IGNORED

Carey & Noble

Alex_BCFC

We missed these 2 big time 2nd half.

Noble is excellent at keeping the ball and setting us off on attacks. Without him we were all over the shop.

Carey is not only a great leader but he is good at bringing the ball out from the back, unlike McCombe, who needs to learn not to hoof it everytime he gets it.

Other than- fantastic resiliance. Promotion- nahhh but 3 points closer to safety and GJ continues to do a wonderful job.

We missed these 2 big time 2nd half.

Noble is excellent at keeping the ball and setting us off on attacks. Without him we were all over the shop.

Carey is not only a great leader but he is good at bringing the ball out from the back, unlike McCombe, who needs to learn not to hoof it everytime he gets it.

Other than- fantastic resiliance. Promotion- nahhh but 3 points closer to safety and GJ continues to do a wonderful job.

Agree with all of that, and I think it was Carey's gob we missed more than anything else. We simply stopped doing all the things that had put us 2-0 up midway through the first half.

Where you hear that?

Would that put him out of Saturdays match because he would be a massive miss?

My uncle was speaking to his dad in the posh seats, and he had recieved a message to say it was broken! We really are going to miss him, hope hes not out too long!

My uncle was speaking to his dad in the posh seats, and he had recieved a message to say it was broken! We really are going to miss him, hope hes not out too long!

GJ thinks Saturday will come to quick for Louis but has fingers crossed for Noble. Think JamieMac is a great player, but the fact he has not played for a long time, showed tonight. Vasko?

If noble is out then Trundle/byfield will surely start as Murray is not the link.

Carey is unlikely for Saturday!

Noble just needs a few more days in training, get hes left knee sorted!

Trundle and Byfield on Sat! - Noble on Bench

Vasko and Fontaine at CB!

I agree, sadly i don't think he will start Vasko ahead of McCombe though!

I heard that Louis has broken his nose.

One of the papers reports that this morning also.

I'm not sure what the treatment for a broken nose is, but Louis stopped on North Street with his family last night after the game and had nothing on his face and certainly didn't look like Andy Townsend!

Carey is out for Saturday with a broken nose according to the WDP this morning. We will miss his leadership against a physical side like Stoke.

I'm praying Noble will be fit though. As soon as he went off, we went to pieces as an attacking force and anyone who was in doubt as to how crucial a player he is to us should be left in no doubt of that anymore. Murray didn't work in the hole, and surely Trundle will take his place if he Nobe's fails to recover in time.

I think if Noble isn't fit we need to revert back to 4-4-2... we weren't exactly doing badly in that formation before Noble returned. Hopefully Trundle will come back in and line-up alongside Byfield. I don't see why we need to play Trundle in the hole in a 4-4-1-1. His natural game is to drop slightly deeper anyway and that's how we're going to get the best out of him; by letting him play his natural game.

If Stoke are going to go long then I'm quite happy for McCombe to be in there to head things away. Maybe he's not 100% ready yet but it seems to me he's got to a point now where the only way he'll get back to full fitness is by playing games. With Carey out, that might as well start on Saturday.

I, like a lot of people, have one or two slight doubts about McCombe's pace (or lack of it) at this level but he was our player of the year last year and like every other player in our promotion squad deserves a good chance to prove himself at this level.

In theory, McCombe and Fontaine should actually compliment eachother quite well at centre half given a bit of time to form some kind of partnership.

In theory, McCombe and Fontaine should actually compliment eachother quite well at centre half given a bit of time to form some kind of partnership.

How many times have they played together before? It occurred to me that our lack of organisation at the back yesterday probably stemmed from the fact that they're not familiar with each other - most of the time it's been one or the other playing alongside Carey.

Archived