IGNORED

How Many Season Tickets Would We Sell If We Made The Premiership?

Motorwayman

.....Please tell me and my "delusional" friends how many "real" businesses prosper in the long term by $h1tt1ing on it's loyal customers? Try naming a few....

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but:

Sainsbury's, Tesco, ASDA, HSBC, RBS, First Great Western, Easyjet, Ryanair, BP, Halifax, Natwest......etc, etc

I have to agree with the above statement (Good and Valid Points) and would hope that loyal supporters would have some preference over a corporate company/Individual. I would also be very reluctant to watch the boys if I was surrounded by Non Football Supporters munching a prawn sandwich!

So, in affect, you're saying that corporate company/individuals are not loyal fans, right? B****cks!! Also, the occassion and then decides to become a regular, then thats great. On average, we've got another 5000 seat to fill and I'd rather go the the Gate and sit amongst 20'000 fans cheering on the team than have hoards of vacant seats, and a distinct lack of atmosphere. You don't deserve preferrence over anybody. My money is as good as yours and, at the end of the day, thats all that matters. Football is a business

I am afraid that you would not have 20,000 cheering supporters- As mentioned in a previous post ( The majority of new ST holders would be at Ashton Gate to watch premier league football *Not Bristol City*).

"I have never come across a non-football supporter at Ashton Gate. Maybe not a hardcore City fan, but a fan of football in general".

I beg to differ with the above quote if City were promoted. Please remember the OUTCRY at the price increase for this years Championship Football (Imagine the increase for the Premiership 20-30%? and how many supporters and familys could afford ST ?)

I have to agree with the above statement (Good and Valid Points) and would hope that loyal supporters would have some preference over a corporate company/Individual. I would also be very reluctant to watch the boys if I was surrounded by Non Football Supporters munching a prawn sandwich!

So, in affect, you're saying that corporate company/individuals are not loyal fans, right? B****cks!! Also, I have never come across a non-football supporter at Ashton Gate. Maybe not a hardcore City fan, but a fan of football in general. If they, as an individual, enjoys the occassion and then decides to become a regular, then thats great. On average, we've got another 5000 seat to fill and I'd rather go the the Gate and sit amongst 20'000 fans cheering on the team than have hoards of vacant seats, and a distinct lack of atmosphere. You don't deserve preferrence over anybody. My money is as good as yours and, at the end of the day, thats all that matters. Football is a business

I know you are responding to a different poster and I don't have a problem with corporate supporters and sponsors but imagine if you got chucked out of your Corporate seat because all the massive companies in Bristol who have thus far shown ABSOLUTELY NIL INTEREST in our football club were able to outbid you for your seat and Lansdown (who we now know sets the prices) deemed that their money was "better" than yours. I don't think you would be happy. As somebody has said, this is all hypothetical anyway but the point remains the same - if we live the dream lets hope those supporters who have "lived the nightmare" over the years get to live it too rather than just 10,000 hardcore and 10,000 Johnny Come Lately's who will drop the club like a stone at the first hint of relegation. Of course, if you have a season ticket you will get first choice anyway - I'm thinking along the lines of supporters who get to Ashton Gate 5-15 times a season and possibly go away now and again and who could well miss out in the stampede for tickets.

I defy anybody to say that they would rather see the ground full of "nouveau" supporters from Swindon, Wales, Gloucester etc. with no real passion towards City leaving the old guard who haven't bought a season ticket in recent times but have been to places like Gillingham, Millwall, Darlington, Rochdale and the like as well as Ashton Gate literally hundreds of times to scrap it out over the remaining 500 tickets!! Perhaps I have got it all wrong and it is everyone for themselves all in the name of "business".

I know you are responding to a different poster and I don't have a problem with corporate supporters and sponsors but imagine if you got chucked out of your Corporate seat because all the massive companies in Bristol who have thus far shown ABSOLUTELY NIL INTEREST in our football club were able to outbid you for your seat and Lansdown (who we now know sets the prices) deemed that their money was "better" than yours. I don't think you would be happy. As somebody has said, this is all hypothetical anyway but the point remains the same - if we live the dream lets hope those supporters who have "lived the nightmare" over the years get to live it too rather than just 10,000 hardcore and 10,000 Johnny Come Lately's who will drop the club like a stone at the first hint of relegation. Of course, if you have a season ticket you will get first choice anyway - I'm thinking along the lines of supporters who get to Ashton Gate 5-15 times a season and possibly go away now and again and who could well miss out in the stampede for tickets.

I defy anybody to say that they would rather see the ground full of "nouveau" supporters from Swindon, Wales, Gloucester etc. with no real passion towards City leaving the old guard who haven't bought a season ticket in recent times but have been to places like Gillingham, Millwall, Darlington, Rochdale and the like as well as Ashton Gate literally hundreds of times to scrap it out over the remaining 500 tickets!! Perhaps I have got it all wrong and it is everyone for themselves all in the name of "business".

There's 5000 spare seats every week. I don't care where anyone comes from, as long as they are behind the team. If they've only seen City once, so what? Once may lead to twice, to three times, to season ticket etc etc

As a matter of interest, did you go to Darlington? Or Rochdale?

There's 5000 spare seats every week. I don't care where anyone comes from, as long as they are behind the team. If they've only seen City once, so what? Once may lead to twice, to three times, to season ticket etc etc

As a matter of interest, did you go to Darlington? Or Rochdale?

As a matter of interest - no I haven't been to either ground. But as you are so interested for some reason I have followed City at Forest, Coventry, Leeds, Torquay, The Gas, Hereford, Walsall, Swindon, Bury, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Doncaster, Cambridge United, Southend, Port Vale, Oldham, Leyton Orient, Cardiff, Oxford United, Fulham, Portsmouth and will be at Wolves on Saturday plus a minimum of Plymouth, Charlton and Stoke this season (hopefully a couple more thrown in).

Your point seems to be that there are 5,000 seats not being occupied AT PRESENT. I agree that it would be fantastic to see them occupied week in week out but the facts are that unless we stay at the top all season it simply won't happen. People either cannot afford to go, have other commitments or are not interested enough to go every week. The point I am trying to make and you don't seem to understand or refuse to acknowledge is that (massive) IF we get to the Premiership there will be probably 40,000 people chasing around 17,000 tickets. 10,000 of those people including myself are season ticket holders and presumably will get first option on a season ticket for the Premiership. Then you have 30,000 people scrambling around for 7,000 tickets.

My point, in this hypothetical scenario, is that I would hope the 7,000 people who win the mad scramble and ultimately get the remaining season tickets are people who have the interests of City at heart and have attended games over the years. Do you not care if this is the case? Would it not bother you if some guy who currently lives in Cardiff, has no affinity to us and knows nothing about us but fancies watching Premiership football gets a season ticket ahead of a supporter who CURRENTLY watches City 10 games per season, who has no need to buy a season ticket at present (and therefore would not get the priority of the season ticket holders) and who has watched City all over the country in all divisions in the past?

Of course I also accept that the ultimate aim is to increase the capacity of the ground to such a number that everyone can be catered for.

Archived