IGNORED

Adriano Basso

Ian M

• Admin

According the the Championship's Actim Stats, they now hold the same opinion as us that Adriano Basso is the best goalkeeper in the Championship (at least thus far) so well done Adriano and keep up the good work.

Also pleasing to note that we supposedly have the 3rd best defender in the Championship and the second best midfielder too.

Though the Top 100 players link doesn't appear to have been updated for a month.

Championship Actim Stats

• Admin
Stats like this don't count, not to be taken seriously blah blah blah!

Thats what I was told the last time it was discussed when JM was in the top 10 defenders stats!

I was told it was all a waste of time, and the poeple who compiled the stats didn't know what they were doing!!!

Well done Basso any hoo

Ah but that was for Jamie McAllister rather than Oooooh Bassoooooo.

Seriously, the only stat that really counts is the one that has us lying in 2nd in the "Official Championship Table" but it doesn't hurt to view these as a bit of fun also.

He's as good as most Premiership keepers too imo, given the choice i would prefer Basso to Robinson any day of the week.

In fact, has Basso got his English nationality yet? hmmmm....

So how long till struggling Prem teams come sniffing for him? they can all bugger off!!!

HES OURS'ES!!!

Thank **** we got shot of flapper anyways :trumpet:

He's as good as most Premiership keepers too imo, given the choice i would prefer Basso to Robinson any day of the week.

You must be having a giraffe surely? Basso is nowhere near good enough for any top Premiership side. Don't get me wrong, I love Bass I think the lad is a legend and an awesome keeper and much much better than Phillips. However, his kicking isnt anywhere near good enough and you always know a mistake is just around the corner.

Bass is the best keeper we've had for a while, but better than Robbo? Pull the other one sunshine.

You must be having a giraffe surely? Basso is nowhere near good enough for any top Premiership side. Don't get me wrong, I love Bass I think the lad is a legend and an awesome keeper and much much better than Phillips. However, his kicking isnt anywhere near good enough and you always know a mistake is just around the corner.

Bass is the best keeper we've had for a while, but better than Robbo? Pull the other one sunshine.

You say that Basso is prone to errors. I would agree with you about a year ago but now I feel he is far more confident and I can't remember many, if any, errors by Basso this season.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

You say that Basso is prone to errors. I would agree with you about a year ago but now I feel he is far more confident and I can't remember many, if any, errors by Basso this season.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

None of his errors this season have led to goals so they arn't high profile. But if you seriously picked at his game you would notice a lot more than the "i'm glad we got away with that" when his miskicks a back pass. Have you ever noticed how our back four always try and avoid giving it back to him? These are things that a premiership team/scount would notice straight away. I'm no expert but on current ability his is no premiership keeper. However, he has improved so much in a short space of time thenWorld Cup 2010 for Brazil might be realistic!!!!

I guess that the championship doesn't get that much coverage in Brazil because there can't be many other Brizilian 'keepers playing better than him at the moment. He deserves some recognition from his fellow country men I feel.

Complete Myth, Brazilian keepers are ace. It was either 2 years ago or last there were 3 Brazilian keepers in the last 8 of the champions league.

The keep goal for AC Milan, Inter, PSV, Roma, Porto and Bristol City!

Basso's never going to be anywhere near the Brazil team, simply because the huge glut of great Brazilian keepers about.

In fact, has Basso got his English nationality yet? hmmmm....

If they're both on top of their games Robbo comes out on top. You're comparing a broken Robinson with a guy riding high. Basso has chucked in error after error and cost us quite a few games too.

So how long till struggling Prem teams come sniffing for him? they can all bugger off!!!

Never

I love Basso, but let's nto be silly eh?

Complete Myth, Brazilian keepers are ace. It was either 2 years ago or last there were 3 Brazilian keepers in the last 8 of the champions league.

Basso's never going to be anywhere near the Brazil team, simply because the huge glut of great Brazilian keepers about.

I love Basso, but let's not be silly eh?

Well maybe Robinson just might edge him, if Basso has an off day i suppose, it happens sometimes. :rolleyes:

Still think he could do a job in the prem, kicking can be improved with training unlike instinct, hes not to old to improve his game, he could well have his best years aead of him!

Well maybe Robinson just might edge him, if Basso has an off day i suppose, it happens sometimes. :rolleyes:

Still think he could do a job in the prem, kicking can be improved with training unlike instinct, hes not to old to improve his game, he could well have his best years aead of him!

The only keeper who i think is worse than Basso starting in the Prem is Scott Carson. possibly Bywater and Hahnemann, but I've not seen enough of either.

I recently emailed Tim Vickery (journo at the BBC who deals with S. American footie) about Basso and he said about the same. Basso might be the only Brazilian keeper in the English leagues, but in Europe and Brazil there are many awesome keepers.

Now if he were in the Prem he might get looked at, but Mr. Vickery assured me that the Championshiop isn't really a league followed with any interest in Brazil.

Guest KellyCity18
The only keeper who i think is worse than Basso starting in the Prem is Scott Carson. possibly Bywater and Hahnemann, but I've not seen enough of either.

basso better than carson who is tipped to be an england keeper and maybe attracting a multimillion pound bit from villa?

Basso is a good keeper who's playing well. He's certainly surprised me with how much he's improved and long may it continue. However is he International/Prem standard? Nope, let's not get carried away.

Nice though it is to see our players riding so high in those tables it's a complete fallacy to think they present a complete picture of a player's ability or performance. There are some basic things with the Actim stats that severely limit measurements they make about the game because they have to be objective, for example an off target shot reduces your score but failing to get a shot away doesn't because it would involve judging whether a player "should" have shot. For that reason there's no concept of difficulty, nor of mistakes of omission.

I'd imagine that 95%+ of City fans who've watched us this season would rate Elliott as the best midfielder and one of Carey or Fontaine as the best defenders - I think it's ludicrous to suggest that this is wrong just because Actim says otherwise.

None of his errors this season have led to goals so they arn't high profile. But if you seriously picked at his game you would notice a lot more than the "i'm glad we got away with that" when his miskicks a back pass. Have you ever noticed how our back four always try and avoid giving it back to him? These are things that a premiership team/scount would notice straight away. I'm no expert but on current ability his is no premiership keeper. However, he has improved so much in a short space of time thenWorld Cup 2010 for Brazil might be realistic!!!!

Rich, in fairness, you don't watch Basso every game and he isn't the same keeper he was 12 months, even 6 months ago. His kicking has improved hugely and I can't remember many times that he's let us down recently.

Robert Green isn't great at coming out, Robinson is prone to many errors, James can be clown like at times - Basso has one small error but in comparsion its no more than the current crop of so say 'English internationals' so your theory seems a bit misfounded.

It's strange that Jamie McAllister is so highly rated, yet barely receives a mention on this forum. I guess solid consistency isn't as interesting as flair & controversy.

He never panics and is rarely skinned. He does a lot of covering across behind the central defenders as well. He has stopped picking up bookings and looks an excellent signing. I suppose supporters will always compare him with some quality left backs in the last 20 years, we have been blessed with some very good ones that's for sure.

Rich, in fairness, you don't watch Basso every game and he isn't the same keeper he was 12 months, even 6 months ago. His kicking has improved hugely and I can't remember many times that he's let us down recently.

Robert Green isn't great at coming out, Robinson is prone to many errors, James can be clown like at times - Basso has one small error but in comparsion its no more than the current crop of so say 'English internationals' so your theory seems a bit misfounded.

Admin v Admin, this could be fun!!!!

You are correct, I don't watch City everygame due to my own footballing career ( :tv_horror: ) however I have managed to get to the majority of games this year due to evening & late afternoon kickoffs etc. I thought Basso's kicking against Southamton was very weak, players still dont like passing the ball back to him and his kicking from his hands isn't that accurate. However, as I stated Basso's form/ability has massivley improved hence why I mentioned World Cup 2010 although of course it was a bit TIC.

Basso has improved agreed but we are playing to his strengths and avoiding his weaknesses. His shot stopping and catching ability is second to none which is why he is one of the better keepers in the league. But a 1st choice premiership keeper his is not.

He does make Steve Phillips look like Bo Anderson mind.

According the the Championship's Actim Stats, they now hold the same opinion as us that Adriano Basso is the best goalkeeper in the Championship (at least thus far) so well done Adriano and keep up the good work.

Also pleasing to note that we supposedly have the 3rd best defender in the Championship and the second best midfielder too.

Though the Top 100 players link doesn't appear to have been updated for a month.

Championship Actim Stats

Basso is class and can well do the national team.

Paul Robinson is a big joke. Joe Hart is the England number one.

Personally think Carson is Englands number 1 so wont compare Basso to him..

But I can say without any bias that some of his saves last season would put alot of Premiership keepers in the dark.

Hahneman, Doyle, Robinson, Sorenson...utter crap IMO and would rather have Bas.

Like I said, a mistake is just around the corner. I'm certainly not slagging the bloke, far from it because he is an excellent keeper.

But just proving a point.

maybe a mistake is just round the corner, after all everyone makes mistakes but basso made a quality save whilst the score was still 1-1 he had a dodgy first half but done well in the second, fair play to the lad

Archived