IGNORED

Adriano Basso

Ian M

I have a grip son, just being realistic. Championship keeper yes, Premiership keeper no.

I accept that but feel fans should have nothing but praise for the bloke.

"a mistake is just around the corner. "

If keeper's didn't make mistakes then most games would finish 0-0. Son.

Stats like this don't count, not to be taken seriously blah blah blah!

Thats what I was told the last time it was discussed when JM was in the top 10 defenders stats!

I was told it was all a waste of time, and the poeple who compiled the stats didn't know what they were doing!!!

Well done Basso any hoo

when he first came i was critical how glad i am to be proved wrong the man just keeps improving :englandsmile4wf:

Basso had a shaky spell in the first half but, credit to him, he shrugged it off and concentrated on doing his job for the remainder of the game. That is all you can do as a keeper when you are having a "dodgy ten". All this "next mistake is just around the corner" b0ll0x - well how clever is that Einstein? You can say that about 99% of keepers in ths country ESPECIALLY the clown who plays for Tottenham and England and who has been beaten more times from 30+ yards than I have had hot dinners.

Basso had a shaky spell in the first half but, credit to him, he shrugged it off and concentrated on doing his job for the remainder of the game. That is all you can do as a keeper when you are having a "dodgy ten". All this "next mistake is just around the corner" b0ll0x - well how clever is that Einstein? You can say that about 99% of keepers in ths country ESPECIALLY the clown who plays for Tottenham and England and who has been beaten more times from 30+ yards than I have had hot dinners.

SPOT and ON with both points.

Fair point about Maradonna. I had a few beers before writing the post and I guess the point that was made "Even the best keepers make mistakes" was much better.

James / Robinson / Seaman made sh!t loads and have played at the highest level. Let's just be glad we've not got Phillips anymore! :noexpression:

He never panics and is rarely skinned. He does a lot of covering across behind the central defenders as well. He has stopped picking up bookings and looks an excellent signing. I suppose supporters will always compare him with some quality left backs in the last 20 years, we have been blessed with some very good ones that's for sure.

Jamie McAllister, like all GJ's players, is well focused and certainly belies some of the dodgy comments from Hearts supporters on this forum after his transfer. I am glad to say.

Totally agree. All keepers make mistakes, it is the nature of their job, why is no one complaining about all the missed chances our strikers had... It is the same thing. Basso is currently in extraordinary form, he is the finest keeper I have ever seen at AG, and is quite frankly better than almost all Prem keepers. It is true what you say, what England keeper would you want??? None.

Many would accuse you of exaggerating but i completely agree with you.

Archived