IGNORED

Trundle

bs3

I thought he was quality today, he never gave the ball away and always looking to create. But why don't we give him the ball more when we are in thier box. That is when he is at his most dangerous.

What impressed me most was his work off the ball, he created a lot of space for others with his movement, the Stoke defenders weren't sure what to do with him. One of his passes to release Sproule was exceptional, he never seems to overweight his passes either.

I thought he was quality today, he never gave the ball away and always looking to create. But why don't we give him the ball more when we are in thier box. That is when he is at his most dangerous.

Bloody hell, TODAY? have you been celebrating all night??!!! and it's Trundle btw.

Trundle really was excellent! worked really hard and didn't give the ball away often as he had done a bit in previous games, played some nice passes and held the ball up well.

Trundle had said that he had been coming off the pitch recently really disapointed in himself, when he cam off yesterday he looked really pleased with himself and GJ looked pleased with him too, i think that will be good for his confidence now he believes he can put in a good 90 minutes in the Championship.

"The form we found on Tuesday carried on as, aside from the opening 20 seconds when Lee Trundle might have given the home side the lead (incidentally I was surprised just how quiet Trundle was in the match), it was a confident Potters team that made all the running"

Above is a quote from http://www.clubfanzine.com/stoke_city/showNews.php?id=5041, a stoke city review that commented on how Trundle played. The commentary on the highlights this morning said similar.......are there certain people on here looking through LT23 tinted glasses?

If you look passed the LT hype......do you really think Lee does enough to justify his place in the first 11?

Be honest

On the basis of yesterday and Norwich appearance yes. Especially if we play passing football like we have in the past few games. For the opening 6 or 7 games where he started every game, we seemed to lump it long alot- no good for Trundle.

On the basis of yesterday and Norwich appearance yes. Especially if we play passing football like we have in the past few games. For the opening 6 or 7 games where he started every game, we seemed to lump it long alot- no good for Trundle.

But according to the Championship highlights and Stoke city site review (See above) he was quiet! Whos right or wrong here. All I saw from Lee was a chance in the first 20 secs, and a pass near the end??

What else did he do? Please don't say he created space for others :noexpression:

Lee scores a goal v Norwich, after coming on as a sub, after the rest of the team did the hard work and thats enogh for you?

If you look passed the LT hype......do you really think Lee does enough to justify his place in the first 11?

Be honest

At the risk of being accused of 'being negative' - not many neutral observers thought that Trundle did much yesterday.Even the Championship commentator said when Trundle played a smart pass in the 2nd half 'thats just about all Trundle has done today' and most of the national sunday papers thought he did little as well.

Apart from one near miss after 24seconds, some niffty footwork here and there and a decent through pass - how dangerous did he look yesterday?

If Noble is fit for Wolves then Trundle could find himself back on the bench.

But according to the Championship highlights and Stoke city site review (See above) he was quiet! Whos right or wrong here. All I saw from Lee was a chance in the first 20 secs, and a pass near the end??

What else did he do? Please don't say he created space for others :noexpression:

Lee scores a goal v Norwich, after coming on as a sub, after the rest of the team did the hard work and thats enogh for you?

Well he did create space and work very hard as everyone did.

In terms of a sub appearance, yes it is enough. And he did enough yesterday to hold on to his place. I think nearly everyone that went appreciated how well he played- sure he might not be on top form and scoring loads but that is how it goes sometimes.

thought the Trundles performance yesterday was one of his best overall performances so far for the club, looked right up for it from the start and was involved alot during the game, him and byfield looked the part yesterday without doubt, did everything that was required of him, did well with some chances from nothing, couple of bits a flair like in the 2nd half, held the ball up very well and rarely a miss placed pass really

The real problem is the fee we spent. He was never worth that amount but unfortunately Swansea had the upper hand as we needed to get a striker.

But when you compare him to what we have, there is no way you should be slagging the guy off. He is miles better and effective than Jevons and Showumni already to my mind. He may not have done better than Byfield but the season is young.

The Championship only showed key moments and the stoke site review could be slightly biased. I thought Trundle was excellent compared to some of his performances this season. He really is starting to show us who he is.

You can believe what you like but I would use the 'real handful' cliche. Tried one too many tricks perhaps but he was also probably not used as often as he should have been (often in space screaming for it, but team-mates used him as a decoy).

He was good.

tying up 2 defenders to create space for others is part of a players value / worth ,

trundle and byfield to a lesser degree have been doing that ....... i'm sure mcindoe / sproule appreciate receiving the ball in 10 yards of space because the defenders are wary of our front two .....

whats your view on leroy lita now ..... the last few games he's played like pillock, fortain could have scored the 2 sitters he missed today ........

i can remember trundle not holding the ball up well twice on Saturday, which caused the expert behind me to bellow, 'useless trundle, a waste of money gary' ..... if you take full games he's played in, his strike rate is between 3 / 4 ... if he and byfield maintain that all season, and the others keep chipping in, were going to do just fine ....

i'd rather have 2 or 3 strikers scoring 15 goals that on getting 20+

:englandsmile4wf:

At the risk of being accused of 'being negative' - not many neutral observers thought that Trundle did much yesterday.Even the Championship commentator said when Trundle played a smart pass in the 2nd half 'thats just about all Trundle has done today' and most of the national sunday papers thought he did little as well.

Apart from one near miss after 24seconds, some niffty footwork here and there and a decent through pass - how dangerous did he look yesterday?

If Noble is fit for Wolves then Trundle could find himself back on the bench.

Correct :innocent06:

The real problem is the fee we spent. He was never worth that amount but unfortunately Swansea had the upper hand as we needed to get a striker.

But when you compare him to what we have, there is no way you should be slagging the guy off. He is miles better and effective than Jevons and Showumni already to my mind. He may not have done better than Byfield but the season is young.

At what point did I slag him off? I have never slagged Lee on this forum, my opinion is he is not good enough and he is too slow

Were you at yesterdays game ?

You seem to base your opinion on what the opposition and highlights tell you rather than those who were actually there.

It kind of devalues your opinion of LT especially as you keep on and on and on about how he isn't worth his place in the side based highlights and one comment from a Stoke fan.

I was looking after my kids, in Belfast, listening on BCFC World and it didn't sound like he did a lot. As robbored said, the commentary on the Championship commented on how little he did. I will base my opinion on that, what I heard, what has been written.

Regardless of the "value" of my opinion, it is my opinion. Johnson dropped him because of his performances, and he has only got back into the side due to injuries.

I don't keep on and on, I just comment on what people write on here and the constant excuses given for LT poor start to the season :innocent06:

At what point did I slag him off? I have never slagged Lee on this forum, my opinion is he is not good enough and he is too slow

Fair point- slaggin off is not the right word.

When you have skill like he does to waltze past that Norwich defender, you don't always need pace. An average of almost one goal for every 3 starts he has made says he is good enough so far. 15 goals would be a fine return.

I think you need to see how well he played live yesterday to appreciate what he adds to the team. If he isn't good enought then we are left with only one capable striker at the club...

the fee never bothered me TBH, thats up to the club what they pay for players. I,like most, thought the price was over inflated.

At the end of the season, if I am wrong about LT I am big enough to take the flack. I don't do the slagging off thing, I just hate people who try to sugar coat Lee's performances :innocent06:

Fair point- slaggin off is not the right word.

When you have skill like he does to waltze past that Norwich defender, you don't always need pace. An average of almost one goal for every 3 starts he has made says he is good enough so far. 15 goals would be a fine return.

I think you need to see how well he played live yesterday to appreciate what he adds to the team. If he isn't good enought then we are left with only one capable striker at the club...

Unfortunately, the next game I will get to is Cardiff! So that is a great game to judge his contribution....if he plays that is :innocent06:

Thought he was quality on Saturday. probably should have scored a goal, put Sproule through for what more often than not will result in a goal, caused the blind panic in the stoke box which led to the cross for Byfield which was very unlucky not to go in. For the first 6-8 games Trundle was paired up with a right winger who most definately is not a striker, i was beginning to get worried about Sproule but since switching to the right he's been top notch. We also went long to him all the time which doesn't help, as he's not bad in the air and can hold up the ball exceptionally well, but it's not his best game, he was and still is bieng doubled up on by every team we play. Both noble and later Byfield were having a field day with the space Trundle was creating for them. Trundle is a striker who can get you a fair few goals in any league, but more important than that will be the goals he creates for other players.

Stoke had probably one of the best organised and well drilled defences we will see this season and their number 17 was quality, it was going to be a game where we would find it very hard to get behind the stoke defence, but Trundle managed to do it a couple of times and cause blind panic in the box with his balls into the box. I doubt we'll see a better defence all season th that one, Stoke are a good side, they play horrific football and are almost totally devoid of ability except Fuller and Lawrence on that showing, but incredibly well drilled and organised. Much like city were under pulis, horific to watch but his results wern't bad.

Archived