IGNORED

Nick Randall Tribute

avidcity

Given there are many posts of condolences for Nick. I suggest creating a new thread to post ideas for a tribute for Nick

From what I can gather, suggestions have been

1 Keep his seat empty for the rest of the season

2 Minutes Silence/Applause

3 I recommend changing the DEH to the Nick Randall Exhibition Hall

Any others? Perhaps the chairman can think of the most appropriate way to remember Nick.

This is surely something for the Bereaved's close Family to decide not for people on an internet forum to discuss.

RIP.

Cheshire you are absolutely right, but I think a few positive ideas is a good therapy for people as well. Not many of us will forget the paramedics working for 30 mins or so..#

Personally, I like the idea of flowers and the seat left empty....

i think keep his seat empty for the rest of the season and on the next home match if his kids are young enough allow his kids to be mascotts for the next home match with his name on there back plus ask gary johnson to give flowers to his family on the next match day

Superb post, i agree 100%.

Maybe add to that a minutes silence/applause

Cheshire you are absolutely right, but I think a few positive ideas is a good therapy for people as well. Not many of us will forget the paramedics working for 30 mins or so..#

Personally, I like the idea of flowers and the seat left empty....

I am Nicks sister and seeing all of these messages are a big comfort to our family.My brother lived for Bristol City and It would be great for his 3 sons to be mascots.

Today me and my mum and my daughter went to the ground and we met the managing director he was really lovley and he took us up to the seat where my brother passed away,They also gave us city shirts for the children to wear at his funeral next Tuesday ,we also met Gary Johnson and I

personally felt overwelmed by everything.

He was a great Brother and will be missed very much

sue

Guest zider_head
He sounds like a lovely man, and as I said earlier anything that we can do, you only have to say.

Ditto

I think that goes for eveybody who has posted on here today and on the rovers forum as well, if we can do anything at all to ease your pain please feel free to let us all know. RIP

Superb post, i agree 100%.

Maybe add to that a minutes silence/applause

I'm very sorry to read of the death of any fellow City supporter but what's more poignant for me is that Nick was the same age as me. My condolences to his family.

It seems that the latest trend is to have applause as per Georgie Best's tributes around the country.

Great ideas. Like the one for renaming the DEH.

Also how about naming the Bristol Fans Derby for next year "The Nick Randall Bristol Fans Derby"?

Agree with Giles...

Renaming the fans derby would be a fantastic tribute to what seems like a great man.

I know the fans derby has their own charities, but could the possibly have an extra one chosen by Nicks family?

SIMPLY THE BEST

Nick Randall died watching the team he loved - but he was more than just a passionate football fan.

Today those who loved Nick paid tribute to the father of three young children, who collapsed during Bristol City's Championship match against Stoke City at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

The 42-year-old roofer from Bedminster is believed to have suffered a heart attack and died despite efforts by medical staff at the ground to save him.

His widow Sharon, 37, said that her husband would be buried in a City shirt donated by the club, which has also donated team shirts to be worn by Mr Randall's children Jaden, 12, Danny - who is 11 today - and Mackie, nine.

She said: "Nick was the best - I can honestly say he did not have a bad word to say about anybody. He was one of those people who you would want to be friends with.

"He lived for his family, his boys and his football."

Mrs Randall has been joined in paying tribute to her husband by relatives, friends and football fans from City, Rovers, Stoke and Yeovil, many of whom have left messages of sympathy on the Evening Post website.

At Mr Randall's funeral his coffin will be draped in a City flag, signed by all the players.

Mr Randall's sister Susan Nott visited the stadium on Monday after hearing her brother had died there. She met managing director Doug Harman and team manager Gary Johnson, who both offered their condolences.

Mrs Randall and her children made the same trip yesterday, to sit in his seat and reflect quietly, at the same place where her husband loved to spend his Saturday afternoons.

The season ticket holder was seated near the top of the Dolman Stand when he collapsed. His seat will be kept vacant until the end of the season as a mark of respect.

Mrs Randall said: "Our children are all City supporters and they used to go with their dad, but thank God they weren't there on Saturday.

"He had never had any medical problems so it was a shock for me and the children."

Despite being a loyal Robins fan, Mr Randall never used to wear a City shirt as he was concerned that wearing one might make some people think he was looking for trouble.

Mrs Randall married Nick, whose nicknames included "Randz" or "Nick the Roofer", in 1993 and they celebrated their wedding anniversary on Thursday.

She said: "I hated football and used to begrudge him going to games, but he went for his mates and a drink.

"City have been fantastic to us and I've said I want everyone to wear red and City shirts at the funeral.

"The children have not come to terms that their dad has gone. The funeral is going to be full of people who knew him because he was so popular."

Mrs Nott, a 37-year-old travel agent from Knowle, grew up with her older brother in St John's Crescent, Bedminster. They attended Victoria Park and then St Mary Redcliffe schools. She said: "Nick was wonderful and I couldn't have wished for a better brother. He was always kind, considerate and always there for me.

"He was great with my two daughters - because he was a big man he used to pick them up and hold them above his head. Nick was a real family man."

One of Mr Randall's closest friends, Jason Morel, said he still has not come to terms with the tragic news.

The 37-year-old sales representative from Stockwood said: "He was a larger than life character, always joking and putting his kids first. He worked really hard all the time and was always rushing around.

"People may not have known his name but they all knew him. You would go out for a drink and into a bar and there would always be someone who knew him.

"Nick used to go to football in the 1970s. He had a season ticket back then and then had another one for the last couple of years."

Bristol City spokesman Adam Baker said: "The chairman, management, directors, players and staff would like to extend, on behalf of all the supporters, their sincere condolences to Mr Randall's family and friends.

"The club's thoughts are with them at this difficult time."

Nick's funeral takes place next Tuesday from 12.30pm at South Bristol Crematorium. Family and friends are welcome.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/displayNode...tentPK=18827263

rand.jpg

Have said very little on the sad loss of a fellow city supporter who use to drink in the same bar as me at the ground as i feel everything has already be said, but i feel the biggest tribute to nick would be to fill ashton gate to the gunnells next tuesday , what a great sight that would be 21,000 sell out with just 1 seat left unocuppied , then when kick off approaches we could all look up to nicks seat and remember

R I P nick ( up the city )

Hi All

Have been searching the net far and wide tonight, and on all sorts of web sites I never knew exsisted!..

Amazing that my Nick has caused all this, but it really is helping me and the boys get through what has to be the biggest of hills to climb.

Over the past few hours have read some wonderful ideas, and touching thoughts, not only from the red army, but other army's too.

I would just like to say for the record that the club have been so very supportive of me and the boys and was really taken aback when Doug phoned us to ask about charities, would just like to explain my reasons for choosing the two as it dosn't say on the website my reasons.

The first and obvious would be the heart foundation, simply because I wouldn't want anyone, and i mean anyone going through what we are going through right now, the heart, a powerful yet fragile organ that we all take for granted will keep on beating, a symbol of love and unity around the world, fitting for a man like Nick.

The Childrens Hospital, Over the years we have had to visit the childrens hospital regularly, and have appriciated the helpfullness and warm surroundings that comes from what can sometimes be a stressful time. Children were so important to Nick, foremost his sons, but he had this ability to make even the most nervous of children like him. His boys were his life, therefore fitting that even the smallest sum raised will go towards something I know he believed in.

I know on one site I read that if we were to hold a minutes silence for every person who has died we would never get the game started, true, sad to say, but maby loosing a husband, father, brother and fellow fan is not just about loosing that person, I think it has been a wake up call for alot of people, simply because he was a normal everyday bloke who worked hard to give his family the best he could, and a minutes silence?, the boys have had to deal with alot of silence recently...and that seems so, sad.

If he were standing next to be now what would he say?.... majic question I guess, his seat being kept empty for the rest of the season means alot, and have put four roses with a scarf to make it look less empty up there. Nick would always get embarressed with compliments and praise, so my thoughts are to just clap your hands, cheer, sing, whatever makes you happy when our team appear on tuesday, not just for him but for all you football supporters out there who have given three boys a memory that will never be forgotten, he always said the roar of the stands was one of the reasons he loved it so much... if the FA officially say yes then great, if not, very time you cheer the reds on I for one will be thinking of him.

A lasting memory?......... Well he did like his drink, and a bit of blackthorn at the supporters club was like comming home, maby a small somthing on the wall in there, as I know he loved the members and staff there.

Just to add, BCFC will be including Nick in the program on Tuesday, one of the finest tributes to a man who lets face it, could be like any one of us, just a normal bloke from Bedminster.

Love to you all

Sharon

Archived