IGNORED

A Wolves Point Of View

Guest wolf2

Whatever the result I think it'll be the game of the weekend to be honest. Some of your players you've mentioned (Kightly, Jarvis, Keogh) plus some of our own (McIndoe, Sproule, Trundle) should make it a pretty exciting match up.

I'd be more than happy with a point at your place, but considering you got tonked last weekend at Portman Road whilst we were beating a team you only managed a draw with several games ago I think it'll be more open than you make out. Underestimate us and it'll cost you.

Whatever the result I think it'll be the game of the weekend to be honest. Some of your players you've mentioned (Kightly, Jarvis, Keogh) plus some of our own (McIndoe, Sproule, Trundle) should make it a pretty exciting match up.

I'd be more than happy with a point at your place, but considering you got tonked last weekend at Portman Road whilst we were beating a team you only managed a draw with several games ago I think it'll be more open than you make out. Underestimate us and it'll cost you.

Whilst I, and many other Wolves fans may underestimate you, you can be sure that McCarthy wont let the team underestimate you. As a spectacle I hope it is an open game, but I'd imagine Johnson would take a point if it was offered now and for that reason I doubt we will see you attacking non stop. I just hope we have the skill and patience to break City down.

Whilst I, and many other Wolves fans may underestimate you, you can be sure that McCarthy wont let the team underestimate you. As a spectacle I hope it is an open game, but I'd imagine Johnson would take a point if it was offered now and for that reason I doubt we will see you attacking non stop. I just hope we have the skill and patience to break City down.

No. Gary Johnson never puts his team out to go for anything less than a win from the start. Gary and the players want to win every game and they prepare to win every game. Though i would take a point from this game, i think we can win, but itll be tough.

Think that the longer people continue to underestimate City this season the better.

After so many years spent in the football wilderness it is perhaps understandable that many other fans see us as a small club that is overachieving this season.

The fact is we are playing great stuff this year and fully deserve our success so far.

Last year everyone was saying that S****horpe couldnt keep getting the results and look what they have done.

So who knows what me can achieve this season......

Well, we've been pretty consistent, with just the one defeat!

Like the other replies, I'd be delighted with a draw, though due to Wolves' inconsistency, anything could happen.

Yes you have made the step up very well - but I'm sure you will agree the Championship is much of a muchness. We have been very mixed this season and have a few players returning from injury, I think once we get a settled eleven we will improve significantly. My mate supports the Albion and is of the opinion you were somewhat fortunate to get a result against them earlier in the year?

Yes you have made the step up very well - but I'm sure you will agree the Championship is much of a muchness. We have been very mixed this season and have a few players returning from injury, I think once we get a settled eleven we will improve significantly. My mate supports the Albion and is of the opinion you were somewhat fortunate to get a result against them earlier in the year?

Not sure about that. WBA were probably the best team we've played so far but we matched them all the way.

Looking at your squad, you've not got any real star performers or well known household names. Your like us in that respect, 2 solid teams built on team spirit and hard work.

Do you think buying Jarvis and selling McIndoe was a good move on your part?

As others have said, underestimate us if you like.....but you'll regret it.

I'm not going to try and pick out our "danger men", as I personally believe every City player that has pulled on the shirt this season has contributed to getting us to 2nd in the league. I've seen better City players at this club over the years, but I have never seen a better "team".

Yes you may well be our toughest test so far, but one we can deal with.

Which players should we be aware of? Has Trundle made the step up? More importantly do you believe you can stay the course for the rest of the season? The press seem to think you are a bit threadbare and a few injuries could see you fall away a la Cardiff last season. Gary Johnson is doing a great job down there though and it is all set up for a huge game this weekend.

Welcome aboard, good post. Had a soft spot for Wolves since the days of the great Doog and John Richards and the enigma that was Peter Knowles.

Only time will tell if we can last the course but with the manager we have it wouldn't surprise me now. The point about the strength of our squad was put to Steve Froggatt on Big League Weekend on Sky this week. He pointed out that we started against Stoke without our top scorer (Darren Byfield) and a player with 3 goals from the bench (Scott Murray) so we can't have that shallow a squad. I could add that we also had Cole Skuse ( a target for Reading in the summer apparently) and Jamie McCombe (our player of last season) on the bench. We also have very good goalkeeping cover. Lee Trundle has also been on the bench recently. Perhaps the only irreplacable player is Marvin Elliott who's been outstanding and for whom we don't have a like for like replacement, though many will say Louis Carey also.

Lots of big name players and managers in this league but they do not necessarily make good teams; we have a good team not a collection of individuals. We'll show you the respect you deserve but certainly won't come to defend.

all this talk that we have a weak squad in terms of depth? do fans/ media or whoever just assume this after coming from league 1? Because I feel that is very lazy on thier behalf in terms of research! Every player on our subs bench can easily fit into our starting 11. I really do think that one of the main reasons we are 2nd, isn't just because of our strong defence, great team spirit and will to win attitude, i think it might be because teams may underestimate us. Reading wolfs post, it seems a little like that.

Long may that continue by the way!

thank you for posting a, well a nice post, i just took a bit of stick from a wolves fan after trying to be diplomatic and it seems you've got a decent number of cells between your ears. I like mcindoe he looks promising, i think he's the kind of player johnson likes because he's got ambitions but he can also control the lad, a decent winger, a good header of the ball too, best of luck to the wolves, personally id be happy with 5 pts in november your boys, charlton leicester and hull are all strong units who will prove a test and ipswich are just formidable at home but you never know their bubbles got to burst aswell at some point...

Thank you once again, good shout.

That was probably the last decent Wolves team.

I for one do not understimate City - Sproule sounds terrifying!

I think what many fans of established Championship clubs think is that newly promoted teams who start well will not be able to sustain their form. But that aside we have no knowledge of city.

Wolves line up as you say is hardly terrifying , if we win I suspect it will be very close but I will be surprised if we do turn you over. But I love us to be the underdogs (because of league position), it can transform a quiet Wolves crowd into a good one,

I am predicting a 2-1 win to Bristol City. If we go one down I can assure you that we will battle hard to come back and win the game. Under estimate us at your peril! We are playing really good football at the moment and the team has a real togetherness. That alone could say 3 points to the City boys.

Archived