IGNORED

Is The Dolman Safe?

freezer

Noticed that there hasn't been any music played after we score now for a while, don't know if it's related to the movement of the stand.

I could of swore that I could feel the stand moving very slightly straight after the whistle at the Southampton game as people exited.

What was the outcome of the 'report' into the safety of the stand, was there any official news from the club.

I'm not panicking mind as I've strategicaly placed a chair in the DEH directly underneath my seat in C Block, to land in.

Guest truecityfansam
If the Dolman Stand didn't move it would fall down. It's a cantiliver design like the Severn Bridge at that moves up and down.

If I were you, I would move to the East End. You might get branded a mouthey thug and be on several lists, and continually filmed, but at least you would know you are safe. I wouldn't believe a word any of the board say! where's my brick?

Guest truecityfansam
The Dolman's well safe.

Innit.

Thanks Tafkar, I'm relieved!

Just for the record. Which university of structural Engineering did you attend and when?

Thanks

Are you suggesting that US Neo-conservatives have planted charges at strategically placed points in the Dullmoan?

Keep up, Sir. According to the King of Saudi Arabia, who we are feting today for his leadership of a kindly democratic society, it was Israeli Neo-conservatives.

Anyway, Stoke bombed at AG on Saturday. Was this because of our superior fire power?

Keep up, Sir. According to the King of Saudi Arabia, who we are feting today for his leadership of a kindly democratic society, it was Israeli Neo-conservatives.

Anyway, Stoke bombed at AG on Saturday. Was this because of our superior fire power?

Certainly the way Fuller collapsed in a sulking heap in the 2nd half leads to the theory that Stoke collapsed after a direct hit from the City juggernaught.

Certainly the way Fuller collapsed in a sulking heap in the 2nd half leads to the theory that Stoke collapsed after a direct hit from the City juggernaught.

Proves the Dolman's safe, if an ego of his size collapsed to the ground and it's still standing.

With the weekends sad loss of Nick Randall who my thoughts are with his family, this has prompted me to post a message about the safety of the Dolman Stand.

There are only two exits in the Dolman Stand, one towards the Atyeo end and one towards the East End as we know, but with the developments of the East End and Williams Stand to be undertaken in the future, surely the priority is to redevelop the Dolman Stand before we consider knocking down stands that offer safety (in terms of access) to us already.

I know there is very little room behind the Dolman Stand to develop, but I feel the club should have looked into either knocking the stand down and rebuilding it (even if it meant reducing the capacity) or having entrances/exits going up into the stand through the Dolman Exhibition Hall, similar to the Atyeo and Williams stand.

I'm also concerned at the lack of stewards in the Dolman on matchdays, where on more than one occasion this season already, a steward wasnt readily available, whether it be for someone making a racist comment, or an argument between fellow fans (which on another day could result in a serious fight) or a child not being able to see due to an adult standing infront of them. This is another matter which I think the club could certainly look at resolving in the short term and I think we all agree that there are many things going wrong off the pitch but the performances on the pitch are papering over the cracks, i.e safety, ticket prices, customer service, lack of stewards, etc

Once again Id like to offer my sincere condolences to Nick Randalls family and hope that the team and us fellow supporters can do him proud on Tuesday night!

Marc

The Dolman's well safe.

Innit.

Anyone remember that October night in it's first year? City were playing Oxford in a gale and the ends snapped off!

No H&S mania then, so the game continued as people near the ends moved to other seats. The East End started up a chant of "We've got the rubble end"!

Anyone on here there that night?

Archived