IGNORED

If We Dont Beat Qpr?

citygal17

I was just wondering what city fans wud think if we didnt win against qpr I dunno but i think alot of us wud think that citys chance of automatic was over. But is that really true? I think it wud help ALOT if we did beat qpr but i think it is unlikely i hope i will b proved wrong. Do u rekon the automatic promotion chance wud b gone if we didnt beat qpr?

if we loose against qpr then we've not much chance of an auto spot. Actually we are talking about a team who came back from 3-0 down at Port Vale to level the score, so in my humble opinion they're entitled to their 2nd place at the moment. If we win 3 games in April, we will have earned 2nd spot.

Guest Rikku

Although not mathematically impossible, I think that if we lose we will be too far behind to have any realistic hope of getting the second automatic spot - sorry to be doom and gloom but to be six points behind, plus qpr have a game in hand and a superior goal difference - i think it would be too much to gain back, particularly since confidence will be destroyed by another defeat. That's why we have to give it everything we've got (and I mean the players and the fans) to make sure we beat them and keep us in the fight!! COME ON CITY!!! :ph34r::wacko::ph34r:

Guest pukka_tukka

if we lose to QPR we can say bye bye to automatic promotion, becuase it just wont happen :Wave:

BUT....

if we win we shall say hello back into the race for an automatic place :Wave:

:ph34r:

Glos boy had it right. We would be out of the running (probably) for auto, but we can still go up through the play offs. But we have not lost to QPR and we can still make auto, possibly Champs.

I agree, nothing but a win will do tomorrow, we must treat this game as an all or nothing scenario for the remainder of our season, if we win and still don't go up automatically we can go into the playoffs having nothing to fear from any team we play.

Defeat may mean no promotion at all (autos or playoffs) as it might reveal to us this bunch of players are not up for the big games and may well find it hard to grind out 2 results in a high pressured 2 legged match.

The players we have are more than capable of beating QPR, I hope they realise this and take the game by the scruff of the neck, we will come out with nothing if we are patient and wait for things to happen, Attack, Attack, Attack, let's face it we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Depends how you look at it.

If you are asking - is promotion gone if we lose tomorrow, the answer is NO, because we still have the play-off back door.

However, if you are asking - is auto-promotion gone if we lose tomorrow, I would also say NO, but it would make things very difficult.

Until it is mathematically impossible, the answer will always be NO.

Personally, I believe we'll be playing div 1 football next season - I don't know or care how we get there, but get there we will - have faith!

Archived