IGNORED

Crying - A Womans Thing

Br 1st ol

Guest Bootylicious

I'm surprised at how many of you guys have cried over football - especially City! :ph34r: I always thought it was a 'girl thang' to cry?!

The only time ive cried over City was last season when Cardiff beat us in the play offs. I was gutted :wacko:

Just hope we're not left feeling the same again this season!

I can't think that I've even cryed when we have lost, I've been gutted and numb then . I have only cryed when I have been so proud of our boys, promotions and Wembley (the first time only!). One of the best moments was clawing our way out of the old 4th division. Also when when we beat Sheff Utd to get promoted, in that strange season when we were playing to go up and they were playing not to come down! What a night! Tears of joy are much better than the sad ones! :ph34r:

I've not shed a tear over City; I've been through too many emotions with them and nothing surprises me about them. I've never known a club like City for being able, in every decade I've followed them, to be able to snatch despair from the jaws of triumph.

I read that Nick Hornby book, Fever Pitch, and wondered if anyone could do a similar thing about City. It'd be a better read as Arsenal have always been up there in the top league, but City have been in all 4 divisions and have experienced more lows and subsequently climbed steeper into joy than Arsenal will ever do.

But no, I've shed no tears for City. I don't think I have any to weep as I've cried inside too many times - 1976 promotion to Div 1, 1977 the Great Escape at Coventry, 1982 near death then resurrection, 1983 promotion out of Div 4, 1986 Wembley victory, 1987 Wembley defeat.... I could go on but I'll let others highlight or lowlight their personal experiences.

Guest east_dundry_red

Cry -no

tears - YES

When we were relegated

When we lost the wembley

When we won the LDV Trophy

Other sporting evets

Only time ive ever cryed was when england won the world cup last eyar. When it comes to the footie world cup it would be nice to win it but dont feel dissapointed when we dont. When it comes to the rugby world cup thast when i really get behind a team other than city.

In japan i never got up earley for a game For the rugby i got up EVERY DAY to watch games. Sorry but id rather we win the rugby than the football.

Generally feel more emotional in victory, when really proud and it feels like all the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

In defeat I desend into black depression and get in a foul mood   

That might just explain the week i've been having! :ph34r::baa::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::blink::blink::ph34r::wacko:

Only sporting event that has lead me to tears was the Rugby World Cup (2003)....
Yeah me too, cos we 'ad you beat at 'arf time look you bach!

Seriously, I've never cried in defeat - that just tells you you need to do better.

The one time I was moved to tears - of uncontrollable joy - was Anfield 10 years ago ... that was my City that night (actually achieving something) ... oh to rekindle that feeling again.

The one time I was moved to tears - of uncontrollable joy - was Anfield 10 years ago ... that was my City that night (actually achieving something) ... oh to rekindle that feeling again.

.........and to actually be amongst a crowd of City fans who could be bothered to sing.

My head hurt so much after the rendition of "Drink up thee Zider" that seemed to go on forever. What a night.

Our minibus ran out of fuel twice (rescued twice by some of the monachist enforcement brigade, that one's for you Goblin) and drank a whole crate of Blackthorn, got in about 7 in the morning. :ph34r:

Ah the beautiful game....

Promotion 1976 chanting "Alan Dick's Red and white army" on the pitch with 28000 others infront of the Williams - tear of joy

Staving off relegation 1980 - Coventry, same effect

Tears of mirth when we were demonstrating to get Dicks the sack some three years later as a crowd of 3-400 baying in front of the cameras chanted "Dicks Out! Dicks Out! Dicks Out!"

1986, reching wemberley for the first time after watching Neville and Riley perform miracles. I stood on the wall between the Williams and lowe enclosure watching the scens unfold and saying to myself over and over - we're actually off to wembley - what a night!

I could've when Rovers beat us to the Div two championship but was fuming too much

And of course with laughter on the yellow sub as the next episode unfolds beore us- and the suggetions roll in - Balaclavas, Marigolds, Groucho masks, and to come snorkel and mask (watch this space)

yeah i forgot that! When i had my 10th birthday my dad got it announced over the tannoy - i cried i was so proud "that me i shouted" at Shelton abd Taylor i think it was!

Cant believed everyone cried over the world cup?? We were always going to win that! It was just a case of "turning up"! :ph34r:

The 3-0 defeat at Trumpton was earth shattering. At the time I shared a house with two sagheads so I couldn't go home that night. Instead I surprised my girlfiend by waking her up, standing on her doorstep with tears rolling down my face. I respect her to this day for refraining from using the 'its only a game of football' line, and instead allowing me to fall asleep with my tears wetting her bosom.

Over the city i have to say despite all the broken promises and extreme heartbreak and disapointment they have undoubtably caused me to suffer over over the years the only time i cried was at the play offs last year.

I dont really know why either - i think probably cause last year it felt more like 'our' team than any other year - for the first time since dicks hayday we had a team of largely local lads who we'd had to endure coming through the ranks learning their trade and making mistakes (matty still does have hell a slice on those boots) and to have achieved so much last year to fall at the last but one was devastating and i did shed a tear or twenty.

I also appeared to slide into depression when gettin back 'home' to Cardiff as well as i locked myself in my office closed the blinds and spoke to no-one for 4 days - ah its only a game innit??

Archived