IGNORED

How Many Season Tickets Would We Sell If We Made The Premiership?

Motorwayman

Should we maintain this form and get promoted to the Premiership..........I would be suprised if 20,000 Season Tickets would not get snapped up very quickly! I am sure that SL is allready licking his lips and goes to bed dreaming of this possibilty!

Any thoughts on how many ST would be sold and prices?

Should we maintain this form and get promoted to the Premiership..........I would be suprised if 20,000 Season Tickets would not get snapped up very quickly! I am sure that SL is allready licking his lips and goes to bed dreaming of this possibilty!

Any thoughts on how many ST would be sold and prices?

Key Words:

If

Should

Suprised

Would

Dreaming

Possibility

Don't forget that the Wedlocks is supposed to be coming down next summer. Allowing for that, plus the away fans allocation would mean that there would only be around 14,000 available anyway next season.
If we somehow do go up I can't see them knocking it down this summer tbh. Instead they would wait until we will be relegated at the end of the season.

Apologies- I forgot that we(Most) have the British Mentality:

Will not happen

Not good enough

Never

Forget it

Theres plenty more.........

Why not this season? Whats stoping us?

Why is anyone evening pondering the idea of premiership football after only 13 games?

There's nothing stopping us.

Its just completely and utterly premature.

Guest truecityfansam
Why is anyone evening pondering the idea of premiership football after only 13 games?

Yes thats exactly what she said last night!!! (humour?)

Oh yes, there would be plenty of people ordering their season tickets on the internet as they busily punch in BS3 2EJ on the old Sat-Nav. Let's hope that if the impossible does ever happen that the people who attended yesterday, the ones who were there against Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago when we broke our nine match losing streak, the ones there in 1982 when we put a team of kids out against Fulham after being minutes from going bust etc. etc. get looked after first rather than $hat upon by a club chasing the "Corporate Premiership Buck".

I'm all for increasing the fan base by the way but I sincerely hope that the club get their priorities straight should we ever live the dream.

Oh yes, there would be plenty of people ordering their season tickets on the internet as they busily punch in BS3 2EJ on the old Sat-Nav. Let's hope that if the impossible does ever happen that the people who attended yesterday, the ones who were there against Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago when we broke our nine match losing streak, the ones there in 1982 when we put a team of kids out against Fulham after being minutes from going bust etc. etc. get looked after first rather than $hat upon by a club chasing the "Corporate Premiership Buck".

I'm all for increasing the fan base by the way but I sincerely hope that the club get their priorities straight should we ever live the dream.

We have no chance mate, the west country armchair premier league football fans are slowly getting excited, they have been saving for 30 years for there seats. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest truecityfansam

An excellent post!

I qualify for all of those apart from 82 as i wasnt born. is that acceptable? :surrender:

And perhaps you could guide the club in how to contact these people? Get real mate its a business and until people like yourself and your delusional followers realise this Bristol will never ever move on

I agree were doing great hope it continues but it really still is to early to be thinking about premiership we still ain't safe from relegation. All though i think we will be safe by Christmas

IF City did make it to the prem i reckon your get a load of gas heads converting the the city side. Quite a few of my mates who are rover's fan would get a season ticket down the gate, some said they would give up playing football on sats to start watching city in the prem.

Crazy aint it!!!

Just like when we go to Cardiff or wembley. we take 40,000, but how many are actually die hard city fans?

IF City did make it to the prem i reckon your get a load of gas heads converting the the city side. Quite a few of my mates who are rover's fan would get a season ticket down the gate, some said they would give up playing football on sats to start watching city in the prem.

Crazy aint it!!!

Just like when we go to Cardiff or wembley. we take 40,000, but how many are actually die hard city fans?

probably the average attendance at home games. about 11-13,000 people.

This is all theoretical of course, but if City were to make it to the Promised Land I would buy a season ticket, as it quite possibly might be the only chance I would be able to witness Premiership football at The Gate in my life (curse the fact I was born in 1979!).

At the moment I do not go and see City regularly bacause a) I live in Middlesex and b) I play competitive sport on a Saturday, but I have been a die hard City fan since January 1st 1987. I have watched them lose away at Grimsby on a cold blustery Tuesday evening, 1st round matches of the Auto Windscreens Trophy, plus pretty much the whole of seasons 1987/88-2002/03 and I see them whenever I can (Xmas, Away matches in the SE). So I would like to think of myself as a loyal and devoted fan.

My Dad is a ST holder and I would like to think I would get first dibs on one IF (all theoretical remember) we made it to the Prem. However I don't think being the son of a ST holder would automatically qualify me for a ST, which is a shame, as I would tend to feel I had earnt it more by sticking with City through thick and thin and not being a fairweather supporter.

So I guess if THEORETICALLY we did make it to the prem, with supporters like me jumping at the chance to see a lifelong dream fulfilled, we would sell every seat (other than away) in the ground as STs.

IF City do make it too the premiership, do you honestly think the club will look after the fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin ??

It will be a free for all to buy season tickets, so don't expect any favours because you were there when this happened and were there when that happened etc etc

Business is business dear customer.

IF City do make it too the premiership, do you honestly think the club will look after the fans who have stuck with the club through thick and thin ??

It will be a free for all to buy season tickets, so don't expect any favours because you were there when this happened and were there when that happened etc etc

Business is business dear customer.

Some people just don't get it, do they?

And perhaps you could guide the club in how to contact these people? Get real mate its a business and until people like yourself and your delusional followers realise this Bristol will never ever move on

Words fail me. Most mature people on here would have read my post and seen I was trying to make a point. I wasn't saying that you must have attended the three particular games I used as examples. For your benefit I was trying to make the point that I hope the club looks after it's LOYAL supporters/customers/units, call them what you will. You tell me to get real as "it's a business". Please tell me and my "delusional" friends how many "real" businesses prosper in the long term by $h1tt1ing on it's loyal customers? Try naming a few.

If "moving on" means making money and nothing else when we reach the Premiership I have an idea. Lets scrap the standard season ticket price and instead auction the tickets. That way they go for the absolute maximum market value. When the likes of my dad who has supported the club for 58 years get outbid by some 30 something accountant who needs a Sat Nav to find Ashton Gate and whose only knowledge of Brian Wilson is from The Beach Boys then I am sure you and your "non-delusional" followers will be delighted that the free market economy has proved a roaring success again.

Meanwhile, eleven blokes in red shirts will be playing in front of 20,000 people politely applauding here and there, particularly the opposition who they have really come to watch. If that is the hypothetical future of Premiership football in Bristol then stick it up your ar$e sunshine.

Words fail me. Most mature people on here would have read my post and seen I was trying to make a point. I wasn't saying that you must have attended the three particular games I used as an example. For your benefit I was trying to make the point that I hope the club looks after it's LOYAL supporters/customers/units, call them what you will. You tell me to get real as "it's a business". Please tell me and my "delusional" friends how many "real" businesses prosper in the long term by $h1tt1ing on it's loyal customers? Try naming a few.

If "moving on" means making money and nothing else when we reach the Premiership I have an idea. Lets scrap the standard season ticket price and instead auction the tickets. That way they go for the absolute maximum market value. When the likes of my dad who has supported the club for 58 years get outbid by some 30 something accountant who needs a Sat Nav to find Ashton Gate and whose only knowledge of Brian Wilson is from The Beach Boys then I am sure you and your "non-delusional" followers will be delighted that the free market economy has proved a roaring success again.

Meanwhile, eleven blokes in red shirt will be playing in front of 20,000 people politely applauding here and there, particularly the opposition who they have really come to watch. If that is the future of Premiership football in Bristol then stick it up your ar$e sunshine.

I have to agree with the above statement (Good and Valid Points) and would hope that loyal supporters would have some preference over a corporate company/Individual. I would also be very reluctant to watch the boys if I was surrounded by Non Football Supporters munching a prawn sandwich!

All the club can do is keep your seat back until the cut off date as usual. After that date, the prawn sandwich or excited to watch Man U fan would snap it up. The club wont bend over backwards to make sure the loyal fan is satisfied, 'buy the seat by this date or it will be sold to someone else.'

Archived