreed! Tins put up with a lot during the bad times, even spat at in Broadmead :disapointed2se: and was still a true professional......and who can forget Anfield!! Greame Souness won't forget the name :innocent06:

Agreed! Tins put up with a lot during the bad times, even spat at in Broadmead :disapointed2se: and was still a true professional......and who can forget Anfield!! Greame Souness won't forget the name :innocent06:

And there lies the problem - one goal against Liverpool, How can somebody who played the majority of there career in Div 3 be a legend? I'm enttitled to my opinion and that opinion is that Brian Tinnion is NOT a city legend.

And there lies the problem - one goal against Liverpool, How can somebody who played the majority of there career in Div 3 be a legend? I'm enttitled to my opinion and that opinion is that Brian Tinnion is NOT a city legend.

because his team spent majority of its time in div 3 when he played for them.

and no, that wasnt tinnion's fault before you suggest it!!

Top post,agree with all of that.

I think people could relate to Tommy because he was a Bristolian who was a a bit of a lad who enjoyed a beer,but a legend....Never. Try unprofessional billy big b***ocks who pissed his talent away by drinking and smoking.

Not for me thanks give me any of Bristol City midfielder today over him.

Tommy Who?

Tommy was eclipsed during his time here by Tinnion. And our recent success has eclipsed his memory.

Do we miss a Tommy Doherty from our team? No. Would he fit in under our current successful regime? No.

A legend for me is someone you look at and go you helped our club massively in the time you were here. Did Tommy? Nope. It's also someone you'd welcome back at the height of their powers for you. Tommy as was, would be sitting on the bench right now if he was even in the squad.

Tommy hasn't contributed massively to our history, and he's not someone to aspire to be.

I don't understand the Tommy hero worship. The Tommy hero worship in Tommy's mind probably stopped him fulfilling his potential.

"Played the majority of his career in the third division"

So that would rule John Atyeo out, too, would it?

No not really. John Ateyo was England class. Brian Tinnion was most certainly not. And Bob Taylor (as mentioned by the other poster) was Premiership class. Brian Tinnion was most certainly not (yes he could do amazing things with his left foot when given time at third and maybe second division level at a push but that is has far as his ability went).

Tinnion was a very talented LOWER LEAGUE player but not a legend in my opinion. I don't want anyone to lose their rag over it, though, as it's only an opinion.

:englandsmile4wf: don't talk so much crap.Tinman is a legend and most fans would agree :englandsmile4wf:

In the context of where City were for the majority of the past 15 years he is a legend. If he isn't a legend of recent times how the hell to get to be one at this club? Do you have to travel back in time and play for us in the late 70's?

I would also say that playing 500 games in this day and age is legendary status alone. Most players barely last 50 games these days.

No not really. John Ateyo was England class. Brian Tinnion was most certainly not. And Bob Taylor (as mentioned by the other poster) was Premiership class. Brian Tinnion was most certainly not (yes he could do amazing things with his left foot when given time at third and maybe second division level at a push but that is has far as his ability went).

Tinnion was a very talented LOWER LEAGUE player but not a legend in my opinion. I don't want anyone to lose their rag over it, though, as it's only an opinion.

he played over 500 games for the club - not many will beat that. he was also a fantastic, graceful footballer - no, he wasnt international class or prem class, but he was season in, season out in amongst the best players at the club, and he brought great pleasure to anyone with half a brain who watched him.

we are not a big club, and we don't have much of a history. In the context of the last two and a half mostly dark decades of football, and i guess in the context of 100 years of mostly lower division football - Brian Tinnion is a legend, and will be still talked about in 40 years time.

he played over 500 games for the club - not many will beat that. he was also a fantastic, graceful footballer - no, he wasnt international class or prem class, but he was season in, season out in amongst the best players at the club, and he brought great pleasure to anyone with half a brain who watched him.

we are not a big club, and we don't have much of a history. In the context of the last two and a half mostly dark decades of football, and i guess in the context of 100 years of mostly lower division football - Brian Tinnion is a legend, and will be still talked about in 40 years time.

Gawd, we must have some hard times ahead.

This is my point - just becasue he played over 500 games for a 3rd division club so what? Legend No -In the last 20 years the only player that ive seen in the whole of football who will probs go down as a legend will be Ryan Giggs for Man United or Tony Adams for Arsenal. You have to win things to get legendry status.

Archived