IGNORED

Quality And The Premiership Beckons

Red Robin

Today was impressive infact very very impressive.

Stoke were completly played of the park,this a side that have had a very good start to the season.

Bristol City were different class.

Stoke are as good as any in this division and city played them off the park.

Wolves and ipswich away are going to tell us if we have the mettle to stay at the top,both very good home sides.

The nice thing is we will get better and better as more games go by.

Trundle today played exceptionally well special mention,Elliot is on a different planet would not take 2 million for him the guy is pure class.

Bristol City can reach the promised land, IF they can keep producing what the last 13 games have brought.The deciding factor is CAN it be produced for a full season that is the big question?

My only concern is whether City have the strength in depth to cope over 46 tough games. We saw on Wednesday how vital Carey is - he was immense again today.If he's injured/suspended then I'm not convinced that McCombe has the mobilty to cope with pacy CCC strikers. Maybe Vasko could - if he gets the experience that he lacks.

Who would replace Elliot if he were out? Another vital player that has no obvious replacement.

You gotta enjoy it while its good, and I will certainly be on the cider tonight!

Sure, we might not have the squad and we may have a dip along the way, but that team out there today... Boy can they compete at this level.

Its class all over the park, McIndoe, Elliot, Sproule - exciting young players.

A pint with a slice please landlord...

My only concern is whether City have the strength in depth to cope over 46 tough games. We saw on Wednesday how vital Carey is - he was immense again today.If he's injured/suspended then I'm not convinced that McCombe has the mobilty to cope with pacy CCC strikers. Maybe Vasko could - if he gets the experience that he lacks.

Who would replace Elliot if he were out? Another vital player that has no obvious replacement.

Can't replace Elliot, hes our very own Essien. Skuse is an obvious replacement though, there is simply no one else, and thats not taking anything from Skuse who imo is still capable of great things.

FFS Red Robin, The Premiership does not beckon anyone, lets not start that crap. Do what Gary Johnson says and stay humble and work hard, ignore the league table and don't get carried away. Just enjoy it, don't start expecting anything.

Good result today, very good performance with lots of effort (as usual these days) all over the pitch with Elliott, Carey and Fontaine standing out. Great form and great spirit at the moment. We passed the ball for 90 minutes and most importantly closed them down all over the pitch for 90 minutes and the difference from midweek was obvious.

Stoke were mediocre, dirty and unimaginative and got what they deserved, they were one of the worst sides we've faced IMO. The only players they had that were any good were Fuller who was shite after half time and their keeper. Rory Delap must be the consumate big time charlie, he was terrible. £4m he was apparently worth at one point and all he did was take a decent throwin.

Marvin's goal was first class, and he was very unlucky not to follow it up with one just as good due to a decent save. He certainly developed a taste for shooting. Well done everyone.

Good god you can take a negative aspect from every bleeding outstanding performance at the moment. How the hell can we have players of the quality of Elliot and Carey playing for the stiffs? Gowon, enlighten me.

Did you not read GJ's program notes on Wednesday, I'm sure he dedicated a couple of lines towards you didn't he?

Pint's always half full with you......

please get on yer bike

What is your suggestion, then? That we have players of the quality of Elliott and Carey waiting in the reserves, just in case?

You describe both players as 'vital'. Do you honestly expect us to be able to keep replacement 'vital' players waiting in the wings, happy not to play unless someone gets injured?

McCombe is an adequate replacement, should Carey be out, as he showed last season, when I believe he won every game he captained. Skuse was linked with a £1m move to a Premier League club only a few months ago, so he is adequate cover for Elliott.

I can't think of another midfielder in this division who could adequately replace Elliott nor a centre half who could influence us as much as Carey so I suggest that we're not in any different boat to any other team really.

Absolutley.

We should be delighted to have these two wholehearted players in our squad, it probably explains why we are three points clear in second place. How many other centre halves would break their nose on wednesday and then perform outstandingly on the saturday??

Absolutley.

We should be delighted to have these two wholehearted players in our squad, it probably explains why we are three points clear in second place. How many other centre halves would break their nose on wednesday and then perform outstandingly on the saturday??

John Terry?

Stop having those "concerns" you!

This club is on cloud 9......11 sorry.

Enjoy every moment, i am.....Arn

FFS Red Robin, The Premiership does not beckon anyone, lets not start that crap. Do what Gary Johnson says and stay humble and work hard, ignore the league table and don't get carried away. Just enjoy it, don't start expecting anything.

Good result today, very good performance with lots of effort (as usual these days) all over the pitch with Elliott, Carey and Fontaine standing out. Great form and great spirit at the moment. We passed the ball for 90 minutes and most importantly closed them down all over the pitch for 90 minutes and the difference from midweek was obvious.

Stoke were mediocre, dirty and unimaginative and got what they deserved, they were one of the worst sides we've faced IMO. The only players they had that were any good were Fuller who was shite after half time and their keeper. Rory Delap must be the consumate big time charlie, he was terrible. £4m he was apparently worth at one point and all he did was take a decent throwin.

Marvin's goal was first class, and he was very unlucky not to follow it up with one just as good due to a decent save. He certainly developed a taste for shooting. Well done everyone.

I totally agree, but I'm only human. If we beat Wolves - and I don't expect us to - I will find it bloody hard to keep my expectation levels grounded.

I totally agree, but I'm only human. If we beat Wolves - and I don't expect us to - I will find it bloody hard to keep my expectation levels grounded.

IF we beat Wolves you must start believeing,this club has some very very fine players that can do it,they have shown over thirteen games,tell me why they cannot do it over the next thirteen.

As Adriano say BELIEVE

IF we beat Wolves you must start believeing,this club has some very very fine players that can do it,they have shown over thirteen games,tell me why they cannot do it over the next thirteen.

As Adriano say BELIEVE

It's not about believing. There's no harm in quiet confidence.

The thing is when people start actually buying into the sort of hyperbole bullshit you've posted they start expecting. That can do us nothing but harm.

I would have thought you learned not to post crap like this after your tour around the league one boards proclaiming us 05/06 Champions when Stewart signed made you look an idiot.

It's not about believing. There's no harm in quiet confidence.

The thing is when people start actually buying into the sort of hyperbole bullshit you've posted they start expecting. That can do us nothing but harm.

BANG ON.

Let's enjoy the moment, not start demanding results. I'm happy we are halfway to the 'magic 50' point safety line, promotion could not be further from my mind.

BANG ON.

Let's enjoy the moment, not start demanding results. I'm happy we are halfway to the 'magic 50' point safety line, promotion could not be further from my mind.

you can see what will happen here.fans will start beliving then as soon as we have a couple of bad results they will be on here screaming for gj head,saying all the players are rubbish.after the last few years in league one starting next season in this league would do me.

Today was impressive infact very very impressive.

Stoke were completly played of the park,this a side that have had a very good start to the season.

Bristol City were different class.

Stoke are as good as any in this division and city played them off the park.

Wolves and ipswich away are going to tell us if we have the mettle to stay at the top,both very good home sides.

The nice thing is we will get better and better as more games go by.

Trundle today played exceptionally well special mention,Elliot is on a different planet would not take 2 million for him the guy is pure class.

Bristol City can reach the promised land, IF they can keep producing what the last 13 games have brought.The deciding factor is CAN it be produced for a full season that is the big question?

A great summary of the Stoke game from Red Robin, I feel absolutely elated that we've at last got a manager capable of taking us back to the top flight after a 27 year absence. :winner_third_h4h:

please get on yer bike

Thats a very well thought out reply. :noexpression:

Most teams have players that are essential to them. Without Rooney Man Utd struggled at the start of the season as did Chelsea without Drogba and Lampard.Imo both Carey and Elliot are essential to City team.They have both been ever-presents all season I think.

Why can't a bloke make a serious comment on here without being slagged off as 'negative'. I don't see my post on this thread as negative at all.In fact it can from a conversation with a couple of City fans in the DEH yesterday - so I'm not the only one who is thinking about strength and depth.

We all want City to City continue playing the great stuff we've seen to so far this season and continue with similar results.

Thats a very well thought out reply. :noexpression:

Most teams have players that are essential to them. Without Rooney Man Utd struggled at the start of the season as did Chelsea without Drogba and Lampard.Imo both Carey and Elliot are essential to City team.They have both been ever-presents all season I think.

Why can't a bloke make a serious comment on here without being slagged off as 'negative'. I don't see my post on this thread as negative at all.In fact it can from a conversation with a couple of City fans in the DEH yesterday - so I'm not the only one who is thinking about strength and depth.

We all want City to City continue playing the great stuff we've seen to so far this season and continue with similar results.

The problem here in Bristol is football people are very negative.

The facts speak for themselves Bristol City under Gary Johnson have improved hughley they are a team,have great players from the goalkeeper,defence,midfield,and upfront.

This I will put on record quite clearly this is the best side for over 20 years.

Yes there is no reason why our current form cannot continue,and yes we MUST all enjoy what is being served up,I only wish our so called fans would turn up and sell the ground out each week,simply Gary Johnson and the team deserve this.

Archived