IGNORED

Quality And The Premiership Beckons

Red Robin

Today was impressive infact very very impressive.

Stoke were completly played of the park,this a side that have had a very good start to the season.

Bristol City were different class.

Stoke are as good as any in this division and city played them off the park.

Wolves and ipswich away are going to tell us if we have the mettle to stay at the top,both very good home sides.

The nice thing is we will get better and better as more games go by.

Trundle today played exceptionally well special mention,Elliot is on a different planet would not take 2 million for him the guy is pure class.

Bristol City can reach the promised land, IF they can keep producing what the last 13 games have brought.The deciding factor is CAN it be produced for a full season that is the big question?

We could probably put three past Derby County aswell!! :cool:

Sorry what does Derby have to do with the posts ?

Derby were a quality Championship side last season, currently they are shipping goals to practically everyone in the Premiership. I was suggesting that we too could put goals past them the way we are playing, now, or if we were in the top flight.

Happy now Red Robin?

The poblem is it's getting difficult for the belief not to grow, after 5 games i was delighted but waiting for the bubble to burst, then we lost to barnsley and had Sheff U at home, thought that was going to be the start, then we coupletely outplayed a side with around 10 million quids worth of strikers at their disposal, and since then we have really started playing, the first few games we played well but were riding our luck a little Wednesday away was an example of this, but we are starting to outplay and beat teams that have cost tens of millions of pounds, against southampton for the first 45 we dominated them and took our chances they couldn't do the same.

As it stands i believe we can do it, i still don't believe we will as there is a hell of a long way to go, but if we managed to take 6 points from our next two games then i'm sorry but i will have to believe we will do something very special this season.

Like Gj said, we must keep our feet on the ground but he's letting his players dream, and i'm doing the same thing, frankly i won't expect anything until it's certain but the belief is gettin stronger every game.

The poblem is it's getting difficult for the belief not to grow, after 5 games i was delighted but waiting for the bubble to burst, then we lost to barnsley and had Sheff U at home, thought that was going to be the start, then we coupletely outplayed a side with around 10 million quids worth of strikers at their disposal, and since then we have really started playing, the first few games we played well but were riding our luck a little Wednesday away was an example of this, but we are starting to outplay and beat teams that have cost tens of millions of pounds, against southampton for the first 45 we dominated them and took our chances they couldn't do the same.

As it stands i believe we can do it, i still don't believe we will as there is a hell of a long way to go, but if we managed to take 6 points from our next two games then i'm sorry but i will have to believe we will do something very special this season.

Like Gj said, we must keep our feet on the ground but he's letting his players dream, and i'm doing the same thing, frankly i won't expect anything until it's certain but the belief is gettin stronger every game.

People should realise thirteen games and the stats we have produced is no fluke,20 odd years I'm believeing i can go to see city humble the bigs boys again or give them a good game at least.

I'm DREAMING WHY NOT CUS THIS LOT HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR IN THIS CHAMPIONSHIP.

We are as good as any why should it stop now,the chairman,manager,team are as one oh happy days

What is your suggestion, then? That we have players of the quality of Elliott and Carey waiting in the reserves, just in case?

You describe both players as 'vital'. Do you honestly expect us to be able to keep replacement 'vital' players waiting in the wings, happy not to play unless someone gets injured?

McCombe is an adequate replacement, should Carey be out, as he showed last season, when I believe he won every game he captained. Skuse was linked with a £1m move to a Premier League club only a few months ago, so he is adequate cover for Elliott.

So in one word the answer is yes Edson and in another the answer is yes then Edson...... by your own fair words?

Archived