IGNORED

Nothing To Fear In This League

Robbored

Reading McCarthy's post match comments on the BBC sports page he say that their first half performance yesterday was the 'best we've played all season'.

Well if thats the case all I can say if thats the case is that City have nothing to fear if thats one of the best we'll come up against.City matched Wolves all over the pitch and in the second half were far the better side. I thought City were worthy of all three points.It was another great performance.

BTW - I though Trundle had his best game in a City shirt.He really put in a full shift and looked understandably knackered at full time.He hardly stopped running all game.Well done to him and all the lads.

Reading McCarthy's post match comments on the BBC sports page he say that their first half performance yesterday was the 'best we've played all season'.

Well if thats the case all I can say if thats the case is that City have nothing to fear if thats one of the best we'll come up against.City matched Wolves all over the pitch and in the second half were far the better side. I thought City were worthy of all three points.It was another great performance.

BTW - I though Trundle had his best game in a City shirt.He really put in a full shift and looked understandably knackered at full time.He hardly stopped running all game.Well done to him and all the lads.

So weve managed to convert Mr R to be a Trundle fan!!!!! :innocent06:

Thought the same.

Very strong and held the ball up well.

A positive and non fishing post from Robbored - I am amazed! Or am I still drunk?

Cant say you deserved the three points but you were the stronger team 2nd half and most likely to win at that stage. But if we had had our shooting boot son we could have been 2 or even 3 up first half. I thought Wolves played fantastic football first half hour, that is what MM is referring to I think, and at that stage it is fair to say you were struggling to keep pace. A draw was a fair result. But you proved indeed that you have nothing to fear. West Brom are a better team though.

Cant say you deserved the three points but you were the stronger team 2nd half and most likely to win at that stage. But if we had had our shooting boot son we could have been 2 or even 3 up first half. I thought Wolves played fantastic football first half hour, that is what MM is referring to I think, and at that stage it is fair to say you were struggling to keep pace. A draw was a fair result. But you proved indeed that you have nothing to fear. West Brom are a better team though.

don't worry mate, us City fans are getting used to the Big boys in the division coming up with the excuses why they have not beaten us,

If we had our shooting boots on is a new one to add to the collection!!

we also had to put up with a shocking ref who gave you everything

the problem is this all the other clubs see us as a big club,that we are not .we are no 'bigger' in that i mean as being perceived as having a god dam right to be in the prem.we are no more than an average championship club ,vast fanbase agreed ,but on the pitch ? nagh purely average

I think Hollowhead was right on Soccernight in this division anyone can beat any team on the day. Mccarthy didnt underestimate us he respects Gary Johnson as a manager, and it was an entertaining match. This division suits us because we are a passing team and we go out in games to attack and win the match, not defend a la Stoke style. The second half of the season will be interesting as we would have played everyone so they will have a better idea of how we play. Nevertheless I think we can maintain a top ten potision come the end of the season.

bang on fellow Wolves chap, I know some fans bang on about Wolves being a big club, but in fairness we also get other fans giving cheapshots about perceived arrogance when it aint called for or merited. I don't even think we have a vast fanbase - probably similar to you potentially.

A draw was a fair result.

bang on fellow Wolves chap, I know some fans bang on about Wolves being a big club, but in fairness we also get other fans giving cheapshots about perceived arrogance when it aint called for or merited. I don't even think we have a vast fanbase - probably similar to you potentially.

A draw was a fair result.

I was impressed that we scored at your place as you hadnt conceded a goal for over 338 minutes at home. You must have a good defense?

we do have a massive worldwide fanbase ,but that doesnt make you good on the pitch .I'm half expecting us to spend in january,but must say bothroyd and eastwood are the answer to us getting results .the defense is not too bad ,the strikers are the ones letting us down at this time

So weve managed to convert Mr R to be a Trundle fan!!!!! :innocent06:

Thought the same.

Very strong and held the ball up well.

For all his hard work all Lee "holds the ball up well" Trundle got was a five in all the match reports in the papers! Seems strange that some on here say that he had a great game but the reports say otherwise :noexpression:

Maybe you wil all accuse them of picking on him, or maybe I was involved in the ratings :innocent06:

For all his hard work all Lee "holds the ball up well" Trundle got was a five in all the match reports in the papers! Seems strange that some on here say that he had a great game but the reports say otherwise :noexpression:

Maybe you wil all accuse them of picking on him, or maybe I was involved in the ratings :innocent06:

Haha, it's not strange at all.

These are the same papers that reported on how ex Stoke striker Marvin Elliott doesn't have a left foot but scored with it against his old club, and that Brian Carey had a really good game.

The reports aren't written by people that watched the game, which is strangely ironic seeing as they're used as a basis for criticising players by other people who didn't watch it either!

Good post RR, i agree that we did not look out of place and have nothing to fear from this league. Classic game of two halves, we were fortunate to go in level at half time, but did very well second half.

I know he's not popular, but i thought Lee Johnson was magnificent yesterday. he 'showed' for the ball every time we had it, rarely misplaced a pass, and got through a shed load of hard work. I think he has really uped his game since Barnsley at home and that could be one of the key contibutions to our unbeaten run. What you cannot deny about Lee, is that he doesn't hide and keeps probing. Good man.

Trundle played well in patches, although wasted a glorious chance when 3 on 2 with ten minutes gone, i expect more. other than that, he worked very hard and showed glimpses of class. He has to get stronger though, he spends more time on his arse that Lee Peacock!!

Finally, belfastcityfan, if you want to criticise Trundle, go to the bloody games and watch him! You judge him from national newspaper reports?? :noexpression: :disapointed2se:

Archived