IGNORED

Trundle

bs3

Fair point- slaggin off is not the right word.

When you have skill like he does to waltze past that Norwich defender, you don't always need pace. An average of almost one goal for every 3 starts he has made says he is good enough so far. 15 goals would be a fine return.

I think you need to see how well he played live yesterday to appreciate what he adds to the team. If he isn't good enought then we are left with only one capable striker at the club...

Agreed, his best game in a city shirt!!

Did a lot of running which he wont get credit for.

wasn't quiet, he played very well and could have had a goal and an assist.

Trundle and Byfield sat please, Noble wasn't fit and was a waste of time playing him, waste of a sub and probably made his injury worse. Give him a rest on sat, theres plenty of football left this year for him to play.

But according to the Championship highlights and Stoke city site review (See above) he was quiet! Whos right or wrong here. All I saw from Lee was a chance in the first 20 secs, and a pass near the end??

What else did he do? Please don't say he created space for others :noexpression:

Lee scores a goal v Norwich, after coming on as a sub, after the rest of the team did the hard work and thats enogh for you?

If you watch the highlights without listening to the commentary you will see trundle was involved in most of the build up to the chances we had in the game. Lee at times can work very hard off the ball to create space for other players. I think him playing just behind darren it aloud him to turn and drop deep, which seems to suite his style of play.

trundle is just fat and is a waste of space. i rather see richard walker up there for us!!!!!!!!!

:bruce_h4h:

So what are you then child? Rovers I assume!

Trundle did well, his work rate was improved on recent performane's and he also held the ball up well, ironically against one of the most phsyical teams in CCC. Maybe the penny has dropped for Lee that he can't be a luxery here like he was at the Swans!. Still did the tricks as before but also ran his b***ocks off and looked strong.

Play like that Mr Trundle and i'll have no problems with you.

Probably more to do with the ball now being played to feet.

That wasn't the case,I just think he looked more up for it, battle and contested every ball and won more than his fair share.

Those Stoke defenders were all big lads and probably some of the most phyiscal defenders he'll come up against this season and Trundle more than held his own.

Tells it own story really on how little he contrbuted earlier on in the season.

Keep it up Lee.

That wasn't the case

Yes it was. I can't recall us hoofing the ball to him once on Saturday but we'd certainly done that lots in the first 8 or 9 games.

As a result it stuck to him and he had a far better game.

He didn't look any more or less up for it at all IMO.

Yes it was. I can't recall us hoofing the ball to him once on Saturday but we'd certainly done that lots in the first 8 or 9 games.

I can remember many occasions when the ball was played up to Trundle via air mail, he may not of won the header everytime but because he pressurised the defender and made a nusiance of himself the defenders were unable to clear to a team mate and had to head out for out throwing or returned the ball to a red shirt .

He had a good game,let hope it continues. Just shame that shot in the first couple of minutes just flashed wide.

I think it is Byfield who'll be on the bench if Noble is fit - as per the start of the Stoke game.

A lot of people want to see Noble and Trundle in the side - and it appears that GJ is of the same opinion or he wouldn't have risked Noble on saturday.

GJ stated Byfield wasn't drop but rested as he though he looked jaded due to playing that lone role up front once to many times,I expect to see DB in ther starting 11 against Wolves.

Agreed. Play it on the ground he is useful- lump it in the air and he isn't going to win much regardless of how hard he tries.

If you look passed the LT hype......do you really think Lee does enough to justify his place in the first 11?

Be honest

Yes i do ,have been to most games and he is an integral part of the squad as are all of the players , its now a squad game not a bare 11 team , you keep reading reports from one eyed moody championship sides supporters who think we are lucky while i keep watching the city picking up more points with trundle in the team or on the bench , like i say its a squad game

Yes i do ,have been to most games and he is an integral part of the squad as are all of the players , its now a squad game not a bare 11 team , you keep reading reports from one eyed moody championship sides supporters who think we are lucky while i keep watching the city picking up more points with trundle in the team or on the bench , like i say its a squad game

I guess this debate could go on and on, we will see in the coming weeks and months, as most on here want to give LT23, if he will be a success; like most think he will be. I am happy to wait until then and drop my five pence worth in when others see it from my point of view :innocent06:

I think he is in their class. He's just in a lower league. I reckon he will be our top scorer for the next 3 seasons.

You are having a laugh aren't you!! :noexpression: I know you have to respect peoples opinions, but that is totally codswallop!!! And thats putting it as mildly as I can!!

Rooney, Drogba.........trundle! What has the guy ever done outside league 1, I'll tell you, nothing and its comments like this that make me look like I hate the guy.

Trust me, LT will not be our top scorer for the next three seasons mate :disapointed2se:

Archived