IGNORED

Pulis

Southport Red

I am about as fond of Pulis as everyone else but the truth he was correct in that until we scored Stoke looked the more likely without dominating Southampton style. Once we scored, however, we were treated to a masterclass of keeping possession at times. Our defence was underworked in the second half due to the way we kept possession and if we can maintain that, particularly away from home, then our pub team (according to half the teams we have played) will keep on picking up points. Stoke were the most physically imposing team we have played this season by a mile and will bully their way to many points away from home but we proved that slick passing and movement outweighs muscle and brawn.

Happy days.

Stoke were one dimensional, mediocre and dirty. We were slightly disjointed early on as we adapted to Noble's injury but I thought we were comfortably the better side throughout the game. If Pulis is happy with that Stoke will be looking up at us the whole season.

Thought he was OK in the first half and terrible afterwards once Carey and Fonts had sussed him.

Particularly like the header where Carey rose like a salmon and absolutely flattened Fuller as a result.

Seems a bit of a pre-madonna in the second half if you ask me.

Particularly like the header where Carey rose like a salmon and absolutely flattened Fuller as a result.

Agree, he didn't like losing the ball at all. He wasn't the only one to have a hissy fit after losing out in challenges, Stoke's attitude was terrible.

Watching Stoke today, even if we were 23rd and they were top I wouldn't want to see that sort of football. Cynical, direct, boring and it made my eyes bleed.

As he went down the tunnel at the end of the game an everyone was booing, he was doing this cocky act of brushing invisible dust off both his shoulders.

Prat!

I think he was patting his beloved stoke badge , but why not? They're the only stupid barstewards who want the useless d###!!!

Prima donna - It comes from the Opera and is Italian for first lady who were traditionally seen as vain and arrogant.

Unless you're comparing him to 1970's pop acts?

*instant ban*

Ricardo Fuller is the complete example of the kind of player we don't want at the gate. All the ability in the world, motivation of a Doherty.

one of the laziest players I've ever seen at the gate, didn't look interested in the slightest, and was put to shame but the 110% performances of Byfield and Trundle

That's what I thought as well, there is absolutely no way GJ would put up with players with attitude like that. It really made me realise how lucky we are for having a team of players we can really be proud of.

• Admin

The world according to Mr Tiny P**is:

"They remind me of Colchester last season a bit. They are on a run at home at the moment and everything is running for them.

"Teams have come here and got absolutely murdered, but we were right in the game until the end.

"I can't thank our fans enough for the support they have given us at both Palace last Tuesday and here at Bristol.

"I know we've lost, but I still hope supporters have gone away happy with the effort the players have shown yet again."

Anyone want to comment?

The world according to Mr Tiny P**is:

"They remind me of Colchester last season a bit. They are on a run at home at the moment and everything is running for them.

"Teams have come here and got absolutely murdered, but we were right in the game until the end.

"I can't thank our fans enough for the support they have given us at both Palace last Tuesday and here at Bristol.

"I know we've lost, but I still hope supporters have gone away happy with the effort the players have shown yet again."

Anyone want to comment?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Ah the nostalgia.

Archived