IGNORED

Looks Like Keogh Didnt Make A Big Impact

bringbacktherobin

By all means ask questions about Keogh's motivation for stalling on the new contract. But let's not slag him off for going off on loan to another team.

At the end of the day, he could see as clearly as the rest of us that short of a coach crash, he was some way off the chance of a place in the first XI at the present time. Going out on loan is the right thing to do here (and is only done with the manager's instigation) - match fitness, experience, and readiness in the event of a recall due to injury or suspension make this a no brainer for all involved.

He's but a nipper, and needs football for his benefit and ours.

I am happier he agree to work hard on his game at another club for a short time, than go through the motions or become a negative influence around the squad (two things he has NOT done)

Put another way - if going on loan is the mark of Judas, surely we should be turning on the other 5 players who have taken loan moves so far this season?

By all means ask questions about Keogh's motivation for stalling on the new contract. But let's not slag him off for going off on loan to another team.

At the end of the day, he could see as clearly as the rest of us that short of a coach crash, he was some way off the chance of a place in the first XI at the present time. Going out on loan is the right thing to do here (and is only done with the manager's instigation) - match fitness, experience, and readiness in the event of a recall due to injury or suspension make this a no brainer for all involved.

He's but a nipper, and needs football for his benefit and ours.

I am happier he agree to work hard on his game at another club for a short time, than go through the motions or become a negative influence around the squad (two things he has NOT done)

Put another way - if going on loan is the mark of Judas, surely we should be turning on the other 5 players who have taken loan moves so far this season?

I think this is a fair assesment.

I'll put my hands up to both over-praising him last year when he was doing well and being pretty harsh when he announced, just days into his first month there, that he wanted to stay at Huddersield long-term. I guess I was a bit upset he'd not signed on with us because I like him as a player.

But I don't blame him for taking the chance to get games. By all accounts Russell has done this at Northampton and if the worse case scenario takes place and we lost one of our excellent midfielders to injury he'll be able to return fresh and in-form, which is a massive bonus to us. And if he does end up moving in January I'll have nothing but praise for Russell's attitude and performances for our club and would happily welcome him back to the Gate as an opposition player in the future because of the professional way he's andled the situation.

The same could be said for Keogh, except for the fact he made it quite clear he'd be happy to leave us as soon as he'd made his way up to West Yorkshire, while Russell has simply gone about doing the job. By not first not signing his contract (which, as I know nothing aboutit , do not hold against him as such) and then saying "I'd like to stay at Huddersfield long-term" the first chance he got (before seeing how he handled the playing side of things) he gave the impression he wasn't willing to work out any problems he had with City and effectively gave his notice to leave.

I must also say the only football I've seen him play this season was the Irish U-21s Vs. England U-21s, which I watched in the hope he'd do well and maybe give himself a chance back with us. Unfortunately he was very very poor that game and must have made any potential higher level suitors think more than twice about taking any sort of risk on him. I do hope Keogh works it out with GJ and can become another useful squad player for us (even if just till the end of his contract) but I get the feeling he might have made too big an error of judgement to simply work his way back into the team.

I have nothing against Richard Keogh but unfortunately I think he may have been badly advised by his agent and appears to have bombed. I would like to see nothing more than for him to work on his game, improve, find some confidence and challenge for a first team spot but he was part of a Huddersfield back four conceding goals for fun and has suffered the embarrassment of being told by them that his "services" were no longer required (one of the goals that Tranmere scored the other night was unfortunately directly down to weak defending by Keogh and we all know that Johnson expects his defenders to be strong and "mother" the goal). He didn't pull up any trees in pre-season either and was given the runaround by Marcus Stewart for 45 minutes before being dragged off. At the moment he is light years behind the likes of Carey, Fontaine and Orr and he may find that the contract that was offered to him has "gone missing".

<a href="http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1154477,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1154477,00.html</a>

from bcfc.co.uk

Richard Keogh has returned to Ashton Gate following the conclusion of his second month on loan at Huddersfield Town.

The defender made ten starts and scored once during his stay at the Galpharm Stadium, but Huddersfield do not wish to extend Richard's loan into a third month.

Looks like he didnt make a big enough impact, hopefully it will make him think that grass isnt greener on the other side and properly battle to get into this side.

Poor advisor yes but no excuse. Old enough to make his own decisions. Keen on first team football but very low in pecking order. Mission impossible? Hard work will tell.

I don't think anyone can presume he's 'throwing his toys out the pram' because we don't know that.

Maybe he's just after first team football, which is sensible for a footballer at his stage of his career??

I have often wondered at what stage of a footballers career they don't want regular first team football, The young ones want the experience, mature ones want to be in the public eye and the old ones want to keep fit.

I am really disappointed in Keogh not sustaining last seasons success, anyone who saw the way he celebrated the win at Chesterfield in front of the fans (twice!) wouldn't doubt his desire to play at that time.

They were rumours that he allowed the promotion celebration to continue longer than most, so maybe he made the mistake of not being among the fittest and those most raring to go at the start of the pre season. GJ would have been looking for any sign that a player was not 100% ready.

I have often wondered at what stage of a footballers career they don't want regular first team football, The young ones want the experience, mature ones want to be in the public eye and the old ones want to keep fit.

I am really disappointed in Keogh not sustaining last seasons success, anyone who saw the way he celebrated the win at Chesterfield in front of the fans (twice!) wouldn't doubt his desire to play at that time.

They were rumours that he allowed the promotion celebration to continue longer than most, so maybe he made the mistake of not being among the fittest and those most raring to go at the start of the pre season. GJ would have been looking for any sign that a player was not 100% ready.

Shows how far we've come under GJ. 3 years ago the whole squad would have allowed the promotion celebration to continue too long and back then RK would not have looked out of place if he returned to pre-season not as fit as he should.

Archived