IGNORED

One Nil To The Football Team

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Stoke were a typical Pulis side, big, physical and shite.....

We passed the ball around, we played the football, quite why the Referee decided that the many persistant fouls didn't rate a yellow card, I guesss we'll never know.

What a good day, we play honest decent football & win, the sags lose, a few beers, I'm just waiting for the 19 year old blonde nympho to arrive......

Stoke were a typical Pulius side, big, physical and shite.....

We passed the ball around, we played the football, quite why the Referee decided that the many persistant fouls didn't rate a yellow card, I guesss we'll never know.

What a good day, we play honest decent football & win, the sags lose, a few beers, I'm just waiting for the 19 year old blonde nympho to arrive......

:clapping:

Stoke were a typical Pulius side, big, physical and shite.....

Total quality!

Back on topic, we passed and moved the ball around the pitch, we kept the ball from Stoke when needed, its a delight, Gary Johnson has been the first Manager since Joe Jordan to build a genuine belief and spirit in the team.

Not true.

That is what John Ward was good at.

Tactics he wasn't good at, but team spirit and belief - top notch.

• Admin
Jordan's was better, but Ward's had spirit & belief.

So, is my belief right - this team is the best, since Jordan's 89-90 team?

IMHO, Jordan's 89/90 team was the best since Alan Dick's took us to the top, Jimmy Lumsden made a massive mistake in selling Bob Taylor, that was the start of his downfall. Since the years at the top and Jordan's (albeit, shortlived) side, we have really struggled to produce the goods.

Gary Johnson appears to be doing so and long may it continue.

So, is my belief right - this team is the best, since Jordan's 89-90 team?

IMHO, Jordan's 89/90 team was the best since Alan d###'s took us to the top, Jimmy Lumsden made a massive mistake in selling Bob Taylor, that was the start of his downfall. Since the years at the top and Jordan's (albeit, shortlived) side, we have really struggled to produce the goods.

Gary Johnson appears to be doing so and long may it continue.

It is better than the 89/90 team. Let's see how they do over the season before compring them to Dicks 75/76 team.

Don't forget Ford's 65/66 team nearly went straight through, but fell away the following season.

'n' they only had a shoebox to live in and had gravel for breakfast..............

• Admin
It is better than the 89/90 team. Let's see how they do over the season before compring them to Dicks 75/76 team.

Don't forget Ford's 65/66 team nearly went straight through, but fell away the following season.

'n' they only had a shoebox to live in and had gravel for breakfast..............

I wasn't comparing them to Dick's team, they're not near that level yet, but they are showing a spirit not seen since 89/90 and before that, the mid seventies.

Trundle is a fine example, a million pound player, who hasn't publicly (if at all) thrown any toys out of his pram for being dropped, I thought he showed desire and commitment today (contrast his display with Fullers), that previous "big name" players haven't. Johnson really seems to have them performing for each other, if one player makes a mistake, they all seem to put in even more effort to make amends, without a blame culture.

The constant reports of drunken antics which were on here and most other City forums and email lists, have disappeared, (along with the main culprits....), professional behaviour has coincided with a steady climb up the league ladder.

And long may it last!!

Archived