IGNORED

Bs3

ciderup

I drank in the Coopers last night and as I was walking past Bar BS3 at about 7.30 there were loads of old bill outside! Was there some trouble in there last night?
Speaking to someone after the game in the S&C apparently he was in BS3 and there was some Southampton fans' in there that started singing when the saints go marching in and that led to abit of trouble.

There was a group of about 10 Saint's 'lads' in the pub from about 6pm they got asked to leave for their own safety which they declined, more saints 'lads' arrived and at about 7pmish decided to get some southampton songs going at which point it kicked off, unfortunatly there were two younger lads wit them (14 years approx) the trouble stopped to get them and the kids out of the pub but the Saints lads refused to leave so they got a good hiding for the next 5 mins or so.

Everybody knows that the Rising Sun is a stronghold City pub and if a group of away fans (non-shirts) come in gobbing off it will kick off, shame that they had some kids with them, absolute disgrace!

If you go in to a home pub and shout your mouth off I guess your asking for trouble. I hope the pub wasn't to badly damaged with it just opening up.

I don't think it was as it was open again after the game, maybe Rob can clarify.

If away 'fans' are in a pub like the rising sun it will always kick off. They we're more than up for the ruck and one of them tried to chin Rob who, as the landlord, was obviously doing his best to get them out of the pub.

Wether people like it or not, City is not a place away lads can come and gob off and not expect to get trouble.

If you go in to a home pub and shout your mouth off I guess your asking for trouble. I hope the pub wasn't to badly damaged with it just opening up.

I find it strange (funny?) that some people can be up in arms about civil rights when Old bill don't allow fans to make own way to a game (Cardiff) yet its Ok if you are not allowed to go into a pub just because of the team you support

I find it strange (funny?) that some people can be up in arms about civil rights when Old bill don't allow fans to make own way to a game (Cardiff) yet its Ok if you are not allowed to go into a pub just because of the team you support

That's exactley right.

I don't think I follow, can you elaborate? I understand why the Police are using the coach only system for Cardiff, so why would I be 'up in arms' about civil rights! Nibors your man for that subject?

Just to add I don't mind away fans going in to home pubs as long as they are respectful and use some common sense, these Southampton morons last night appear to of been looking for trouble and found it. I have no sympathy.

Hear hear, Nibor are you reading this?

They were allowed in there mate, and they were in there for a good 45 minutes with no problems unitl they started giving the big one, then the ineveitable happened.

Hi Guys.

Yeah there was a little bit last night mainly caused by a few southampton fans in who had sliped in probably in pairs with no colours etc. Probably my fault in fainess as i was on the door!

Without them in there would have been no issue, and bar a couple of minutesof unpleasantness, it was a good night in here.

We learned a few lessons and am getting planty of "home fans only" signage made up as i type this.

I am arranging another person or two for the door as it was heaving last night so will make it more secure, and obvioulsy, everybodys comfort and safety is very high on our list of priorities!

If away fans arrive in pairs and arent wearing colours, its very hard to spot them, especially if its a big crowd, with alot of the floating fans will unfamiliar faces. I think a good policy to prevent this is simply to ask people to show a home match ticket or season ticket book when coming in. which we will trial on Saturday.

I think overall people liked the new BS3, and we got loads of positive feedback from people about the place. obviously a bit of a scap on the first night is far from our ideal scenario, but lessons were learned and steps will be taken to prevent away fans coming in, because at the end of the day, it was purely down to that.

Nothing was damaged, which was obviously a relief! and nothing serious came of it, but we obviously don't want it in the place and assure you of our best efforts at all times.

Interested in your feedback on here so let me know what you thought of the place, and any comments or suggestions will all be taken on board.

Cheers Rob

Hi Guys.

Yeah there was a little bit last night mainly caused by a few southampton fans in who had sliped in probably in pairs with no colours etc. Probably my fault in fainess as i was on the door!

Without them in there would have been no issue, and bar a couple of minutesof unpleasantness, it was a good night in here.

We learned a few lessons and am getting planty of "home fans only" signage made up as i type this.

I am arranging another person or two for the door as it was heaving last night so will make it more secure, and obvioulsy, everybodys comfort and safety is very high on our list of priorities!

If away fans arrive in pairs and arent wearing colours, its very hard to spot them, especially if its a big crowd, with alot of the floating fans will unfamiliar faces. I think a good policy to prevent this is simply to ask people to show a home match ticket or season ticket book when coming in. which we will trial on Saturday.

I think overall people liked the new BS3, and we got loads of positive feedback from people about the place. obviously a bit of a scap on the first night is far from our ideal scenario, but lessons were learned and steps will be taken to prevent away fans coming in, because at the end of the day, it was purely down to that.

Nothing was damaged, which was obviously a relief! and nothing serious came of it, but we obviously don't want it in the place and assure you of our best efforts at all times.

Interested in your feedback on here so let me know what you thought of the place, and any comments or suggestions will all be taken on board.

Cheers Rob

Is the garden open for smokers Rob?

You could try getting the old Risers matchday lot on the doors as they did it for years and knew who was who and stick cctv in the pub.

Archived