IGNORED

Have We Got To The Stage Yet ?

A Horse With No Name

I was just wondering , with a virtually full Championship programme tonight, whether you think we have reached the stage yet where we are hoping and praying for defeats for the other sides at the top of the table. Do we hope that Watford, West Brom, Charlton and all the other genuine promotion contenders get beaten, to possibly strengthen our own chances, or are the majority of us just enjoying what we have , while we have it, and are realistic enough to realise that it cannot last forever.

For the last several seasons, as we struggled to get out of the dreaded League 1, I always looked at defeats for the likes of Forest, Swansea, Tranmere and the like as crucial to our possible success, but does that mindset still hold true this season ?

Or is it a case of, let the big boys pick up all the points they want to, and the likes of QPR, Blackpool, Cardiff, Hull etc are the real teams we should be looking at to get beaten, because realistically, come the end of the season we are more likely to be battling them. I hope not, and really don't think that will be the case, but what do others think?

but what do others think?

I think we need to stop all this talk of "punching above our weight", "let's not get too excited yet", "there's a long way to go" etc. If the players and management thought like this we'd end up getting relegated.

We're 2nd on merit. We ARE better than every team below us.

We have the best manager in the Championship

We have the best team spirit in the Championship

We have the best defensive midfielder in the Championship

We have the fastest winger in the Championship

We've probably got the worst pies, but who gives a shit?

YOU REDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I think we need to stop all this talk of "punching above our weight", "let's not get too excited yet", "there's a long way to go" etc. If the players and management thought like this we'd end up getting relegated.

Well said Sir. The pies are not that bad though..

I thought about this at the weekend when Charlton-Wolves was on. To be honest I'm enjoying being able to just will the City on for a win each game, knowing that even a defeat won't put us under pressure.

Thinking about it also made me realise I had no idea of the other sides are up the top end of the table except or Watford!

So I guess I think that if the leaders and those around us lose; great. But I'm going to enjoy simply looking out for our results.

I think we should just concentrate on Bristol City rather than worrying about how others do. GJ has assembled a strong side and I can see us getting better and better.

There will be bad days, but I think the good days will outnumber the bad, I have no doubt. Will we have a chance to reach the play-offs or beyond, who knows, but it is going to be bloody fun finding out!

Good times!

Hull beat Barnsleyt 3-0 last night and I thought that was great as Barnsley stay three points below us...so I guess I'm looking at the top of the table. Let's worry about the botom teams if we slip down the league (which I don't think we will on our current form). Catching Watford should be the priority at the moment.

Look I am sure we all love how we are doing but having a relaity check is no bad thing - if you look at the top ten now I think we have not played most of them and of the two we have played we have drawn at home and lost - if we stay second or in the top 6 great but even after 11 games we have a long way to go before we get to confident

Yep! thats dead right - after 11 games. You don't get promoted or reach the play-offs in October

Cardiff last season started very well and were up around the top 6 during the early part of the season but they fell away. I'm not saying that City will do the same but Cardiff are an example of how tough it is to stay up there in the CCC. Conversely Sunderland were very close to the drop zone this time last season and they are now in the promised land - in other words it can all change over 46 games. Its a marathon not a sprint.

Lets hope that Johnson and his players can keep the currant form going for another 35 games.

For someone who I think alot of in terms of their postings, what self indulgent crap.

For someone who I think alot of in terms of their postings, what self indulgent crap.

I don't know Moomy.....apart from best Manager in the Championship (he is great but I think there are others with better records at higher levels) then he is not far away with the rest

Best spirit - yes probably

Best defensive Midfielder - Yes probably - or at least fast becoming

Fastest Winger - Yes - not much doubt about that

Worst Pies - YES..obviously

However.........all that does not equal instant promo still need best striker ( or at least 2nd or 3rd best)

I don't know its the realists view but as many draws as possible would suit me tonight. That way the teams around us don't take full points and leepfrog us, the teams at the bottom only get one point closer to our tally. Then if we draw tomorrow there is one less game and the same league situation, if we win we take advanrtage, if we loose only a point lost on the rest of the leaders.

:)

Yea, depends on how many of say the top table you've played - but being 2nd after 10 games is no fluke.

Tis early days for both teams. Bardiff, and Lu'on last season to prove that point. BTW how many tickets do we get in your ground now?

Last time they did that, we were walking just behind them! :fingerscrossed:
10 seasons ago aswell. The signs are looking good :fingerscrossed:

But if we did go up in second we would still get some on here who would be disappointed we didn't win the league.

And so say ME...

Lets face it if anyone does come here and nicks a point at least we can content ourselves that we have poisoned the ######s.

Joking aside...As our talismatic Brizilian Goalkeeper would say BELIEVE and live the dream...

Archived