IGNORED

Bs3

ciderup

Is the garden open for smokers Rob?

You could try getting the old Risers matchday lot on the doors as they did it for years and knew who was who and stick cctv in the pub.

Already on to it. One of them offered last night, so yeah i think thats a good idea.

The whole place is covered by CCTV now so on top ofthat one aswell!

As for the Garden, it wasnt ready to open yesterday, not sure if it will be on Sat or not yet, depends how the workmen get on clearing stuff out. if not then it really should be by the next home game.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Guys.

Yeah there was a little bit last night mainly caused by a few southampton fans in who had sliped in probably in pairs with no colours etc. Probably my fault in fainess as i was on the door!

Without them in there would have been no issue, and bar a couple of minutesof unpleasantness, it was a good night in here.

We learned a few lessons and am getting planty of "home fans only" signage made up as i type this.

I am arranging another person or two for the door as it was heaving last night so will make it more secure, and obvioulsy, everybodys comfort and safety is very high on our list of priorities!

If away fans arrive in pairs and arent wearing colours, its very hard to spot them, especially if its a big crowd, with alot of the floating fans will unfamiliar faces. I think a good policy to prevent this is simply to ask people to show a home match ticket or season ticket book when coming in. which we will trial on Saturday.

I think overall people liked the new BS3, and we got loads of positive feedback from people about the place. obviously a bit of a scap on the first night is far from our ideal scenario, but lessons were learned and steps will be taken to prevent away fans coming in, because at the end of the day, it was purely down to that.

Nothing was damaged, which was obviously a relief! and nothing serious came of it, but we obviously don't want it in the place and assure you of our best efforts at all times.

Interested in your feedback on here so let me know what you thought of the place, and any comments or suggestions will all be taken on board.

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

I thought the place looked very good and was also very tastefully done. It was nice to see the old city players up on the wall as well....

The staff were very friendly and I was served promptly and gracefully (unlike the Coopers at times).

Looking forward to coming down on Saturday with a few more Ciderheads to show them the place. I think its best though that you make it HOME fans only.

Hows your trade apart from matchdays though?

Hi Guys.

Yeah there was a little bit last night mainly caused by a few southampton fans in who had sliped in probably in pairs with no colours etc. Probably my fault in fainess as i was on the door!

Without them in there would have been no issue, and bar a couple of minutesof unpleasantness, it was a good night in here.

We learned a few lessons and am getting planty of "home fans only" signage made up as i type this.

I am arranging another person or two for the door as it was heaving last night so will make it more secure, and obvioulsy, everybodys comfort and safety is very high on our list of priorities!

If away fans arrive in pairs and arent wearing colours, its very hard to spot them, especially if its a big crowd, with alot of the floating fans will unfamiliar faces. I think a good policy to prevent this is simply to ask people to show a home match ticket or season ticket book when coming in. which we will trial on Saturday.

I think overall people liked the new BS3, and we got loads of positive feedback from people about the place. obviously a bit of a scap on the first night is far from our ideal scenario, but lessons were learned and steps will be taken to prevent away fans coming in, because at the end of the day, it was purely down to that.

Nothing was damaged, which was obviously a relief! and nothing serious came of it, but we obviously don't want it in the place and assure you of our best efforts at all times.

Interested in your feedback on here so let me know what you thought of the place, and any comments or suggestions will all be taken on board.

Cheers Rob

I popped in for one last night and thought it was good, been nicely done out with a good selection of beer. I left before the trouble so can't comment but like you said if people are intent on causing trouble there's very little you can do about it, how are you to know who's Southampton and who's Bristol. It's a shame but at least it sounds like it was sorted out quickly!

BTW it was also nice to be served by smiling bar staff, something you seldom get at the other pub just up the road :innocent06: .

Just got off the phone with Tommy Alford, football police control officer. He seems happy it was an isolated in cident and that it was sort as quickly and compitently as possible.

A Couple of points, he has obviously asked for "home" signage, which is already being sorted, and wants plastic Glasses, as most place have to do now BUT i strass that we will spend the extra on the god solid ones, as many of you may have used out the front last night as i know i myself hate the cheap rubbish ones!!

Its a shame i need to be talking about this as I'm sure from feedback that it was an isolated incident, that in fairness wasn't that big a thing - although certainly unwanted!!

So a bit of mutal respect from us to you, and in return is requested and I'm hopefull we will have seen the last of it and be able to provide you all with a place that is a pleasure to visit, match and non match days.

Cheers Rob

Issue people with your own id cards,or if your not sure ask to see something to prove they live in Bristol or surrounding area sorry to hear of the trouble I thought it was great in there needed a Bar lke this for a while

Thanks, Glad you liked it!

ID cards are difficult as anything i can produce would be easily forgable.

On Saturday though we will trial out asking to see peoples tickets which i think is a convenient solution. Cooperation on that would be appreciated and should solve any potential problems.

Cheers

Rob

Yeh heard this at Ht last night! When we drive up we go in the new place on the cricket pitch!! No waiting for a drink and only £2 a pint!!!

We have started drinking in there before the game too. Good to catch the sky game some saturdays too. We travel from between North Petherton and Bridgwater so its easy to ditch the car and then head in for a pre match beer. As you said T'ton City - No queues and cheapish beer.

Hi Rob,

I thought the place looked very good and was also very tastefully done. It was nice to see the old city players up on the wall as well....

The staff were very friendly and I was served promptly and gracefully (unlike the Coopers at times).

Looking forward to coming down on Saturday with a few more Ciderheads to show them the place. I think its best though that you make it HOME fans only.

Hows your trade apart from matchdays though?

don't know about non match day trade yet, as last night was our first public opening night!!

obviously we need a good week trade, Our overheads arent small as you can imagiane after a refurbishment on that scale!

We ahd lots of positive feedback about the staff and promt service bearing in mind how busy it was.

I'm pleased you were impressed and look forward to seeing you again saturday.

Cheers

Rob

We have started drinking in there before the game too. Good to catch the sky game some saturdays too. We travel from between North Petherton and Bridgwater so its easy to ditch the car and then head in for a pre match beer. As you said T'ton City - No queues and cheapish beer.

Yeah, all the games will be shown before and after City. on sky and setanta.

see you soon

Rob

To BAR BS3

I came in last night and have to say thought the fit out was good and the quick service especially welcome. One point i thought you need to look at is a door for entrance and a door for exiting. It was quite a struggle to get out whilst other people were still coming in through the one and only door on the pub. Other than that good show

Guest east_dundry_red

I tought it was a nice place for a pre-match pint.

The guy outside doing magic was good aswell.

Obviously ruined by a few idiots but on the whole its a good place. Nice to see someone on the door with the plasic glasses using some common sense.

I know making everyone have plastic glasses is a pain as we have to do it in the pub i work in here in newport but everythging in BAR Bs3 seemed well in order.

Also fair play for putting lots of bar staff on its nice to be served without waiting 25mins for a pint.

To BAR BS3

I came in last night and have to say thought the fit out was good and the quick service especially welcome. One point i thought you need to look at is a door for entrance and a door for exiting. It was quite a struggle to get out whilst other people were still coming in through the one and only door on the pub. Other than that good show

Agreed. I guess only one door was open due to a lack of door staff, but I would hope that if you get a couple more lads to mind the doors then there'd be no problem opening both doors. I went out for a fag and it took me about 2 minutes to get back in again due to some people coming out for a fag and others just arriving making their way in, so there was a bottleneck at the entrance.

Thought the place looked great though, nice job. Just what we needed.

As for the 'incident', pretty sure that was a one-off. I think the 'Home Fans Only' signage will certainly put a stop to anything like that again. Hate to condone violence, but those lads knew exactly what was coming. They were given plenty of friendly 'advice' to leave. They refused and blatantly belted out a chorus of Oh When the Saints. Not a wise move really. They were obviously intent on some kind of trouble and got just what they were looking for. Shame really, but glad no damage was done.

Just one thing Rob are you stil doing those delicous rolls a must on matchday

When we get a chance to stop and catch a breath we will be doing them yes!

As you can probably imagiane its been extreemly hectic recently, so havent been top priority, but i know lots of you used to like our rolls so we will endeavour to start those in a game or two's time.

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

Probably best to answer this tomorrow or for me to ask tomorrow but its in the front of my mind now and ill probably forget it.

Anyway, what time (how long before kick off) did it become standing room only on wednesday night? I ask because me and my dad are thinking of coming in at the next home game after tomorrow and he wont be able to stand up for long periods so would require seating.

Cheers mate

Rob,

Probably best to answer this tomorrow or for me to ask tomorrow but its in the front of my mind now and ill probably forget it.

Anyway, what time (how long before kick off) did it become standing room only on wednesday night? I ask because me and my dad are thinking of coming in at the next home game after tomorrow and he wont be able to stand up for long periods so would require seating.

Cheers mate

I doubt the time on Wednesday will reflect the one tomorrow because I'd have thought that most people would have to rush just to get there at all for a night game.

Always best to be waiting outside when the doors open I find!

Rob,

Cheers mate

As Nibor says, its hard to judge from just one game there, and, to be honest, i wasnt really taking alot of notice of the seating situation. However, at this stupid time of night, i believe the game after tommorows/todays is also mid week vs Charlton.

To be honest, its really just a case of get down as soon as possib;e, we do still try to keep a fair amount of seating even on matchdays, even though it is reduced to make more standing room.we will do our best to find him a seat if you come down and ask me on the door, but obviously if it later in the evening then we have alot of other things to look after aswell.

Hope to see you soon

Cheers

Rob

If people don't have tickets you could always ask to see there drivers licence to prove they are local. I don't usually get my ticket till I actually go into the ground.

Other than that, if an extremly handsome guy tries to come in. It will most probably be me and and I'll have a bottle of Magners please :D

I wasn't asked for any id/tkt either before the match and after and I wasn't wearing any BC stuff.

Very nice inside.

in that case I'm guessing i either recognised you or you must have been in a very small minority that "got away". we asked everyone that i didnt know personally and as I'm sure you will agree if you did come in, it was hugely successfull and everyone had a great afternoon, glad you like the place. However i cant take all the credit for a great day, i think GJ & the boys should get some aswell!!

Cheers

Rob

Archived